Vol family in need....

TitanicVolz

So~FaKing~AwsomE
Sorry to ask this guys,my father passed 2 nites ago.My mom outside of me doesn't have any help,and was unprepared for this.Im trying do best I can and have some but any prayers would be appreciated.We created a go fund me small amount of $800 i can do the rest but I'm having trouble reaching that.I know this place has been a huge help for sum,Dad was a die hard vol fan gotta count for sumthin,and i bleed orange.Thankfully mom kept me from being hacksaw Reynolds😁😁he had faults dont we all though but was a good man and great father.I posted this once in recruiting forum but it got mixed up in the wash.Even 5 bucks or a share be great.Any prayers,help advice u guys can give be great.Thank you all i hate asking for help,but i guess sumtimes we all need sumbody.To the ones who have reached out thank you so much,this will be my last time posting as I don't wanna bother everyone.I just wanted to give it,it's proper attention.Thank you all,God bless and Go Vols.

Click here to support Need help to pay for husband's funeral organized by Vicky Sheets

I'm not necessarily doubting the veracity of this fund, but the pictures make it appear "questionable." Is there a reason for the disguised photos?

I’m not seeing “disguised photos” and frankly I’m taken aback by your attitude especially since you’re a doctor. You apparently don’t know these people and I’m surprised you’re passing judgement on their honor.

The first photo isn’t disguised but the other three are. Not judging one way or the other.

I’m not seeing “disguised photos” and frankly I’m taken aback by your attitude especially since you’re a doctor. You apparently don’t know these people and I’m surprised you’re passing judgement on their honor.

Then maybe you should actually click the link and scroll down the page before disparaging me. Three pictures, two with obvious goofy disguises (which I would consider disrespectful to the recently deceased) and one with a hat pulled over the face and a pipe or cigar hanging out.

It's hard to convey "attitude" with words on a message board. I am suggesting that it might help with the fundraising effort to demonstrate more sincerity.
Screenshot_20190213-075710.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Obituary for Don Sheets | Appalachian Funeral Home & Cremation Services

For anyone @kiddiedoc who “thought”this was disguised!!Im just now having a chance to get back around to this thread,to those that helped thank you.it unfortunate I wasn’t able to stay on the football forum thread like sum people and had to be moved into the abyss where my post was barely noticed!!i understand sum suspicious as sum ppl lie and cheat to get what they need but that wasn’t me and unfortunately we missed our goal!sorry I didn’t have any pictures of him dying etc to get more sympathy.i just shot it strait and honest to the point no need for my 2 year sob story unless u wanna hear it lol I just needed a lil help and those that did it’s greatly appreciated and those that doubted well

Last edited:
Reactions: hmanvolfan
I guess next time I need help I’l post my giant sob story followed by pictures of him hooked to every f*kn machine known to man.12 staples n his throat,eye swelled shut,kidney shut down,he was a heavy drinker so u can fill in the rest but I didn’t think posting those pictures was appropriate or what I wanna have him remembered by so I posted a few funny/good pics I had of him.Really disappointing we missed our goal because of a couple jackasses wanna play detective.I should stayed on the thread but sorry was busy trying to bury my pops on my own basically so that my fault but I just wanted to clear this up Incase anyone thought I was “lying”!!

Thank you and no it wasn’t fake,I just didn’t feel like posting a 2 year story followed by pics of him near death.i didn’t want sympathy just needed sum help so figured the rest was irrelevant.I posted his Obit so to those that did question it there u go

Sorry for your loss.

This is the first I saw of it

It’s alrite bud,I haven’t had a chance to really get back to the thread just posted it and had a lot of things to take care of.Been meaning to get back this way but I hadn’t realized the validity of my pops death had been questioned or I have responded ASAP!Just wanted to clear sum things up Incase anyone wondered if “it was valid”and for those that helped wouldn’t think I was trying scheme sumone etc.It Just sucks because of ONE person questioning things n moving my thread within secs prob caused a lot of others to not help etc n not hit our goal.I get that their are alot of dishonest ppl now n days.Partially my fault for not clearing that up asap but been so busy.

Last edited:
I’m sorry for you loss and am praying Jesus is holding you and your family in his arms comforting you with his promise of everlasting life. I am not sorry I tried to help you in a small way by donating to his burial fund. God bless you and your family.

I guess next time I need help I’l post my giant sob story followed by pictures of him hooked to every f*kn machine known to man.12 staples n his throat,eye swelled shut,kidney shut down,he was a heavy drinker so u can fill in the rest but I didn’t think posting those pictures was appropriate or what I wanna have him remembered by so I posted a few funny/good pics I had of him.Really disappointing we missed our goal because of a couple jackasses wanna play detective.I should stayed on the thread but sorry was busy trying to bury my pops on my own basically so that my fault but I just wanted to clear this up Incase anyone thought I was “lying”!!
Sorry for your loss man, but if you are going to post on the internet asking for money be prepared for some to be sceptical.

I’m sorry for you loss and am praying Jesus is holding you and your family in his arms comforting you with his promise of everlasting life. I am not sorry I tried to help you in a small way by donating to his burial fund. God bless you and your family.

Thank you for that,it’s grestly appreciated.I just wanted to clear a few things up.I know a few donated and I didn’t want anyone to think it was a scam etc and that their $ actually went to a good cause.

Reactions: hmanvolfan
Sorry for your loss man, but if you are going to post on the internet asking for money be prepared for some to be sceptical.

Agree completely,hopefully won’t be in this situation again anytime soon and haven’t had to do this in the past so I’m not a pro at it.I should have addressed the situation immmeditatly but had been so busy I haven’t gotten back around til lately.Its unfortunate that the one who created all this drama by throwing stones when he didn’t have a flipping clue what he’s talking about doesn’t have the respect to apologize but I understand.I should have handled things better and stayed more on top of it being I was asking for $ and that’s on me.Thats pretty much all I’m gonna say,thank you all for the prayers and god bless.

Reactions: volfannbama
I'm very sorry for your loss, and if you scroll back, I was merely asking for an explanation of the edited photos. Obviously, the 'net is a harbor of misinformation and scams. It's really not that unreasonable, IMO, to ask for a simple reason those pictures were provided, rather than real pics of your loved one with family, good times, etc. Honestly, I thought if you would change them, it might help your cause.

Again, I'm really sorry that my comments came across as they did. Please forgive me. Your family is my prayers tonight.

VN Store

Back