VN should apologize to JG

JG has proven that he doesn’t have the IQ to be the leader of a big time program. He would do great at a school with less expectations and lesser competition. I’ve supported him for 2.5 years now and it’s clear there’s something amiss. He’s got talent. I remember watching his highlights and thinking this dude was going to great here. But when the team plays harder for a freshman instead of the upperclassman then there’s an issue. Our offense is night and day with Maurer. If Maurer was in there he would’ve ran the play that was called and we probably score a touchdown. Trey Smith obliterated his guy into the end zone and that’s where the play was going. We score there and it’s a one possession game with a lot of game left to play. This game is on JG.

That was the original call but because the LB crept into the gap that play was blown. No way under any circumstance does JG make that hand-off. He had no choice other than a time-out. Confront Pruitt over that shat?
Trey kicked and ran the end 3 yards deep into the endzone. They actually passed the DB that JG threw the fumble to.
64 and 74 pinned down on the DTs and Pope was in front of Crouch with no one to block. The entire left side of the OL and backfield ran a TD scoring play, we just needed a QB to hand the ball to the RB.

Put yourself in his shoes and see that LB. You have no choice but to go right, the 10 gap. 1 being the designation of qb. He's not athletic but in that case he had no choice but to improvise. I PLAYED THE DAMN POSITION so I KNOW WHERE FAULT LIES.
If you played the position and think Pruitt is to blame you’re absolutely clueless. All players on offense run one play and our QB decides to run another? And yeah DA the designed play would’ve resulted in a TD it was blocked well and crouch probably walks in.

Watch the replay and see how fast May came in unblocked. Damn boy he could have reached across LOS and touched JG prior to snap. That's why JG didn't want to talk to his azz and Pruitt tugged his facemask. F*#k Pruitt, i'm standing behind the QB on this one regardless. If ever there was a time-out needing to be called it was then as soon as the LB stood at the LOS.
Good deal. You’ll be standing behind him while he finishes his career on the sideline.

Trey kicked and ran the end 3 yards deep into the endzone. They actually passed the DB that JG threw the fumble to.
64 and 74 pinned down on the DTs and Pope was in front of Crouch with no one to block. The entire left side of the OL and backfield ran a TD scoring play, we just needed a QB to hand the ball to the RB.

OP played the damn position. How dare you insinuate it was JG’s fault. I mean after all the clutch decision making we’ve seen JG make and how this team has succeeded bc of it.

If this was an alignment / LOS issue. Pruitt may not have even seen it. Now JG SHOULD have seen it and called a timeout. Either way, why not state your case to JP instead of looking away.

TLDR: This is why you cant trust JG. Should have seen the issue and called a timeout, but did not.

I thought part of the QB's job was to make sure everyone is on the same page. All the players noted miscommunication issues so some of this has to fall in JG's lap. Now if the coaches did not relay the right play then part of it falls on them, but Pruitt's reaction after the play clearly told us that the play was not executed properly.

Because either JG went rogue or they didn't hear the audible. Pretty simple. Given CJP's reaction, I know which one I believe it to be.
I can see Crouch not hearing the audible as he is 5 yards behind JG. But Trey Smith missing an audible high doubt that. And then the comments by Kennedy and Smith afterwards on top of CJP reactions I know which one I believe!!!

You are the only one standing behind him besides maybe his parents. His own team mates aren’t even standing behind him. You can tell that by the comments made by Trey Smith and Kennedy!! He was unblocked because the play was supspode to be to the left side that is why smith was out there blocking and Pope and Crouch was headed that way as well on the snap. A QB sneak everyone is moving forward are they not? He went rogue and didn’t even bother to audible, he jsut flat out altered the play. Your not gonna tell me that they practice a QB sneak where the guard pulls!

OP is either a troll or a DOCUMENTED DA!!!

I’m leaning toward the latter..........SMDH!

I thought part of the QB's job was to make sure everyone is on the same page. All the players noted miscommunication issues so some of this has to fall in JG's lap. Now if the coaches did not relay the right play then part of it falls on them, but Pruitt's reaction after the play clearly told us that the play was not executed properly.
Everyone was on the same page but JG. Hell the play was blocked perfectly by the TE and Smith pulling.

After spending a good deal of time analyzing "the play" and seeing various videos this conclusion is thus drawn and it's perfect and revolves around the fact that Jeremy Pruitt the head coach at the university of tennessee will not allow any team member to call a time-out under any circumstance regardless of the situation. First and foremost has a time-out been called by a player that any poster on VN is aware of? I think not and to be more specific Pruitt will not tolerate such. UT was successful in pulling a QB sneak on 1st attempt vs. Ga.St. 2nd attempt not one but 2 ILB's filled the middle gaps. JG, the QB had no choice but to see what was in front of his own eyes yet he ran the called play choosing not to audible out but run said called play. Why didn't a time-out enter his mind? Flash to this Sat. nite vs. Bama and it's 4th down once again. What happened? Ole Nick or Bama's DC must watch game film because as video demonstrates the ILB, (May), filled that gap just like Ga. St. did. A QB has to see this and if many say that called played had Crouch hitting a hole then JG knew immediately that LBer wasn't gonna be blocked and no way possible was that hand-off to Crouch ever gonna occur. There's not but one solution and that's call a time-out. Why hasn't JG done this? Why hasn't anyone done this that plays for UT? You now know the truth. We don't have a football coach. He himself should have known the play was gonna get blown-up and called the time-out himself. Now after reading those 12 pages of posts something still didn't make any sense but when you factor in the fact that Pruitt will not allow a player to take it upon himself to call a time-out at a critical juncture especially a QB serious problems can arise. Is it gonna take a 3rd time? Will Bailey really play here? No wonder our QB's have little confidence. Can't be trusted to call a time-out in a critical situation is f*#king belittling. I'll go 1st JG I'm sorry you had to end up playing for Hitler. I think your a good QB and has tried and you knew the situation Sat. nite. You did try to the best of your ability under the circumstance.
PS Pruitt isn't covering JG's butt...he's covering his own. See if any media boys confront the coach over time-outs
source.gif

Reactions: tbh and Alto1
Put yourself in his shoes and see that LB. You have no choice but to go right, the 10 gap. 1 being the designation of qb. He's not athletic but in that case he had no choice but to improvise. I PLAYED THE DAMN POSITION so I KNOW WHERE FAULT LIES.

And how many times did you "overrule what your staff "called in"? Not many or you would not have played on the field much (as is the future for JG).

JG has proven that he doesn’t have the IQ to be the leader of a big time program. He would do great at a school with less expectations and lesser competition. I’ve supported him for 2.5 years now and it’s clear there’s something amiss. He’s got talent. I remember watching his highlights and thinking this dude was going to great here. But when the team plays harder for a freshman instead of the upperclassman then there’s an issue. Our offense is night and day with Maurer. If Maurer was in there he would’ve ran the play that was called and we probably score a touchdown. Trey Smith obliterated his guy into the end zone and that’s where the play was going. We score there and it’s a one possession game with a lot of game left to play. This game is on JG.
Sorry nope i'm not sorry for what I said about JG

No you don't and that post was abject stupidity. The LB was crashing so JG ran straight into him and extended the ball with absolutely no hope of making the line... and somehow you've twisted that into Pruitt's fault?

The picture and video is around here. Someone here may find and post it in response to your post. Simply put. They had a play on that had created a good crease off left tackle. JG instead decided to do his own thing.

The only "fault" on Pruitt is that he had not already demoted JG to third string.

VN Store

Back