Vitello Getting Paid

it was late
I’m tired
And all us white guys like alike anyway
I liked Hart
Currie wasn’t here long enough for me to remember except for the coaching debacle
the Lady Vol moniker and logo needed to go, even in basketball eventually

It might not be popular on here, but I agree with you on the Lady Vol moniker (and I’m in my 50s BTW). It is ridiculously outdated. Time for our women to rep the Power T IMHumbleO.

Reactions: fryeguy93
Not picking on you, but this brings up a good discussion.

It is interesting that fans show little accountability when it comes to the negative things that happen, but when the administration makes a good decision, it is because of the voice of the fans that is apparently on mute to recruits and current players and has zero impact on their decision making even though they and coaches have directly pointed to our fan misbehavior in the past.

Sure, Danny White probably knows what the fans want, but I don’t think the fans deserve the credit here. Danny White, the guy who actually has experience as an AD and college athletics and that is close to the situation is the guy that deserves the credit if we do retain Vitello.

Why in the world do fans deserve accountability?

Terrific pullout section in today's News Sentinel on the baseball regional and the story about the Vitello contract situation and proposed upgrades to Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

Reactions: Volstylexx
it was late
I’m tired
I liked Hart
Currie wasn’t here long enough for me to remember except for the coaching debacle
I completely disagree..... the Lady Vol logo needed to stay..... it was ridiculous to remove it.

it was late
I’m tired
I liked Hart
I completely disagree..... the Lady Vol logo needed to stay..... it was ridiculous to remove it.

Reactions: StrangeVol
why didn’t you keep your post up? Next time keep your mouth shut until the game is over........
haha, me and everyone else were thinking the same thing going into the ninth but I'm sure you'll say you knew the grand slam was coming. Glad they got the win! Shut it for me, mister keyboard warrior. 😉

You have to be quite skeptical until it's announced that TV has signed the contract extension. LSU and TA&M are real strong threats. LSU is probably the most attractive coaching position in the country and A&M will have more money than anyone to attract a coach. If White can keep TV, it will be a great accomplishment.
The sky high expectations of LSU could lend itself to making it a less attractive job than perceived. Somebody with extreme confidence (or ego) and a competitor may revel in that and it not bother them. I’m not saying as a coach you should shy away from that and take the easy road out, but they gracefully showed a coach the door who has the 3rd highest winning % in SEC baseball history and he did it over 15 years! The days of Skip Bertman runs are over; it’s damn near impossible to find a program who will make it to Omaha 11x in 17 years these days. That’s the glory days they’re longing for and it’s not that way anymore. The parity is at an all time high IMO and the format of 64 teams vs 36-48 only compounds that. When they made those runs it was regionals and straight to Omaha. Manieri made 5 CWS appearances in 15 years and they’re glad to see him go. The arrogance and expectations are mind-boggling.

The sky high expectations of LSU could lend itself to making it a less attractive job than perceived. Somebody with extreme confidence (or ego) and a competitor may revel in that and it not bother them. I’m not saying as a coach you should shy away from that and take the easy road out, but they gracefully showed a coach the door who has the 3rd highest winning % in SEC baseball history and he did it over 15 years! The days of Skip Bertman runs are over; it’s damn near impossible to find a program who will make it to Omaha 11x in 17 years these days. That’s the glory days they’re longing for and it’s not that way anymore. The parity is at an all time high IMO and the format of 64 teams vs 36-48 only compounds that. When they made those runs it was regionals and straight to Omaha. Manieri made 5 CWS appearances in 15 years and they’re glad to see him go. The arrogance and expectations are mind-boggling.

So is the swagger of CVT.
(In a good way)

VN Store

Back