Vince Dooley has died.

Sired Derek.
Tennessee wanted to hire Vince Dooley first and when Georgia hired him they hired Doug Dickey(Dooley was Auburn freshman coach and Doug Dickey was a position coach at Arkansas). I wonder how history would have been changed if Vince Dooley had become Tennessee head football coach in 1964?

Trust me, it sucks.

I miss mine every day and he's been gone 10 years.

Every. Day. Lost mine 18 years ago while out on furlough. I tell everyone that goes through it that it’s okay if all you can do on some days is put one foot in front of the other and just get through that day. Gets a little easier with time though. One of the hardest parts is being around some of his guys that worked with and for him and playing golf with them from time to time. Most are gone as well, but they kind of incorporated me into the group after he passed, which I appreciate.

Coach Dooley, Thank you. You helped to build what the SEC is today. You are a true legend.

You don't get over a son losing his dad.My pop has been gone for just over 30 years.Time may ease the pain some,but, not the loss of talking to your dad.Only once more,I always wish.Just once more.
I watched my Dad take his last breath. He was doing agonal breaths (pretty much gasping for breath at that point). The nurse and I were just watching and waiting. At the end, he took 3 normal breaths, opened his eyes and looked directly at me, and breathed his last. I considered it a blessing. His eyes were closed the previous 3 days. To this day Dad and Mom still visit me in my dreams to let me know all is well and to keep an eye on my siblings.

Mackdaddyvol,My dad visited me just once ,in a dream,since he passed,it was at a bar in an old antebellum house,he sat beside me,put his hand on top of mine,and said it was going to all be ok.Such peace I felt,knowing he was there and that friends, as all of you are in volnation,are always here with support and love for others.You do not know how soothing that is.

VN Store

Back