Vandy becoming the real UT

NEO

Eat at Joe's
With Vandy owning us the last few years, the new generation only knowing a UT team that loses to Vandy, and Vandy being in the heart of Nashville where almost everyone moving in is from another part of the country and holding no emotional ties to the past or clinging onto stories of the good old days......

Is there a chance that if things do not change in the next few years, that Vandy becomes the new UT and the Vols are left by the side of the road?

It’s a valid question....

A lot of boo or gifs but facts are facts.

Vandy in heart of city with 2 million plus metro and growing fast with out of staters.

Much easier to get to stadium.

Winning record over UT lately.

Bowl games to actually go to.

I am not saying now but in 10 years if things don’t change and Vandy starts getting better there could easily be a fan flip.

They gave Mason a Gatorade bath after the win.

Then in the locker room they were filmed dancing and singing a song about going to a bowl game.

This is how you act over a 6-6 season?

Don't get me wrong I am glad for Vanderbilt, they are happy and that is all that matters.

Call me when that is ever the mentality of a UT team or Volnation.

Reactions: PA Vol and amorange
With Vandy owning us the last few years, the new generation only knowing a UT team that loses to Vandy, and Vandy being in the heart of Nashville where almost everyone moving in is from another part of the country and holding no emotional ties to the past or clinging onto stories of the good old days......

Is there a chance that if things do not change in the next few years, that Vandy becomes the new UT and the Vols are left by the side of the road?
Then they go to Vandys high school stadium and realize there is not much better than that.

They gave Mason a Gatorade bath after the win.

Then in the locker room they were filmed dancing and singing a song about going to a bowl game.

This is how you act over a 6-6 season?

Don't get me wrong I am glad for Vanderbilt, they are happy and that is all that matters.

Call me when that is ever the mentality of a UT team or Volnation.

Clearly you don’t remember our QB being carried off the field on players shoulders after beating UAB.....

Simply, NO.

Reactions: k-town_king
It’s a valid question....

A lot of boo or gifs but facts are facts.

Vandy in heart of city with 2 million plus metro and growing fast with out of staters.

Much easier to get to stadium.

Winning record over UT lately.

Bowl games to actually go to.

I am not saying now but in 10 years if things don’t change and Vandy starts getting better there could easily be a fan flip.
There could easily be a fan flip? Lay off the hard stuff!

What if the suddenly did or a booster did?
Anythings possible I suppose but I just don't see that happening in our lifetime. Even if it did Tennessee will remain the flagship university of the state. The only reason we're at where we are is because of gross incompetence in our administration. At some point we have to get things right right?

If the suddenly start putting money in and expand their stadium...

What then?

How is that working for Kentucky.

And

I clearly don't remember us carrying the QB on our shoulders or tearing any goalposts down after beating them this year.

Given that Vandy is light years better the last 7-8 years than they’ve been the last 75-80 years and that Tennessee is bloody awful going on 10-12 years now, I’d say about anything is possible.

VN Store

Back