Vandy student paper wants Becky Hammon as mens head coach......

The interesting thing about Vandy is that they really could be a pretty good basketball school. The SEC is much better at basketball than it used to be, but there's still only one true "basketball school" in the conference (Kentucky). It'd be easier for Vandy to be good at basketball than football.

For a somewhat decent period of time, it looked like Stallings was doing that. From 2004-2012, Vandy made the tournament 6 times and won at least one tournament game 3 times.

Lot of talent on that roster
The next coach will win and look like a king or a queen. Pun intended

And I maintain Vandy could do a lot worse than Becky Hammon.

It would be a completely stupid hire. And Vandy can’t afford to gamble. Once they were the hardest ticket in town with a 15k arena. Now they’re lucky to draw 8k unless it’s Ky or Tennessee. They need to hire an established college coach. Maybe Florida will hire her next year?

It would be a completely stupid hire. And Vandy can’t afford to gamble. Once they were the hardest ticket in town with a 15k arena. Now they’re lucky to draw 8k unless it’s Ky or Tennessee. They need to hire an established college coach. Maybe Florida will hire her next year?

Yep, those Vandy boosters don’t tolerate losing like we do down here in Florida. They’ll roll out a Brinks truck for Bill Self or Roy Williams to get the program back on track.

Reactions: volfanbill

What established college coach is Vandy hiring that’s better than Hammon? The Spurs aren’t keeping her around unless she’s a pretty good tactician, and I don’t see why she would struggle to recruit, especially having coached at the level these kids are all trying to reach.

Reactions: VolNExile
I think when all is said and done Vanderbilt will hire Murray State head coach Matt McMahon as their next men's head basketball coach.

What established college coach is Vandy hiring that’s better than Hammon? The Spurs aren’t keeping her around unless she’s a pretty good tactician, and I don’t see why she would struggle to recruit, especially having coached at the level these kids are all trying to reach.

Their last two basketball coaches were better than Hammon. Stallings was a winner at Illinois St and Drew was a winner at Val. You guys must have a crush on her but I hate to tell you ........

I think it's the perfect hire for a program like vandy. Do it to it.

Their last two basketball coaches were better than Hammon. Stallings was a winner at Illinois St and Drew was a winner at Val. You guys must have a crush on her but I hate to tell you ........

She plays for the other team? Man, that’s breaking news....

Last edited:

VN Store

Back