VFL's in MLB and MiLB

Well, I know he's not been released from GCL Yankees. MLB teams & their minor affiliates keep these players status/stats up to date. Since it says "active" for him means he's on the roster & apparently not injured unless he has an injury that's day-to-day.

However, the season is what over 2 months old now. He wouldn't have went that long without pitching a single game with a day-to-day injury. I don't know what's going on.

I heard CDS mention on the radio a couple of weeks ago that Marks had retired from pro ball very recently.

I heard CDS mention on the radio a couple of weeks ago that Marks had retired from pro ball very recently.

Really? Did he give the reason why? Was it injury related or just dis-interest now or another hobby or job?

Really? Did he give the reason why? Was it injury related or just dis-interest now or another hobby or job?

No reason was given. Not sure if an injury was involved or not. Being in extended spring training at his age can prompt some soul searching.

Reactions: 1 person
RA Dickey picked up the win tonight vs the Red Sox.
6.2 IP
2 H
1 R
0 ER
5 BB
4 SO

Good outing.

RA Dickey picked up the win tonight vs the Red Sox.
6.2 IP
2 H
1 R
0 ER
5 BB
4 SO

Good outing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dickey pitch past 42 years of age. His knuckleball has really saved his arm. He could legitimately pitch til he's 45 for real.

Bret Marks ‏@SweatMarks29 Jun 1
Bret Marks Retweeted Rob Friedman
I had a bigger issue with this in pro baseballBret Marks added,

Rob Friedman @PitchingNinja
Pitching, Mental Game, Competitiveness. Joe Maddon [Also, comparing little league & travel/showcase ball mindset]
2 retweets 4 likes

https://twitter.com/SweatMarks29

Zack Godley called up!

Gets the mound tonight vs Marlins.

Go get 'em Zack!

Last edited:
I forgot to watch but I see where Godley pitched six innings, allowing just two runs.

Godley got the win, beating Josè Fernandez and the Marlins. He went 6ip 4H 2R 3BB 3K

Drake Owenby is playing pretty good so far. In 12 games he is 3-1 and has a 2.61 ERA. Also his brother Hagen got drafted last night in the 14th rd by the Pirates

Christin Stewart named all-star MVP, (scored only run). Will Maddox finished first half of season with highest batting average in Midwest League (.348) and will start in tomorrow nights all star game (he also hit his 1st homerun in yesterday's game). Looks like solid starts for Senzel (2-5, 2 rbi) and Cox ( 0 ERA, 2ks and 1 BB). Vincent Jackson 0-8 in first 2 games, but he will get it going. Andrew Lee still a starting pitcher 51 innings, 3.71 ERA, Drake Oweny has been both startera and reliever, 39 innings, 2.68 ERA. Zac Godley still with the big league club, after win as starting pitcher has come out of bullpen last 2 appearances, doing great, hope he sticks in big leagues, he has earned it.

Christin Stewart named all-star MVP, (scored only run). Will Maddox finished first half of season with highest batting average in Midwest League (.348) and will start in tomorrow nights all star game (he also hit his 1st homerun in yesterday's game). Looks like solid starts for Senzel (2-5, 2 rbi) and Cox ( 0 ERA, 2ks and 1 BB). Vincent Jackson 0-8 in first 2 games, but he will get it going. Andrew Lee still a starting pitcher 51 innings, 3.71 ERA, Drake Oweny has been both startera and reliever, 39 innings, 2.68 ERA. Zac Godley still with the big league club, after win as starting pitcher has come out of bullpen last 2 appearances, doing great, hope he sticks in big leagues, he has earned it.

Thanks for the update!

Drew Steckinrider is pitching well in Double A for Marlins (Jacksonville suns). He had 1 rough game a few games ago, but overall has done very well. He is pitching in relief. Zach Osbore, one of my favorite players, is in AA for Rockies (Hartford) and continuing to be a solid player. As I have said before, he signed as an undrafted free agent and I am proud of his progress. I am sure most of you know this...you can watch many minor league games on milb.tv.com. I think pretty much all of the AAA and AA games have video. There will be some opportunities to watch games in the short season new york penn league (Senzel, Cox, Jackson), mainly when they play Staten Island and Brooklyn. Many of the games in the Midwest League have video (Maddox-all home games, Owenby- most games) Lakeland (Simcox, Stewart have zero coverage, either audio or video of home games). It is pretty cheap and most have decent coverage. I have not checked on Andrew Lee's Hagerstown team.

Ejections: Billings Mustangs third baseman Nick Senzel ejected by HP umpire Jake Botek (5th)

Vincent Jackson got his first professional hit last night. In fact broke up a no hitter with a single in the 7th, the only hit for his team. Maddox starts in the all star game for the midwest league tonight.

Andrew Marchand
ESPN Senior Writer

Third baseman Chase Headley was one of the worst players in baseball to begin the season, but he has now been pretty good for awhile. Headley hit the Yankees' first grand slam of the year in the second inning to give the Yankees a 4-0 lead over the Rockies. Headley entered the game batting .305 with an .824 OPS over the previous 38 games.

Headley's grand slam | MLB.com

Last edited:
Just an update on former Vols baseball players:

Houston Astros- Matt Duffy(former Vol 3B, backup 3B for Astros, sent down to AAA level Fresno on 4-12-2016)
Cleveland Indians- Yan Gomes(former Vol C, starting C for Indians)
New York Yankees- Chase Headley(former Vol 3B, starting 3B for Yanks)
Philadelphia Phillies- J.P. Arencibia(former Vol C, currently at AAA level Durham Bulls for Tampa Rays, former starting C for Toronto Blu Jays)
Toronto Blue Jays- R.A. Dickey(former Vol pitcher, starting pitcher for Toronto)
Kansas City Royals- Luke Hochevar(former Vol pitcher, pitches out of the bullpen for Royals)
Kentrail Davis- (former Vol OF, now a FA, last played for Arkansas Travelers at the AA level)
Nick Hernandez- former Vol pitcher, last year pitched for Winnipeg, AA level for the Phillies)
Duente Heath- (former Vol pitcher, Now a FA, last pitched for the MLB White Sox in 2013)
Blake Forsythe- (former Vol C, Now a FA, played last year for the Lehigh Valley AAA of the Phillies)
Charlie Thurber- (former Vol OF, now a FA, last played for New Britian in AA level of the Rockies in 2015)
Drew Steckenrider- (former Vol pitcher, currently plays for Jacksonville class AA of the Marlins)
Khayyan Norfork- (former Vol 2B, currently plays 3B for Potomac class A advanced of the Nationals)
Matt Ramsey- (former Vol pitcher, currently plays for Jacksonville class AA of the Marlins)
Zach Osborne- (former Vol SS, currently plays SS for Hartford class AA of the Rockies)
Cody Hawn- (former Vol 3B, last played DH for Brevard County class A advanced of the Brewers in 2014)
Julio Borbon- (former Vol OF, currently plays CF for Bowie class AA for the Baltimore O's, former MLB player for Rangers)
Will Maddox- (former Vol 3B, currently plays 1B for West Michigan class A Detroit Tigers)
Scott Price- (former Vol 1B, now a FA, last played for Salem-Keizer class A San Francisco Giants)
Taylor Smart- (former Vol Infielder, last played for Wichita class AA of the Royals in 2015)
Zack Godley- (former Vol pitcher, currently plays for the Arizona DBacks MLB team, send back down to AAA Reno on 6-25-16)
Nick Williams- (former Vols pitcher, currently plays for Jupiter class A advanced of the Miami Marlins)
Josh Lindblom- (former Vol pitcher, currently plays in Korea for the Lotte Giants, played in MLB for the Dodgers,Phillies,Rangers, & A's from 2011-14)

2015 draft picks:

Christian Stewart- (former Vol OF, currently plays at A level Lakeland of the Detroit Tigers)
Andrew Lee- (former Vol pitcher, currently plays for Hagerstown class A of the Nationals)
Drake Owenby- (former Vol pitcher, currently plays for the Wisconsin Timber class A of the Brewers)
A.J. Simcox- (former Vol SS/2B, currently plays SS for Lakeland class A advanced of the Tigers)
Bret Marks- (former Vol pitcher, currently plays for GCL Yanks class A rookie league of the Yankees)

2016 Draft Picks:

Nick Senzel- former Vol 3B, drafted in the 1st round(#2 overall by the Cincinnati Reds in the 2016 draft), currently plays for Billings Mustangs A ball with former Vol teammate Andy Cox

Andy Cox- former Vol pitcher, drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in the 7th round of the 2016 draft, currently plays for Billings Mustangs A ball team of the Reds & teammates with former Vol Nick Senzel

Vincent Jackson- former Vol OF, drafted in the 14th Round of the 2016 draft by the St. Louis Cards, currently plays for State College Spikes short A ball of the St. Louis Cards

Last edited:

VN Store

Back