Violations?

All level III (minor infractions). UT has already self imposed penalities, like Martinez being suspended a game and limited contact with a recruit after he was led onto the court at TBA and the crowd cheered for him and his family. NCAA will more than likely accept the self imposed penalties like they have in the past. This is not an unusual occurrence for the bigger universities at all. I think a couple of cycles ago Alabama or Florida had 24.

Reactions: 1 person
We already knew about some of these. Martinez suspension for a game. NCAA has already approved UT's response and handling of this.

All level III (minor infractions). UT has already self imposed penalities, like Martinez being suspended a game and limited contact with a recruit after he was led onto the court at TBA and the crowd cheered for him and his family. NCAA will more than likely accept the self imposed penalties like they have in the past. This is not an unusual occurrence for the bigger universities at all. I think a couple of cycles ago Alabama or Florida had 24.

Exactly. I do not even understand how this makes the news. It happens with all teams and it means nothing.

How typical......if the NCAA investigates our rivals then our rivals cheated. If they investigate us then they are suddenly a worthless organization. Lol

Fans do usually feel better about their school BUT
We are not being investigated.

Nothing to see here. Most places have a lot more. Bama routinely has what you said and Ohio State has averaged over 30 per year for at least a decade. I think Oklahoma is the national leader as I recall.

I'm home for lunch watching ESPN and the Ticker just showed this. I didn't see a thread on this topic so I decided to post this. I went back on my DVR and double checked. It is definitely Tenn & NCAA violation :(

You misread the ticker.
UT has VolNations, not Violations!

Of course it would have Butch Jones on the front page. We have committed minor violations which we've already paid the price for. Not to mention dozen of SEC schools has committed violations. It's just something for the media to keep talking about. I doubt Butch will let these violations distract his team going into 2016. We're already on the verge of having momentum to make a championship run. They're not going to let silly stuff like this take it away.

https://www.seccountry.com/sec-news...-18-minor-ncaa-violations-in-eight-month-span

Hate to look at this way but Finebaum didn't lead off with it. It it were real serious it would have been his top story. So I think we're ok. :)

Recruiting literature arrives one day early, penalty is delay delivery for 60 days next time around? Wow. NCAA. Numbnuts Can Achieve Anything? No Common-sense About Anything? Nitwit Coalition of Autocratic A$$holes?

A legion of buffoons.

How typical......if the NCAA investigates our rivals then our rivals cheated. If they investigate us then they are suddenly a worthless organization. Lol

Tennessee is not under NCAA investigation unlike Ole Miss who has received a notice of allegations. The NCAA has already accepted Tennessee's self imposed penalties for these minor infractions. I know it's cool to play devil's advocate around here but certainly you (and Boca Vol) can see the difference at least between these two respective circumstances.

This article provides some detail.

https://t.co/liFOZKDvED

Good grief! I didn't know there was such strict & crazy NCAA rules. This one made me laugh:
The Vols self-reported two violations involving publicity for recruits. One recruit attended a men's basketball game as part of a visit. He and his family walked into the arena behind coach Butch Jones. Jones, who was ahead of the group, waved and recognized the crowd, which cheered when he entered. In reporting the incident as a violation, UT acknowledged that "this cheering inadvertently may have drawn attention to the PSA (prospective student athlete.)"
:ermm:

This one also seems a little ridiculous to me:

The women's basketball team self-reported three violations. One was for several players briefly "gaining access to a suite" at a softball game. They stepped into a suite to exchange greetings with the mother and sister of a player with whom they had prior relationships. That was considered an impermissible benefit, and the athletes had to pay the $15 difference between their general admission tickets and suite tickets to the charity of their choice.
:eek:hmy:

VN Store

Back