Very Concerned

kxtop

Watching our recent games, watching other elite teams on television, there is reason for great concern about the performance of our very talented players. We appear disjointed, as if we have not even prepared, as if we are again regressing. There is no flow to our offense, a poor defensive design...just watch Baylor, UConn or the other top teams, friends we are not among those teams, we are living on Pat Summitt’s legacy.,,time is up! This is Lady VOLS Basketball...we have lost the elite team performance, that is all about coaching!!

Didn’t get enough attention from the concerned thread huh?

Reactions: volfanIND
Would a 12-2 Men's basketball coach be on the hot seat?

What if the Vols are 12-2 at one point this year? Would we be very concerned about them? Would people give CRB down the road? Have the men ever made the final four?

Would a 12-2 Men's basketball coach be on the hot seat?

What if the Vols are 12-2 at one point this year? Would we be very concerned about them? Would people give CRB down the road? Have the men ever made the final four?

I'll assume this is some kind of joke/sarcasm because there is no way in hell anyone could actually be so damn ignorant to think that Holly Warlick should be anywhere near the Lady Vols bball team

I'll assume this is some kind of joke/sarcasm because there is no way in hell anyone could actually be so damn ignorant to think that Holly Warlick should be anywhere near the Lady Vols bball team

Not a joke. I don't keep up with the Lady Vols. Record is 12-2. Curious as to why that deserves hate.

It's concerning because we've seen how this story ends. Run up win total early due to talent disparity. Once SEC teams see enough on tape, the gameplanning starts and we finish in the middle tier (4th-7th in SEC) and lose games we shouldn't. Due to our name, we get a top 3 seed and bow out in Round of 32 or Sweet 16...

Phil Fulmer would not fire Holly Warlick if she lost every single game left on the schedule.................she is the ,"in crowd" ,just like he is , and neither are going anywhere. Just my opinion from watching Tenn sprots since the mid 50's !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it is that much to be concerned about. We won the game everywhere except the scoreboard. We won the turnover battle, the rebound battle and had 14 more shots at goal than they did. I guess you could be concerned about our inability to make free throws or easy shots around the basket. I guess you could be concerned about us getting absolutely nothing yesterday from our senior perimeter player. Game is still about scoring although we controlled the game they made the shots. 35 percent want win against anybody that includes Belmont, UAB, etc.
I never thought we would shoot that type of percentage again and well guess it will happen. Just chalk that one up to inability to put the ball in the basket when we had the shots. Their defense didn't stop us we couldn't make anything no one was very good. If this team needs to practice anything it is making layups and short jumpers. 40 percent shooting not much to ask wins this game so why can't this team make the easy shots. Maybe it is time for the coaches to work with them on what they need to do or where we go from here. The point being anytime we shoot 35 percent expect to lose and you should.

I don't think it is that much to be concerned about. We won the game everywhere except the scoreboard. We won the turnover battle, the rebound battle and had 14 more shots at goal than they did. I guess you could be concerned about our inability to make free throws or easy shots around the basket. I guess you could be concerned about us getting absolutely nothing yesterday from our senior perimeter player. Game is still about scoring although we controlled the game they made the shots. 35 percent want win against anybody that includes Belmont, UAB, etc.
I never thought we would shoot that type of percentage again and well guess it will happen. Just chalk that one up to inability to put the ball in the basket when we had the shots. Their defense didn't stop us we couldn't make anything no one was very good. If this team needs to practice anything it is making layups and short jumpers. 40 percent shooting not much to ask wins this game so why can't this team make the easy shots. Maybe it is time for the coaches to work with them on what they need to do or where we go from here. The point being anytime we shoot 35 percent expect to lose and you should.
11465928.gif
Right!

Reactions: T.J.
All is good!! Until those McD's AA's finally figure out that Holly can't coach worth a lick.

Can you IMAGINE what a CF Lady Vol Bball will be without the talent????!! A program dependent on great coaching???

Our players do NOT get better. They regress after their freshman year.

Watching our recent games, watching other elite teams on television, there is reason for great concern about the performance of our very talented players. We appear disjointed, as if we have not even prepared, as if we are again regressing. There is no flow to our offense, a . poor defensive design...just watch Baylor, UConn or the other top teams, friends we are not among those teams, we are living on Pat Summitt’s legacy.,,time is up! This is Lady VOLS Basketball...we have lost the elite team performance, that is all about coaching!!

Folks now is not the time to tie a chain and a 100 lb rock around your ankles and jump off the bridge. This team wasn’t going to go through the year unbeaten and win the National Championship. I wonder if Maryland fans are giving up after a much lesser talented Rutgers team beat them. Yes we have the talent, yes that talent is better than Missouri has at their disposal, no question. Just having top ten talent, which is the youngest in the SEC, on paper does not mean you will go all season and not suffer a lose that, on paper, shouldn’t happen. Let’s see how they react the next few games. Kentucky, though we are more talented, will not be an easy game, but we need to see how they respond after a heartbreaking loss.

Watching our recent games, watching other elite teams on television, there is reason for great concern about the performance of our very talented players. We appear disjointed, as if we have not even prepared, as if we are again regressing. There is no flow to our offense, a poor defensive design...just watch Baylor, UConn or the other top teams, friends we are not among those teams, we are living on Pat Summitt’s legacy.,,time is up! This is Lady VOLS Basketball...we have lost the elite team performance, that is all about coaching!!

You didn't state what "team" you were talking about, but after reading just a few words I knew. I agree and have felt this way after our "Coach's" first year.
(Ha!! learned how to use "blue font"!! Will wonders never
cease!!)

Phil Fulmer would not fire Holly Warlick if she lost every single game left on the schedule.................she is the ,"in crowd" ,just like he is , and neither are going anywhere. Just my opinion from watching Tenn sprots since the mid 50's !!!!!!!!!!!!!
You might be surprised. AD Fulmer is no light weight as it relates to business (otherwise I'll leave this subject alone) and yes he is the business end of UT sports. Don't be surprised by the end of this season, if this team does not show real improvement, she moves on one way or the other.

They are unranked.
Had never won here.
We're a top ten team

The loss deserves attention.
They look like the most disorganized team I have ever seen. That was the most predictable offense meaning Missouri and they could not figure out to quit going under screens and gave up 3 pt shots all day. I watched and was simply amazed of how disfunctional they look. They should have destroyed them. Pitiful and I do not post much on LV but was really amazed that they could not figure it out.

It's concerning because we've seen how this story ends. Run up win total early due to talent disparity. Once SEC teams see enough on tape, the gameplanning starts and we finish in the middle tier (4th-7th in SEC) and lose games we shouldn't. Due to our name, we get a top 3 seed and bow out in Round of 32 or Sweet 16...

Although I dislike disparaging one of our coaches without cause, and I still don't have enough evidence to disparage Holly, you're stating an obvious reality, Mojo. Conference play is far more important than is pre-conference play; more necessary for making the best possible run in the dance. I suppose UT's name and Pat's legacy have pretty well maintained the talent influx, but...like compared with Coach Barnes' products...the development of Holly's players as individuals, and her teams as a whole, just don't seem to come together as well. 'Not even close. I dunno. Who else is out there who'd come to Knoxville and do better than she's done? Any ideas?

VN Store

Back