Vaping

Vintage Vapors in East Ridge has good stuff. Im good friends with the owners, and their juices are phenomenal

Politicians on the left coast are already talking about banning these.

Vaping: We don't know what long-term side effects it has, but we should ban it.

Smoking: We know what long-term side effects it has (deadly ones), but it's perfectly okay.

The logic is astounding...

Got this for my birthday a couple weeks ago. Caravela mod and Patriot atty clones. The Patriot produces some excellent flavor, and the Caravela has minimal voltage drop. Definitely the best setup I have now.

Planning on getting a Kayfun clone next.

Attachments

• tmp_IMG_20140322_181737_201-2125335070.jpg
    tmp_IMG_20140322_181737_201-2125335070.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 3
Got a buddy who used to smoke and now vapes.

he switches out flavors and gets a kick about telling me about them and blowing them out into the wind so people can smell them.

Kinda like a five year old with farts.

He smokes something called Kiwi and something.

He loves the peanut butter...smells like farts honestly.

He also loves whiskey...smells like whiskey kinda.

Carries it around all the time and asked restaurant owners if he can vape.

I recently too up vaping to quit smoking. I have a Kangertech EVOD battery with a Kangertech T3S tank. Been good so far. The shop I use mixes their own juice. Over 90 flavors.

iTaste SVD is my new mod. Great flavor and smooth vape. Vintage Vapors in Chattanooga is where i get mine.

I know I'm probably not welcome in this thread, but what makes people assume that vaporizing liquid nicotine is safe or more safe than cigarettes? Or am I totally off base because safety is not the reason people are doing this?

If any of you have kids or are around kids please don't leave the liquid were it can be reached by children. Accidental ingestion by mouth or through the skin can be very bad and even lethal.

I know I'm probably not welcome in this thread, but what makes people assume that vaporizing liquid nicotine is safe or more safe than cigarettes? Or am I totally off base because safety is not the reason people are doing this?

If any of you have kids or are around kids please don't leave the liquid were it can be reached by children. Accidental ingestion by mouth or through the skin can be very bad and even lethal.

Well, first off, nicotine in and of itself really isnt too much different from caffeine. Is what is so harmful in cigarettes is all the other stuff that is in them. Tar, arsenic etc. When you vape (good stuff not that cheap imported stuff they sell at the gas stations) you aren't getting that. PG/VG is medicine grade, the flavoring is the stuff they use at bakeries and what not and the average nicotine content in the juice is roughly 1%-5% of the overall mixture. Yes, it may not be 100% safe, then again what is? I've seen people judging people that vape that turn around and eat 3 plates of fried chicken. Is that really "better" than something like vaping in all honesty?

And to your second paragraph, thats just common sense.

What makes you think that vapor could potentially be as dangerous as smoke?

iTaste SVD is my new mod. Great flavor and smooth vape. Vintage Vapors in Chattanooga is where i get mine.

Vintage Vapors here in Knoxville can suck a d***. There have been several reports of people buying certain packages from there that are missing some of accessories which were supposed to be included. They claim it's the company's mistake (company supposedly does not include the accessories during production), and that it happens fairly often, but I have looked for and can't find any other reports of this happening. It's an incredibly popular product, so if this really were a problem, I wouldn't think it'd be difficult to confirm.

I've had bad experiences with the staff as well. They never show any concern for the customer. Every time I've walked in there, the staff looks at me, then straight down or back to their customer. I've NEVER been greeted at that store. I'm not usually one to complain about customer service because sales associates are rarely helpful for me anyway, but every other vape shop in Knoxville has extremely friendly and helpful employees that will at least say "hello!" when you walk in the door, even when they're really busy.

Also, the dim lighting and dark interior paint make shopping at the store a difficult experience. I don't want to imagine the 1920s/30s when I'm vape shopping. The juices are nothing to write home about either IMO.

I just don't understand what vapers see in that store...

I've got a pretty good professional relationship with the owners of the Chattanooga store. Also I've been a customer since they opened and I've sent them a lot of business. I can't speak to how a regular off street customer would be treated. I will agree with the whole steam punk motif. Not a big fan. However I like the product and I've done my homework on stuff so some punk can't give me the run around.

I really wish Mt Olympus didn't go under. Vanilla Velvet was amazing

I guess ignorance is bliss. People automatically assume nicotine is what makes a real cig dangerous or harmful

Maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. Having said that Im pretty sure anything foreign inhaled into your lungs is not a good thing no matter how you spin it.

To your other response above.....I work in a childrens hospital.....nothing goes without saying because I see it all. Please put these things out of reach.

Maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. Having said that Im pretty sure anything foreign inhaled into your lungs is not a good thing no matter how you spin it.

To your other response above.....I work in a childrens hospital.....nothing goes without saying because I see it all. Please put these things out of reach.

Well no kidding. The same that you would do with booze, cleaning supplies, sharp objects etc. Basically the moral of the story is to not be an idiot.

Well no kidding. The same that you would do with booze, cleaning supplies, sharp objects etc. Basically the moral of the story is to not be an idiot.

Agreed, but a lot of idiots are out there. Just reminding people of this danger because the bottles are not child-proof and the colors on the bottles make them interesting to children.

The Real Dangers Of Liquid Nicotine - Forbes

Look, I don't care one way or the other personally. I certainly think if you want to be able to vape then that should be fine as long as it doesnt harm others. But, an article that says no one would drink the stuff just because it is bitter has never spent time in a pediatric emergency room. My guess is Lysol, kerosene, and batteries dont taste great but Ive seen patients come in with all those ingestions.

I'm not savvy to the liquid nicotine world, but is there a way for the contents of that container to be ingested? If the answer is yes then at least be knowledgable and responsible with what youre doing. Don't assume that people will because I can show you case after case that prove otherwise.

Well no kidding. That is called common sense. Moral of the story keep the stuff put up, the same you would with booze, cleaners etc.

Honestly I could care less what other people do, that's their deal. However my rights shouldnt be inhibited because of a few morons. Plain and simple. Laws aren't made to pander to the stupid.

VN Store

Back