Vitello suspended.

A nothingburger. Glad Danny White showed a backbone and fought back.

If this were back in the days of Hammy, we would have fired Vitello, demolished the baseball field, cancelled the program, and given up two additional schollies from BBall and Football.

Oh, and Auburn would have already hired TonyV with, amazingly, no show cause or negative media backlash.

Times have changed. Glad we have competent leadership.

Has the NCAA even defined and codified a tampering violation at this time. I honestly do not know.
Assume Corbin or Van Horn complained to NCAA and asserted that CTV contacted Ahuna before he was OFFICIALLY in the portal. Very minor infraction (if true) since Kansas HC retired and Ahuna declared his desire to transfer. Much ado about a very minor infraction IMHO.

Assume Corbin or Van Horn complained to NCAA and asserted that CTV contacted Ahuna before he was OFFICIALLY in the portal. Very minor infraction (if true) since Kansas HC retired and Ahuna declared his desire to transfer. Much ado about a very minor infraction IMHO.
Corbin & Van Horn both give a bad name to "douche bags"

I think VT jumped the gun on the trip by about 8-10 hours. He anticipated the decision to be made earlier and wanted to get him in Knoxville ASAP rather than having to wait another day. He gambled and lost.
Yeah I believe he might have been a day early, which could’ve just been a result of the Kansas admin getting Ahuna into the portal officially.

White Danny still has 18 level I violations sitting in front of the committee on infractions courtesy of Cornbread and Fulmer, the university has admitted 17 of the 18, but disputed lack of institutional control, if there is documented and verified tampering prior to the player entering the portal, wouldn't want White Danny to help the NCAA prove a significant point in the football case by being greedy in the baseball case, already got over a million tied up in legal fees on the football side, got a bad feeling Monday may be a tipping point and Vittelo and Maui are headed to the MLB level while the stench of Cornbread and Fulmer continue to waft through the athletic department and their relationship with the NCAA.

NAILED IT!!

I said administrative. I'm holding to my story. They jumped the gun but it was actually administrative according to my sources, which are pretty good for just a player's dad. You have to remember I was in the Midwest as a HS coach and have coached travel in Ga, Tn, Mo, and SC. So I have a few college and pro connections. Some times you have to bite the bullet when you trust people.

I said administrative. I'm holding to my story. They jumped the gun but it was actually administrative according to my sources, which are pretty good for just a player's dad. You have to remember I was in the Midwest as a HS coach and have coached travel in Ga, Tn, Mo, and SC. So I have a few college and pro connections. Some times you have to bite the bullet when you trust people.
You could be right, but I was told last summer that Tony made a trip to St Louis on May 22nd, which is one day before Maui was announced in the portal by D1Baseball. There’s a scenario that’s just as likely that it’s nothing and Tony waited until after he was in the portal before meeting with him. I have no definitives other than I was told last year he went to STL before Maui was in the portal

You could be right, but I was told last summer that Tony made a trip to St Louis on May 22nd, which is one day before Maui was announced in the portal by D1Baseball. There’s a scenario that’s just as likely that it’s nothing and Tony waited until after he was in the portal before meeting with him. I have no definitives other than I was told last year he went to STL before Maui was in the portal
You realize St. Louis is not in Kansas, right?

Oh, and St. Louis is where Vitello is from.

Something tells me they accused more than just tampering with Ahuna. Bet they threw all sorts of chit against the wall to see if the NCAA might find something/anything that might take us down. Goes without saying that Arky and Candy dates get circled on the calendar.

Oh, and St. Louis is where Vitello is from.
I was told “recruiting trip”. Listen, I’m not the one accusing him of tampering, the NCAA & another SEC coach are. But if we’re being realistic about why Tennessee would self-impose a suspension against Tony, the dots are connectable. It really doesn’t matter because I can’t prove any of it and I’d much rather it get swept under the rug as far as the NCAA goes though

We are in the same chapter Zvols. I think it is just difference of term administration. Paperwork had been done and sent just not finished and filed. We jumped the gun. On your mark, get set, woops, go.
Let me clarify my info is not coming from players. They have been hush hush either by not telling or not knowing. This is from mostly outside the Vols program in any form. Amazing what other coaches and administration know about each other.

We are in the same chapter Zvols. I think it is just difference of term administration. Paperwork had been done and sent just not finished and filed. We jumped the gun. On your mark, get set, woops, go.
Let me clarify my info is not coming from players. They have been hush hush either by not telling or not knowing. This is from mostly outside the Vols program in any form. Amazing what other coaches and administration know about each other.
I could see that. Probably should’ve waited for confirmation, but it’s a minor issue in the end. My only hope was that we got Maui & Tony back before SEC play and it didn’t turn into a Bruce Pearl situation. But Kendall Rogers has had the right mindset here, there’s a lot of coaches in the SEC that want to see Tony get taken down and he can’t get caught slippin like this in the future. He has taken that Italian heritage to heart….he’s full blown Tony Soprano

VN Store

Back