Vitello suspended.

Let's hope Tony has come clean with EVERYTHING he did or didn't do and there are no skeletons in his closet the the ncaa can pound him with later over this Ahuna thing. I fear their investigation of Tony will likely last years, because they would love to give other baseball programs anti-UT ammo for recruiting. I sincerely believe they keep stringing out these investigations just to keep people and programs they don't like dangling in the wind.

Let's hope Tony has come clean with EVERYTHING he did or didn't do and there are no skeletons in his closet the the ncaa can pound him with later over this Ahuna thing. I fear their investigation of Tony will likely last years, because they would love to give other baseball programs anti-UT ammo for recruiting. I sincerely believe they keep stringing out these investigations just to keep people and programs they don't like dangling in the wind.
I got a Japanese cucumber 🥒 dangling they can swallow…

I could see that. Probably should’ve waited for confirmation, but it’s a minor issue in the end. My only hope was that we got Maui & Tony back before SEC play and it didn’t turn into a Bruce Pearl situation. But Kendall Rogers has had the right mindset here, there’s a lot of coaches in the SEC that want to see Tony get taken down and he can’t get caught slippin like this in the future. He has taken that Italian heritage to heart….he’s full blown Tony Soprano

What exactly did Kendall say? Was this in their weekly chat thing?

I am a bunch of pages behind and my internet at home is running pretty slowly tonight, so could somebody give me the bullet points of what happened?

I think until Ahuna gets some game reps, perhaps something like this.

Dickey. LF. L
Moore 2B. R
Burke 1B. L
Denton 3B. S
Merritt RF. L
Stark C. R
Ahuna SS. L
Ensley DH. R
Scott CF. L
I’m a believer in getting him reps where he’s expected to be permanently to get used to the sequence of pitches he will see in SEC play. Hitting in the 2 spot is much different than the 7-hole. You see a completely different cast of pitches IMO. But I also understand the need to piece it all together, tweak it, evaluate, etc.

Last edited:
I think until Ahuna gets some game reps, perhaps something like this.

Dickey. LF. L
Moore 2B. R
Burke 1B. L
Denton 3B. S
Merritt RF. L
Stark C. R
Ahuna SS. L
Ensley DH. R
Scott CF. L

Ahuna ain’t batting 7th even in de facto spring training games. He’ll be in the 2-hole tomorrow I bet.

There was a jail break and DVH and Corbin were distracted and Vitello and Maui made a run for it. NCAA decided not to chase them at this time. Penance done.
Cliff notes version.
…but there was this guy willing to meet them at the Waffle House to kick some ass and take names… 😘

Reactions: MAD
Here’s one lineup that I could see once Ahuna knocks the rust off.

Ahuna. SS. L
Moore. 2B. R
Dickey. LF. L
Denton 3B. S
Burke 1B. L
Stark C. R
Griffin RF. L
Ensley DH. R
Scott/Booker CF. L

edit: Griffin Merritt bats R.

Here’s one for consideration. Perhaps, my favorite but obviously just for fun as CTV and staff know best. 🍊👍👍👊🍊
Ahuna. SS. L
Moore. 2B. R
Dickey. LF. L
Burke. 1B. L
Denton 3B. S
Merritt. RF R
Tears. DH. L
Taylor/Stark C R
Scott/Booker CF. L

Last edited:
Here’s one lineup that I could see once Ahuna knocks the rust off.

Ahuna. SS. L
Moore. 2B. R
Dickey. LF. L
Denton 3B. S
Burke 1B. L
Stark C. R
Griffin RF. L
Ensley DH. R
Scott/Booker CF. L

If anything, in this lineup, Dickey would drop to 5th. I don’t see a world where Burke is anything other than 3rd or 4th.

If anything, in this lineup, Dickey would drop to 5th. I don’t see a world where Burke is anything other than 3rd or 4th.

Agree about Burke, but I want Dickey toward the top of the line-up too. At least against RHP, I’d say Ahuna, Moore, Dickey and Burke in some order as 1-4. Then maybe go Merritt at 5, Denton at 6 and then fill in the bottom of the order.

VN Store

Back