Venson Sneed, 6'-5"/253lb. SDE Commits

Wow we beat out powerhouses Kentucky, Indiana and USF to get this guy meanwhile Georgia has the number 1 ranked recruiting class so far for 2022.
Would you rather us NOT get a commit at all?

What is your point?? Everyone else here knows and understands where Tennessee is at now. Yet, you seem confused as to why we are going after kids like this.

Gap is getting wider you say? Well what would it matter if we're banned from post-season play for a year or 2??

We're not supposed to be competing with any of the strong programs right now. Regardless of what you want. That's not the reality. WAKE UP!

Some people just can’t handle the facts.
Which "facts"? You mean like the fact like 5 star kids don't want to come here because they may not even get to play in postseason because of NCAA ban? Because we're 21-27 the past 4 seasons?

Which facts are you talking about missing?

Yayyyyy!!!!

We reeled in mighty Venson Snead.

Yes the floodgates have opened up.

Per 247 we managed to wrest him away from these other schools who were after him:

Buffalo
Coastal Carolina
Florida Atlantic
Indiana
Iowa State
Wake Forest

As one poster said here - I like it.

:(

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Yayyyyy!!!!

We reeled on mighty Venson Snead.

Per 247 we managed to wrest him away from these who were after him:

Buffalo
Coastal Carolina
Florida Atlantic
Indiana
Iowa State
Wake Forest

Is he a good player with a high upside or not? Garner is a pretty good coach. I doubt Heupel took his commitment without the approval of Banks and Garner.

I don't know anything about this kid. This may be it or his recruitment may take off if he takes in some camps this summer. But I kind of like Garner's ability to recognize DL talent.

Yayyyyy!!!!

We reeled on mighty Venson Snead.

Per 247 we managed to wrest him away from these who were after him:

Buffalo
Coastal Carolina
Florida Atlantic
Indiana
Iowa State
Wake Forest

Heupel and his staff arrived here from UCF, and Sneed is from Winter Park which was right in their backyard. My guess is they've had an eye on this kid for quite some time. He's 3* now, but how will he be ranked following his senior year? Anyway, if Garner likes him, I like him.

I hate to be one of "those guys" but beating out Indiana, Coastal Carolina and Florida Atlantic for a recruit doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

Yayyyyy!!!!

Per 247 we managed to wrest him away from these other schools who were after him:

Buffalo
Coastal Carolina
Florida Atlantic
Indiana
Iowa State
Wake Forest

Some of those teams could have beaten us last year. No problem with this commitment here.

Yayyyyy!!!!

Buffalo
Coastal Carolina
Florida Atlantic
Indiana
Iowa State
Wake Forest

I guess someone should do this... Campbell at ISU turned a bunch of guys like this into the 9th ranked team in the country last year. They thumped Oregon pretty good in their bowl game. They split 2 games with OU. Both were close. Listing ISU is actually a nice endorsement for this kid.

I think you are generally a pretty reasonable guy. Did you read the article linked at the top of the thread?

VN Store

Back