Vescovi clip

Can someone who watches lots of highlight video opine on this?

From what I see in that clip, his game is built around creating space within which to operate. But will he have enough quickness against NCAA competition to create the space needed to make those shots and passes?

Reactions: cardvolfan
Is this guy going to contribute this season or next? I was listening to Basilio and he said he could come on as early as January?

Reactions: RollerVol
Is this guy going to contribute this season or next? I was listening to Basilio and he said he could come on as early as January?

When you listen to Barnes talk about the point position, it evidently takes some time to "understand what we're trying to do" with our offense.

I'm sure they'd like to have him here and in practice and learning all he can... but unless he's been running a very similar offense, I think his major contribution this season would be in practice, almost like a scout team role, providing a different style to defend against.

Can someone who watches lots of highlight video opine on this?

From what I see in that clip, his game is built around creating space within which to operate. But will he have enough quickness against NCAA competition to create the space needed to make those shots and passes?
The quickness question was the one I had as well when watching the tape. I'm completely clueless in evaluation, so someone with better knowledge than me might be able to comment.

I'm torn as to whether he can contribute this year. It seems to me that his role as the QB of the offense and ball distributor will take take time and I don't know if he'll have that time this year. I trust RB will make the right decision here

Love that we can have some true ball handling skills to take pressure off of Lamonte, and also that he’s a lefty. Should provide some great depth at the PG position.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
I'm torn as to whether he can contribute this year. It seems to me that his role as the QB of the offense and ball distributor will take take time and I don't know if he'll have that time this year. I trust RB will make the right decision here
I don’t think he’ll be playing day 1. But certainly he can get up to speed throughout SEC play.

Lot of scenarios playing out for next season.

Suppose Yves, JJJ, stay another year.

We will have 3 pg's next year, all very capable.

Do we keep JJJ at pg or let Vescovi and Bailey handle that?

If JJJ stays at 2 or 3, how does that affect Springer and Walker?

How do you guys see next season shaping up?

Lot of scenarios playing out for next season.

Suppose Yves, JJJ, stay another year.

We will have 3 pg's next year, all very capable.

Do we keep JJJ at pg or let Vescovi and Bailey handle that?

If JJJ stays at 2 or 3, how does that affect Springer and Walker?

How do you guys see next season shaping up?
I think if JJJ is a one and doner, we are going to have a special season. Not worried about next year, the talent will be here.

I keep hearing this kid mentioned in the same breath as Pistol Pete Maravich. It needs to stop,especially if you were not around to see pIstol play.I watched him in person put up 63 on Vandy who had a pretty decent team.Pete was a phenom.Pete could do things with a BB that no one could do.IMO he is the best individual player ever. The kid we just got Vescovi looks very good,and I'm glad we got him,but he doesn't compare to Pete Maravich.

VN Store

Back