Vescovi clip

Well Maravich is overrated anyways

Wouldn't say Maravich was over rated. I saw him play at Stokley during his senior year, put on quite a show. He scored all his points in 3 years with no 3 point shot. Of course he played 50 years ago, before the SEC had integrated. The game has changed, lots of talented players today. In today's game. he would still be a pretty good player.

I was finally able to watch the video (the link in this thread doesn’t work for me for some reason) and wow! The kid has some serious handles! The other thing I noticed was his ability to finish at the rim, which to me is reminiscent of Chris Lofton. C-Lo’s wizardry at the basket was often overshadowed by his three point shooting, but he was one of the best finishers I’ve ever seen. When Loften went to the basket on a fast break, I always assumed at least 2 points.

Vescovi looks to have mastered the same crazy teardrop bank shots that Loften used to do. Similar body control too.
I actually had the recollection that it took Lofton a few years to learn to take it to the hole, as his game was just that jumper. I know they worked hard later in his college career on trying to get him to fake and drive more, to help draw fouls.

I actually had the recollection that it took Lofton a few years to learn to take it to the hole, as his game was just that jumper. I know they worked hard later in his college career on trying to get him to fake and drive more, to help draw fouls.
Lofton as a JR and SR was a very good finisher. He knew his athletic limitations and was a smart player, so he won around the basket with intelligence.

Lofton as a JR and SR was a very good finisher. He knew his athletic limitations and was a smart player, so he won around the basket with intelligence.
I distinctly remember Lofton with some smart finishes around the rim as a JR, just like you said.

I remember against Ohio State his junior (in Columbus) where he kept driving and finishing over Oden and I think Verne and Raferty were calling the game and they were amazed the entire time.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I distinctly remember Lofton with some smart finishes around the rim as a JR, just like you said.
I remember against Ohio State his junior (in Columbus) where he kept driving and finishing over Oden and I think Verne and Raferty were calling the game and they were amazed the entire time.
I remember a specific Memphis game in which he made the Tigers look silly. A lot of those highlights, among many others of him finishing around the rim and in the paint are in this clip.

I remember a specific Memphis game in which he made the Tigers look silly. A lot of those highlights, among many others of him finishing around the rim and in the paint are in this clip.

Chris loften was one of a kind, him and Grant are high up there for me on having the most impact on our basketball team and some of the most beloved players

Watching the video is like a grown man playing against junior high kids. He’s definitely got game. The competition looks better than your typical high school though. Is he currently playing professional basketball now in the NBA G league?

Lot of scenarios playing out for next season.

Suppose Yves, JJJ, stay another year.

We will have 3 pg's next year, all very capable.

Do we keep JJJ at pg or let Vescovi and Bailey handle that?

If JJJ stays at 2 or 3, how does that affect Springer and Walker?

How do you guys see next season shaping up?
Vescovi would be the most obvious choice to play pg.

Reactions: DougAtkins91
This guy will allow Bowden and Turner to go crazy on the perimeter and free up the lane for easy buckets for Pons and maybe JJJ if Barnes wanna play small.

Vescovi's game is very smooth. Looks to be able to break a few ankles and is a high level scorer at times. Still concerned that we haven't pulled in any true posts this cycle, but Fulkerson and Pons have been doing a very nice job.

Vescovi's game is very smooth. Looks to be able to break a few ankles and is a high level scorer at times. Still concerned that we haven't pulled in any true posts this cycle, but Fulkerson and Pons have been doing a very nice job.
Not sure yet about his quickness, but the rest of his game looks good.

I think if JJJ is a one and doner, we are going to have a special season. Not worried about next year, the talent will be here.
I am big fan of JJJ but I think it is very unlikely he is 1-n-done. He is sensible and has really good head on his shoulders. Good support system at home. He knows it will cost him quite a bit of money to come out early plus he respects Barnes' ability to develop him.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I am big fan of JJJ but I think it is very unlikely he is 1-n-done. He is sensible and has really good head on his shoulders. Good support system at home. He knows it will cost him quite a bit of money to come out early plus he respects Barnes' ability to develop him.
I think this is spot on. The way that kid is built he can only make more money the better and more experienced he gets.

VN Store

Back