'24 VA RB Peyton Lewis (Tennessee)

Mx4TWv.gif

200w.gif

Frame: Lewis has the prototypical size for a running back at the college level. He's a sturdy 190 pounds with a strong lower body. He utilizes his body to find contact and create angles; if you lean into defenders in the box, it causes others to overplay, meaning Lewis can bounce outside. It takes a different level of physicality to consistently execute this, as you must be comfortable shedding hits each play.

Athleticism: A two-time state champion in the 55-meter dash. Lewis runs a 6.54 55-meter dash, which was a meet record when he ran it. He also competes in the 60-meter dash and the 300-meter dash. The track speed is evident on the field as he flies by defenders and ruins pursuit angles. Lewis's initial burst is impressive, and he has solid redirect skills off of one cut, but he shouldn't be making multiple cuts in a possession.

Instincts: A very patient, comfortable runner. Lewis understands how to run and how everyone else is playing the run. He routinely sets things up with his feet, making abrupt movements behind the line of scrimmage to keep defenders from guessing his angle correctly and committing to it. Lewis knows where alleys will open and the most optimal route to get there and burst into the open field.

https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/recruiting/peyton-lewis-commits-to-tennessee

Top247 running back Peyton Lewis' affinity for Tennessee came long before the Vols offered a scholarship, and long before the Salem (Va.) High standout was a college football prospect. He and his family vacationed in Pigeon Forge and also Gatlinburg and the memories from it were strong and meaningful. So although 6-foot, 190-pound Lewis grew up in Virginia Tech’s backyard, it was the Vols who long had his attention. He announced his decision Saturday during a visit to campus, but the decision was made long before then.

“We used to stay in a log cabin resort in the mountains,” Lewis said. “We stayed there a lot. We went on mountain coasters and the strip where all the crazy building are, and it didn’t seem real to me the first time I went to Tennessee.”

It became the vacation destination spot for Lewis and his family. “I kind of fell in love and then after that we went back, back, back,” he said. “People usually go to the beach or wherever. We went to Tennessee and we loved it. At the end of the day, it’s a place I love, a place that my parents love. It’s somewhere I feel like my potential will not be wasted and I can also get a great education and also play football. Seems like the perfect utopia for me.”
Blue Ridge to Smoky Mountains: How Tennessee landed Top247 RB Peyton Lewis

Last edited:

VN Store

Back