@ Vandy: Wed, 2/24/2021, SEC NW, 9pm (TN 70, VU 58)

I’m not saying that you have said that, but it’s what you aren’t saying. Your defense of them, their record, and their predictions is continually absent of the acknowledgment of those flaws. You just keep harping on those positive things and excusing away their recent poor performances by saying a win is a win, take it and move on, 4-2 in their last 6, etc. It just seems like you are shilling for the positive while unassertively admitting what we all see and are speaking out on, but simultaneously being combative with posters, even level-headed ones, who are starting to admit that there are significant issues/problems with this team, despite their overall record.
Maybe (definitely) I'm just an idiot but I had to read this like three times to get your meaning haha

Reactions: cncchris33
Completely disagree we could beat a top 10 team right now.
It’s college basketball. Anyone can beat anyone on a given night, so I think we are capable. That is why we shouldn’t put any great emphasis on any one game. The issue(s) with this team, though, are a growing trend not confined to one game, or even two.

I’m not saying that you have said that, but it’s what you aren’t saying. Your defense of them, their record, and their predictions is continually absent of the acknowledgment of those flaws. You just keep harping on those positive things and excusing away their recent poor performances by saying a win is a win, take it and move on, 4-2 in their last 6, etc. It just seems like you are shilling for the positive while unassertively admitting what we all see and are speaking out on, but simultaneously being combative with posters, even level-headed ones, who are starting to admit that there are significant issues/problems with this team, despite their overall record.

My defense of their record is because of people saying how they’ve underachieved so badly, that factually incorrect as compared to projections, that simple.

When Bruin started his thread about things getting worse before better after offense looked good against SC I even said it’s a wait and see and that I wouldn’t be crowning anything, I wanted to see consistency on the offensive end.

Maybe I seem overly positive in comparison to those being overly negative...again, acting like this team is somehow overwhelmingly underperforming, to a point that if you were an outsider you’d think we were a bubble team, yea I probably do seem overly positive.

Again this team is still in position to essentially finish the regular season exactly where projected, even with their flaws which I’ve said they do have. I would love to see some things click and some consistent offensive showings, I’ve said that too, but I’m not going to act like this is some horrible season as we sit here at 16-6 and having been ranked all season long.

My defense of their record is because of people saying how they’ve underachieved so badly, that factually incorrect as compared to projections, that simple.

When Bruin started his thread about things getting worse before better after offense looked good against SC I even said it’s a wait and see and that I wouldn’t be crowning anything, I wanted to see consistency on the offensive end.

Maybe I seem overly positive in comparison to those being overly negative...again, acting like this team is somehow overwhelmingly underperforming, to a point that if you were an outsider you’d think we were a bubble team, yea I probably do seem overly positive.

Again this team is still in position to essentially finish the regular season exactly where projected, even with their flaws which I’ve said they do have. I would love to see some things click and some consistent offensive showings, I’ve said that too, but I’m not going to act like this is some horrible season as we sit here at 16-6 and having been ranked all season long.
Maybe so. You are nearly as far on the positive end of the spectrum as some of the clowns are calling for him to be fired are on the negative end. I lean much closer to your end of that spectrum.

My contention is that the product is just bad. It is so hard to watch, and they aren’t better. It hurts to admit that, but I won’t be disingenuous and pretend it doesn’t matter because their record is still good. And that isn’t to suggest you’re doing that. I just know I’m quick to call out people who are unfair to Barnes, his staff, and his players, so in the spirit of transparency and honesty, I feel like I have to admit when things aren’t so pretty.

This is what you said, not that after then going 10-1 what the temperature would be...

“Had that been our record the first 11 games that would have been excused/expected due to all that was going on and us relying on quite a few young players and newcomers.”

It would not at all have been excused or expected, GTFO

You and others have continued to make excuses for them when they have struggled, so yeah early season struggles would have lended even more excuses. Cmon man, don't be insufferable on everything.

VN Store

Back