Vince Dooley has died.

I tried to Google Vince Dooley's career record against Tennessee and could not find that information.

Would anybody know that off the top of their head?

Thanks for any information.

Vince Dooley was a very kind man to a teenage boy growing up in East Tennessee. I remember my first time meeting him at football camp in 1985. I still vividly recall his motivational speeches. He made me feel like a 5 Star recruit when I was just a kid with a dream. Coach Dooley was a special person. His southern accent and cadence kept you on the edge of your seat. He was a great speaker and story teller. Thanks for being a wonderful mentor and hero while I was growing up. My prayers go out to the family. Rest In Peace my dear friend. I may have the only thing autographed that says ā€œGo Dawgs / Go Vols Vince Dooley ā€œ. After he signed the book he said, ā€œBarbara is going to be proud of me for that one, but I did put the Dawgs first!ā€

RIP Coach Dooley.

My prayers for the family.
txbo, instances like this is why I love the SEC!
We may be enemies on the fields or courts but we are family off.
Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn...these are rivalries that southern football is built upon and I will always remember the legends that laid the foundations and Vince was one of them.
I think schools like South Carolina and Arkansas are finally starting to buy in to the SEC family thing and I can only hope that one day, Mizzou, A&M and eventually Texas and Oklahoma will as well.
Our Bulldog family lost a good one and I hope Vol nation will be as respectful as the rest of the conference was when we lost legends in Pat and Johnny!

Reactions: txbo
Lost my dad in September. He was a legendary coach in the Nashville area so a lot of his former athletes came. It feels good to know he touched a lot of lives but it hurts that he is gone and it comes to front of mind when itā€™s brought up.
My friend and I joke that dad went to heaven and put in a word with the Big Guy and now we are having our historic season. Prayers to give Dooley family.

Reactions: GAVol
txbo, instances like this is why I love the SEC!
We may be enemies on the fields or courts but we are family off.
Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn...these are rivalries that southern football is built upon and I will always remember the legends that laid the foundations and Vince was one of them.
I think schools like South Carolina and Arkansas are finally starting to buy in to the SEC family thing and I can only hope that one day, Mizzou, A&M and eventually Texas and Oklahoma will as well.
Our Bulldog family lost a good one and I hope Vol nation will be as respectful as the rest of the conference was when we lost legends in Pat and Johnny!

Cobb, to me it has nothing to do with SEC love. I just respect acheivement.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Makes me sad to lose another SEC legend from such a vital era in college/SEC football history. The thing about getting older is seeing the heroes/giants of your youth fade away. I'd say Coach Dooley is the last of that era, but Doug Dickey could be included I suppose. Big loss. Glad he was able to be at their title game last year.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back