Vandy student paper wants Becky Hammon as mens head coach......

05_never_again

The interesting thing about Vandy is that they really could be a pretty good basketball school. The SEC is much better at basketball than it used to be, but there's still only one true "basketball school" in the conference (Kentucky). It'd be easier for Vandy to be good at basketball than football.

For a somewhat decent period of time, it looked like Stallings was doing that. From 2004-2012, Vandy made the tournament 6 times and won at least one tournament game 3 times.

wmcovol

And I maintain Vandy could do a lot worse than Becky Hammon.
It would be a completely stupid hire. And Vandy can’t afford to gamble. Once they were the hardest ticket in town with a 15k arena. Now they’re lucky to draw 8k unless it’s Ky or Tennessee. They need to hire an established college coach. Maybe Florida will hire her next year?

Lawrence Wright

Troll Brother #1
It would be a completely stupid hire. And Vandy can’t afford to gamble. Once they were the hardest ticket in town with a 15k arena. Now they’re lucky to draw 8k unless it’s Ky or Tennessee. They need to hire an established college coach. Maybe Florida will hire her next year?
Yep, those Vandy boosters don’t tolerate losing like we do down here in Florida. They’ll roll out a Brinks truck for Bill Self or Roy Williams to get the program back on track.

NashVol11

Gloomed to Fail
What established college coach is Vandy hiring that’s better than Hammon? The Spurs aren’t keeping her around unless she’s a pretty good tactician, and I don’t see why she would struggle to recruit, especially having coached at the level these kids are all trying to reach.

wmcovol

What established college coach is Vandy hiring that’s better than Hammon? The Spurs aren’t keeping her around unless she’s a pretty good tactician, and I don’t see why she would struggle to recruit, especially having coached at the level these kids are all trying to reach.
Their last two basketball coaches were better than Hammon. Stallings was a winner at Illinois St and Drew was a winner at Val. You guys must have a crush on her but I hate to tell you ........

VN Store

Sponsors