Vaccine or not?

I still can't believe that people still think that me getting vaccinated protects other people.

It did to a certain extent in Spring/Summer 2021. Obviously now, it has mutated to a point where it doesn't.

I'm not sure when his spouse had cancer or when he got vaxxed. If I recall correctly, I think his wife was diagnosed just a little before mine was..

It did to a certain extent in Spring/Summer 2021. Obviously now, it has mutated to a point where it doesn't.

I'm not sure when his spouse had cancer or when he got vaxxed. If I recall correctly, I think his wife was diagnosed just a little before mine was..
No proof of that at all. Spring/Summer is usually when flu season begins to die down anyways because people get more exposure to sun/Vitamin D.

Does me getting a polio vaccine help prevent you from getting polio?

Reactions: ButchPlz
No proof of that at all. Spring/Summer is usually when flu season begins to die down anyways because people get more exposure to sun/Vitamin D.

Does me getting a polio vaccine help prevent you from getting polio?

Actually plenty of proof of that. A quick comparison of breakthrough cases (very small number) and unvax cases (much bigger number) in that timeframe proves it out...

Enjoy your vodka comrade...

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Actually plenty of proof of that. A quick comparison of breakthrough cases (very small number) and unvax cases (much bigger number) in that timeframe proves it out...

Enjoy your vodka comrade...
Also, if vaccinations were such a success in preventing the spread of C-19, then why did we see a surge of cases in the summer/fall of 2021 when Biden issued his Federal vaccine mandate?

Reactions: ButchPlz
Also, if vaccinations were such a success in preventing the spread of C-19, then why did we see a surge of cases in the summer/fall of 2021 when Biden issued his Federal vaccine mandate?

Let's see. I'll let you answer.

Per 100K unvax people, there were 10.54 deaths the first week of September 2021.

Per 100K vax people, there was .80 deaths in same timeframe

I'll go to last week of November

Unvax: 29.26 deaths/100K Per week
Vax: 2.22 deaths/100K Per week

Last edited:
Let's see. I'll let you answer.

Per 100K unvax people, there were 10.54 deaths the first week of September 2021.

Per 100K vax people, there was .80 deaths in same timeframe

I'll go to last week of November

Unvax: 29.26 deaths/100K Per week
Vax: 2.22 deaths/100K Per week
29/100,000 = .029%
2/100,000 = .002%

Statistically insignificant.

That's not how stats work comrade...
That is exactly how stats work. You want to frame your arguement based on the most effective way to scare people. But if you look at just the odds of dying by being vaxxed vs not, .02% vs .002% risk of dying is not enough for most reasonable people to say "Yeah, let me get that experimental vaccine..."

And speaking of moving goalposts, here was my original comment that you responded to:

I still can't believe that people still think that me getting vaccinated protects other people.
And you replied back with:

So explain how your .02% vs .002% rant is proof of anything? What you posted was a stat regarding risk of death. It wasn't about how my vaccination helps stop the spread or protects anyone else.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
That is exactly how stats work. You want to frame your arguement based on the most effective way to scare people. But if you look at just the odds of dying by being vaxxed vs not, .02% vs .002% risk of dying is not enough for most reasonable people to say "Yeah, let me get that experimental vaccine..."

And speaking of moving goalposts, here was my original comment that you responded to:

And you replied back with:

So explain how your .02% vs .002% rant is proof of anything? What you posted was a stat regarding risk of death. It wasn't about how my vaccination helps stop the spread or protects anyone else.

It wasnt a rant. It was refuting your incorrect statement with actual numbers.

And here is your analysis for the September numbers you glossed over

330,000,000/100,000 * .0000974 delta = 32,142 deaths for 1 week

Guess that's insignificant too...

It wasnt a rant. It was refuting your incorrect statement with actual numbers.

And here is your analysis for the September numbers you glossed over

330,000,000/100,000 * .0000974 delta = 32,142 deaths for 1 week

Again, what does that have to do with my original comment?

How does me getting vaccinated help anyone else?

It really isn't that hard.

In the grand scheme of things, it is statically insignificant. Don't try to twist it into me diminishing the deaths. It is simply a recognition that the risks associated with an experimental vaccine don't justify most people to get jabbed. Your own numbers illustrated the risk factor. .02% vs .002% is not going to move the needle or convince people to do anything. But if you want to scare the s#!t ot of people, then flip the same stats and say 29 out of 100k vs 2 out of 100k... Now the mathematically challenged will line up to get jabbed.

Again, what does that have to do with my original comment?

How does me getting vaccinated help anyone else?

It really isn't that hard.

You were in that timeframe 400-1500% less likely to catch it if you were vaxxed during 2021.

Someone with cancer (like 82's or my spouse at the time) isn't going out that much. I think 82s kids are out of the house so by far, the most likely person she is to catch it from was him.

Obviously the 400-1500% changed in 2022 but virus did too...

Many COVID classified deaths were not due to Covid but with Covid. Person would die from something non related but hospital would place Covid as cause to get paid out. Spiked Covid related deaths but hundred of thousands. Whole thing was a power grab.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
In the grand scheme of things, it is statically insignificant. Don't try to twist it into me diminishing the deaths. It is simply a recognition that the risks associated with an experimental vaccine don't justify most people to get jabbed. Your own numbers illustrated the risk factor. .02% vs .002% is not going to move the needle or convince people to do anything. But if you want to scare the s#!t ot of people, then flip the same stats and say 29 out of 100k vs 2 out of 100k... Now the mathematically challenged will line up to get jabbed.

No matter how much you want to ignore the 32K deaths in just 1 week, it is by no definition numerically or Statistically insignificant.....

Many COVID classified deaths were not due to Covid but with Covid. Person would die from something non related but hospital would place Covid as cause to get paid out. Spiked Covid related deaths but hundred of thousands. Whole thing was a power grab.

Fair point about people with multiple underlying causes of death with a COVID designation. If you look at death rates of +65 age groups, some percentage were going to die that year with or without COVID. I would call it Statistically significant but I was told dozens of 400-1500% weeks are not significantly signicant so who knows..

Hospitals didn't get paid more per COVID death** but they did get a 20% kicker for treating those with a positive COVID test that were on Medicare...

** - There was a death/funeral cost subsidy paid to people who died with/of COVID. To be fair, some hospitals did try ways to get this subsidy from family members.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

VN Store

Back