Vandy board

Don’t get banned but remind them that their TB grabbed and threw AT’s helmet off on his first run. I’m curious as to how those dweebs will respond.
One of their more prominent posters already described Vaughn’s penalty as a result of a “violent tackle” and “dirty play.” I have no interest in making a username there and getting banned on my first post, but I’d like to ask OP to take a screenshot of the play and show where, in any capacity, it was violent or dirty. You just can’t argue with those people. It’s like they stick their fingers in their ears and yell LALALA at any objective fact that doesn’t benefit their narrative.

Vandy returns basically the same team minus their 3 NFL skill position players next year. Recruiting is just above Arkansas at dead last at the moment but I imagine that will change if Arkansas can hire Leach or the Lane Train. I am looking forward to watching a 2-10 season unfold in Nashville next year.

It's fitting that Juan's final act at Neyland was smashing one of those bastards

The "bastard" Jauan Jennings smashed is actually a Harvard University graduate and from my view point, did nothing to deserve getting his helmet ripped off and face stomped on but yeah. I don't blame them for being pissed. If someone had done that to one of our players I would be livid, and I bet there'd be a lot fewer of our fans justifying it as an "accident"

9exEPtN.gif

Even if Jauan stomped on their guys head, it’s nothing compared to what 4 of their players did to that girl that’s on tape and their head coach tried to cover up.

How is it that guys problem. He was still in high school then rotfl.

And ??? Ted Kennedy and another infamous Ted “the unabomber “ Kaczynski also graduated from Harvard . What does someone having graduated from Harvard have to do with this discussion ?

Nothing much, except that if we are calling people "thugs" and "bastards" on that play last night, it seemed like one was way more guilty of that behavior than the other guy. As far as I saw the Vandy player was tackled out of bounds and then had his helmet ripped off and face stomped on. I don't know why our fans seem to be taking so much pride in that kind of behavior from our players.

Nothing much, except that if we are calling people "thugs" and "bastards" on that play last night, it seemed like one was way more guilty of that behavior than the other guy. As far as I saw the Vandy player was tackled out of bounds and then had his helmet ripped off and face stomped on. I don't know why our fans seem to be taking so much pride in that kind of behavior from our players.
First, the Vandy player was not tackled out of bounds. Watch the tape. Second, the first ripping off of the helmet in the game was done by their “star” running back. He then continued to run his mouth during the game until he decided he was “hurt” and could not play anymore. We do not know if the head stomp was intentional or not and will probably never know. The comment about the Vandy player being a Harvard grad is the exact reason other teams don’t like Vandy. For some reason they think they are better than other people. Vandy grads, Vandy students and even Vandy fans that didn’t go to Vandy think they are better than everyone else in the SEC. Hate to tell them but they are not. I have lived in Nashville for 50 years and most people from Nashville don’t even like Vandy because of this.

They may cut him some slack, but how much slack will the fans and supporters tolerate for a head coach who's never won more than 3 conference games in six seasons and lost the only 2 bowl games he was in?
I don't know if Mason is "the guy"... but IMHO Vandy needs to lower their sights.... or else start filling the stadium regardless of outcome until decent players think Vandy is serious about football.

Yep, it's insane. Thuggish behavior is thuggish behavior.

Let’s take a stroll down memory lane to West End in 2016 when Vandy beat UT and I watched Mason dance from the 20 to the 20.
Afterwards he proclaimed this is the “new” Vandy and this is Vandy’s “State”. Yeah those were the days.....so I say to Mason and the other 75 Vandy fans that Karma-she’s a total c-nt sometimes

Eff Vanderbilt who gives a damn about them or their players?

The "bastard" Jauan Jennings smashed is actually a Harvard University graduate and from my view point, did nothing to deserve getting his helmet ripped off and face stomped on but yeah. I don't blame them for being pissed. If someone had done that to one of our players I would be livid, and I bet there'd be a lot fewer of our fans justifying it as an "accident"
Well said! Doesn’t need to be undersold that the fans of EVERYBODY ELSE are fortunate to have you in their corner!

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

Initial hit was legal but JJ should or could have been flagged for Unnecessary Roughness. I could have even understood an ejection. The step did not appear intentional, but JJ was out of control and you cannot do that. But here is the corollary, over half the Vanderbilt bench cleared and fought the refs to get to the UT bench. By rule they, including the coaches should have also been penalized and ejected. Somehow I find it less of an indictment of a program for one player to get out of hand than the supposed adult leading the program to be leading his bench across the field to start a fight.

Well said! Doesn’t need to be undersold that the fans of EVERYBODY ELSE are fortunate to have you in their corner!

I'm 100% all Vol. I feel like the fans that celebrate what Jennings did to the Vanderbilt player on the sideline (at the very least ripped his helmet off and appeared to swing at him, even if you think the stomp was unintentional) are probably the same ones who dish out the death threats to Guarantano the first time he doesn't throw a perfect pass. I just don't see much good from supporting that. And Jennings is my favorite on field player by far.

One of their more prominent posters already described Vaughn’s penalty as a result of a “violent tackle” and “dirty play.” I have no interest in making a username there and getting banned on my first post, but I’d like to ask OP to take a screenshot of the play and show where, in any capacity, it was violent or dirty. You just can’t argue with those people. It’s like they stick their fingers in their ears and yell LALALA at any objective fact that doesn’t benefit their narrative.

Vandy returns basically the same team minus their 3 NFL skill position players next year. Recruiting is just above Arkansas at dead last at the moment but I imagine that will change if Arkansas can hire Leach or the Lane Train. I am looking forward to watching a 2-10 season unfold in Nashville next year.
It would nice if Vanderbilt went 1-11 or 0-12 in 2020

VN Store

Back