Venson Sneed, 6'-5"/253lb. SDE Commits

And the gap just keeps getting wider.
Why would most 5-stars come here at the moment? If this works, it's going to work like it has for Barnes - over-achieve with lower-rated recruits, and with that success, start to reel in the big guns. It will take a while, but who would have thought we'd go from guys like Alexander to Johnson, Springer, BHH, Aidoo, Chandler? It is delusional to expect a barely .500 team for the past decade+ to out recruit Bama, Ga, OSU, etc. Just reality. it all depends on whether Heupel is good enough to replicate some of the success Barnes has had. I hope he is.

Wow we beat out powerhouses Kentucky, Indiana and USF to get this guy meanwhile Georgia has the number 1 ranked recruiting class so far for 2022.
West Virginia and Iowa St also made offers and have had much stronger years than Tennessee over the past however many years. W VA ie has had 5 ten win seasons over the past 15 years (one every three years), where Tennessee has had one and that was 14 years ago.

Just sayin, it might have something to do with why our recruiting hasn’t taken off
I think there is a dark cloud over UT right now. The coaches are going to have to "coach 'em up" for the next few years. It can be done.

Which "facts"? You mean like the fact like 5 star kids don't want to come here because they may not even get to play in postseason because of NCAA ban? Because we're 21-27 the past 4 seasons?

Which facts are you talking about missing?

Oops, I forgot. A lot of people on the board are not capable of critical thinking.

I pay very little attention to all the negative stuff posted (it’s like talking to my 92 yr old mother who I love dearly but she repeats the same stuff over and over) but I can’t imagine living in a constant never ending state of dissatisfaction and despair. I really can’t. And to spend any time around that type would make me feel miserable. But...at any rate...alas it shall not change.
Wise words. I need to quit reading their posts.

There's a considerable difference in a 3* with offers from multiple schools in various P5 conferences, and a 3* whose only P5 offers are UT and Indiana.
This guy is very nearly ranked a 4 star. 4 Stars are ranked 90 -99, 3 Stars 80-89. Sneed is .868. Plus, he looks beyond his years...think he could be dominating.

This guy is very nearly ranked a 4 star. 4 Stars are ranked 90 -99, 3 Stars 80-89. Sneed is .868. Plus, he looks beyond his years...think he could be dominating.

He's a project, he might pan out in 2 years, might not.

Why would most 5-stars come here at the moment? If this works, it's going to work like it has for Barnes - over-achieve with lower-rated recruits, and with that success, start to reel in the big guns. It will take a while, but who would have thought we'd go from guys like Alexander to Johnson, Springer, BHH, Aidoo, Chandler? It is delusional to expect a barely .500 team for the past decade+ to out recruit Bama, Ga, OSU, etc. Just reality. it all depends on whether Heupel is good enough to replicate some of the success Barnes has had. I hope he is.

Finally, someone who gets it. It is going to be a long, slow process. Based on the inherent variables present in each sport, B-ball teams can transform very quickly compared to football teams. Barnes is obviously a very good recruiter. Heupel’s ability in this arena has yet to be determined in Power 5 football. Barnes sees all Tennessee has to offer and does a great job conveying this in his recruiting pitch. If Heupel is willing to learn from Barnes, he can shorten this cycle. I want nothing more than Heupel to succeed (as I have the last 4 coaching hires) because that means Tennessee succeeds, but only time will tell. I just know that at least the next couple of years are going to be brutal. Some people on this site are obviously mistaking my realism for negativity. That’s okay because some people just aren’t equipped to read between the lines. They are what I refer to as binary. You, for one, do not fall into this category.

VN Store

Back