Vaping

Hey, rocktopper.....if you're ever in Port Orange or Edgewater, stop by LJ's E-Smokes. If it's a tall blonde kid with glasses and a deep voice, that's my nephew John (we call him Jake). If it's an older lady, that'd be my sister Leigh.

18mg=1.8% right?

I got her regular tobacco flavor for now and my dad menthol. Let them transition into the odd flavors. They soaked the last pack of cigarettes they had with water and threw me away.

I'm hoping this works.

Not sure exactly what the percentage is. When they say 6, 12, or 18mg, it's actually a measurement of density, not weight. I would guess it to be fairly likely they mean 18mg/liter, which would be 1.8% like you said (I think lol).

I see a lot of people try vaping out, but eventually drop it because it's not completely satisfying their cravings. The technology has gotten so much better, that anyone can get a satisfying vape, but you have to know what's good quality, and what's crap. I try to tell everyone to skip the be beginner BS. You pay ~$40 for a starter kit, and it will most likely suck. If your parents like it enough to stick with it, point them in the direction of Kanger or Innokin tanks. They're affordable, yet much more effective than the baseline cartos/tanks. Best deals are on eBay.

Been vaping on these Mountain Oak flavors all week. Mountain Oak is a local company based out of Cleveland, TN, and they make some great flavors. The strawberry brulee is my favorite strawberry flavor I've tried. I usually don't like sugary sweet flavors, but it's just great. The cool ice is a true menthol. I have better menthol flavors, but it's not bad at all. It's more pepperminty than menthol minty IMO. This company has been successful, and had expanded to Knoxville, Chattanooga, and a few other cities because they make some great juices. Gonna go to their location on Lovell asap!

Attachments

• tmp_IMG_20140218_122029_9151859343408.jpg
    tmp_IMG_20140218_122029_9151859343408.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
Hey, rocktopper.....if you're ever in Port Orange or Edgewater, stop by LJ's E-Smokes. If it's a tall blonde kid with glasses and a deep voice, that's my nephew John (we call him Jake). If it's an older lady, that'd be my sister Leigh.

I'll be heading there later next week. I'll be sure to call him jake.

Is your sister Hot? Jk man. I'll be sure to check it out!

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure exactly what the percentage is. When they say 6, 12, or 18mg, it's actually a measurement of density, not weight. I would guess it to be fairly likely they mean 18mg/liter, which would be 1.8% like you said (I think lol).

I see a lot of people try vaping out, but eventually drop it because it's not completely satisfying their cravings. The technology has gotten so much better, that anyone can get a satisfying vape, but you have to know what's good quality, and what's crap. I try to tell everyone to skip the be beginner BS. You pay ~$40 for a starter kit, and it will most likely suck. If your parents like it enough to stick with it, point them in the direction of Kanger or Innokin tanks. They're affordable, yet much more effective than the baseline cartos/tanks. Best deals are on eBay.

I started out on the beginner kit & within a week I ha fluid coming through the airway. Went online and got a better deal.

I found "Cinnamon munchies" online stuff is sooo good.

Does anyone on here do it?

If so, what do you use? What are your favorite juices?

Been vaping for two years. I use a mechanical mod preferably the Magneto. I make my own juices but will buy from Knox Vapors on the Pike. Regardless of the negativity over vaping I breathe better, food tastes better and circulation is better. To each his own.

Been vaping for two years. I use a mechanical mod preferably the Magneto. I make my own juices but will buy from Knox Vapors on the Pike. Regardless of the negativity over vaping I breathe better, food tastes better and circulation is better. To each his own.

Just got in to mechs and RDAsa couple weeks ago. Wow! I love it haha.

Do you buy actual Knoxville Vapor juice? All their flavors taste pretty terrible to me, but they also sell Mountain Oak and some others that are much better.

Anecdotally, what I've noticed is that the people using vaporizers still smoke regular cigarettes. They're probably smoking more because they suck on the vaporizer in lots of situations where they'd just have to go without if a traditional cigarette was the only option. Despite what anyone tells you, nonsmokers can smell the vapor and it stinks so you're still gonna be a social pariah. I suppose you're cutting out some tar but you're still drawing in plenty of carcinogens and I imagine it is only a matter of time before they conclusively find carcinogens in the stuff that vaporizer users exhale at which point these will be banned from indoor use the same as cigarettes. I know that these tools have a step down capability and I wouldn't discourage anyone who's trying to quit smoking. However, it seems that the bulk of the vaping movement is really just directed at trying to flaunt laws that exist for a reason and to scratch an itch that's best scratched away from the presence of those who do not share your addiction.

Anecdotally, what I've noticed is that the people using vaporizers still smoke regular cigarettes. They're probably smoking more because they suck on the vaporizer in lots of situations where they'd just have to go without if a traditional cigarette was the only option. Despite what anyone tells you, nonsmokers can smell the vapor and it stinks so you're still gonna be a social pariah. I suppose you're cutting out some tar but you're still drawing in plenty of carcinogens and I imagine it is only a matter of time before they conclusively find carcinogens in the stuff that vaporizer users exhale at which point these will be banned from indoor use the same as cigarettes. I know that these tools have a step down capability and I wouldn't discourage anyone who's trying to quit smoking. However, it seems that the bulk of the vaping movement is really just directed at trying to flaunt laws that exist for a reason and to scratch an itch that's best scratched away from the presence of those who do not share your addiction.

get-off-your-high-horse.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Link?

Let me answer that for you:

No.

You're kidding yourself if you think it's a risk free alternative. At least the false advertising will give trial lawyers a new teat in a few years.

Check out my posts in the vaping thread in the Politics forum. I'm one of few vapers willing to acknowledge the risks. You don't have to tell me.

False advertising? Vaping and the look a like Cig are two different things.

I've never seen any e-cigarrete, PV, or juice company advertise it as a risk-free alternative. Here's a warning statement on the juice I'm vaping right now:

(Btw, I'm agreeing with you. Just quoted your post instead of the other's because it was on the previous thread page.)

Attachments

• JuiceWarning.jpg
    JuiceWarning.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Ok, so getting ready to pull the trigger and have a couple of questions...

Does the itaste vv last long enough that I don't need two?

Also, what's the advantage of low ohms?

Planning on going with your suggestions on the vv and the Nautilus, btw.

Thanks, again!

Ok, so getting ready to pull the trigger and have a couple of questions...

Does the itaste vv last long enough that I don't need two?

Also, what's the advantage of low ohms?

Planning on going with your suggestions on the vv and the Nautilus, btw.

Thanks, again!

No prob.

I thought the VV was 1300 mAh, but it says it's only 800. I think that would be enough to get through at least a day. It's usually good to have a back-up battery. The VV has pass-through capabilities, so you'd be able to vape while it's charging. But if you're out and about, and your battery dies, you're SOL unless you can hang out next to an electrical outlet or computer for a couple hours. Did you say you had any other setup before? If you have an extra battery, I wouldn't bother buying a spare right now. Chances are that you'll want to get something new in the future, so when you do upgrade, that VV will be a great back-up. If you don't have any other batteries, again, it's good to have a spare to use while the other is charging. You could probably find a decent ego-style battery for less than $15. In any case, I don't know how much you vape. Some people can get by with a 300 mAh battery for a whole day, some people need to charge their iTaste MVP (2600 mAh) at least once per day.

Ohms are units of measurement for electrical resistance. Coils with lower resistance will burn hotter, resulting in a little more vapor and density, but with the trade-off of shorter life. With non-rebuildable tanks, like the Nautilus or Kanger tanks, I tend to go with the higher resistances. The difference in vapor production is not huge, and with higher resistance, you have more room to crank up your variable voltage/wattage device, which results in a smoother vaping experience. It looks like the options for Nautilus coils are 1.6 and 1.8. That's almost no difference. I'd guess they perform pretty similarly, but I haven't ever tried them. I've heard nothing but good things about the Nautilus, though.

Definitely let us know how you like it if you end up getting it.

I wanted something small and durable so I'm using a Mini Protank II with and eGo-C Upgrade. I prefer a good tobacco flavor, so I've been looking for cigar/pipe tobacco blends. Any recommendations for juice, preferably online?

I wanted something small and durable so I'm using a Mini Protank II with and eGo-C Upgrade. I prefer a good tobacco flavor, so I've been looking for cigar/pipe tobacco blends. Any recommendations for juice, preferably online?

Mountain oak vapor...best juices I've found, and I have tried lots.

Thank you all for the great info.
My MIL is a smoker and we can't get her to quit. We've mentioned this to her and she poo-poo'd it.
I think we're just going to buy her a start up kit and hope it sticks. These posts are encouraging! I know heavy smokers that this has worked for.
I'm and ex smoker so the flavored juice seems really odd to me but it seems like most really like the sweet flavors. I think we'll buy both a tobacco flavor and a few others and hope something works.

I'm not a big tobacco fan, but Mountain Oak's Gambler is one of my favorites. It's a smooth tobacco flavor, emulates Arabic and Turkish blends, I think.

But yeah, Mountain Oak is probably my favorite place to get juices. If you're in Knoxville, go check out the location on Lovell. They will give you 10% off for checking in on FB if you have a smart phone. 3 x 15ml bottles for $19.99, 3 x 30ml for $34.99. Very reasonable prices for high-quality juice.

Gotta try their Water Malone too. I'm pretty sure it's their best seller.

Thank you all for the great info.
My MIL is a smoker and we can't get her to quit. We've mentioned this to her and she poo-poo'd it.
I think we're just going to buy her a start up kit and hope it sticks. These posts are encouraging! I know heavy smokers that this has worked for.
I'm and ex smoker so the flavored juice seems really odd to me but it seems like most really like the sweet flavors. I think we'll buy both a tobacco flavor and a few others and hope something works.

Get a decent tank with that starter kit. It will make a big difference and definitely increase the chances of quitting. Kanger ProTank 2 is good, Innokin iClear 30S have heard good things. Some company makes one called a V5; I saw one last night and it was giving off good vapor and I think it held 5 ml. That's a good amount!

VN Store

Back