Vandy's Anchor falls off sinking ship, recovered by Volunteers

Viewed vandymania site for first time today. Just curious, didn't post. What a lame site & whiney fans. FREAK, thanks again to you & the moderators for providing us with Vol Nation!

Reactions: 2 people
Viewed vandymania site for first time today. Just curious, didn't post. What a lame site & whiney fans. FREAK, thanks again to you & the moderators for providing us with Vol Nation!

This is a great point. Just the layout and concept of that site sucks. Until you look at that and other fan sites, you really don't know what an amazing job Freak and Mods have done with VolNation.... kudos Freak.... this site is blessing!

screen_shot_2012-04-10_at_3.31.54_pm.png

coach-butch-jones-chest-bump-o.gif

Last edited:
I don't think those that don't live here fully understand the Vandy situation and why we locals hope they fail miserably on the football field and court.
And its amazing how quiet it has been lately, or how loud their whining is. Such a lovely sound.

Yes it is.

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 3 people
Their circumstance reminds me of how our class remained after dumba$$ left for USC. I kinda feel sorry for Vandy.

Lol, not!

They seem to think they're keeping Smith, especially if Derek Mason is named HC. I would've thought Smith would have bailed by now.

Yeah, saw it after I hit submit.

Either way, getting passed by Temple? Has to be embarrassing.

In 25 years, when we are on the verge of scoring a touchdown to go up by 50 points with only a minute left to go in a game that would mark our 25th straight win over Vanderbilt, someone will say "Just take a knee, we don't have to embarrass them, they're like our little brother" and I will tell them I was there back in 2012 and 2013 when the entity of the Vanderbilt fan base acted as complete pricks towards Tennessee fans, kicking us while we were down, at that point I say to that fan....we should go for 2.

Reactions: 16 people
In 25 years, when we are on the verge of scoring a touchdown to go up by 50 points with only a minute left to go in a game that would mark our 25th straight win over Vanderbilt, someone will say "Just take a knee, we don't have to embarrass them, they're like our little brother" and I will tell them I was there back in 2012 and 2013 when the entity of the Vanderbilt fan base acted as complete pricks towards Tennessee fans, kicking us while we were down, at that point I say to that fan....we should go for 2.

And the onside kick...

Reactions: 13 people
Franklin did the right thing. His stock couldn't get any higher and he sees what Butch is doing with recruiting. Other power sec teams beaten by Vanderbilt were surprised and will be looking for revenge.

With the loss of Franklin their recruiting is a feeding frenzy for other schools. Vandy will go through rougher times than the big orange had in next several years.

Reactions: 5 people
This recruiting class will tank Vandy for years to come. It's hard enough to compete in the Sec with a top 20 class. A 64th ranked class is laughable.

Next year we reclaim our other home field in Nashville and start another 30 plus winning streak with Vandy.

But I would go to Vandy before I would go to a Big10/American conference school.

Vanderbilt will have to go back to the alumni income argument. Their football program is officially dead.

This recruiting class will tank Vandy for years to come. It's hard enough to compete in the Sec with a top 20 class. A 64th ranked class is laughable.

Just remember "Stars don't matter". As long as they are "high character guys" that "bleed black & gold", then they "will be fine".

"Coach em' up" and "Anchor Down" Vandy. :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back