'20 VA CB Karon Prunty

REALLY want this kid.

I do not want Theo Jackson or Warren Burrell anywhere on the field, at all.

CB - Prunty
CB - Hadden
NB - Taylor

Hell put Taylor at Safety and Flowers at NB, idc.
Theo’s a good ball hawk. Gets picks which is crucial for this defense. I agree on Burrell

Reactions: PA Vol
REALLY want this kid.

CB - Prunty
CB - Hadden
NB - Taylor

I hope our DB's can actually improve under Martinez. I feel like so many of our kids got the short straw because the prior staff quit on them.

Wow I helped get a few kids there to him. The last name continued to sound familiar but I couldn’t figure out why lol. Awesome to know coaches son is doing so well. Hope he’s a Vol, he will see the field early and often
He brought his Hargrave team to Knoxville around 2008 to scrimmage the Tennessee walk-ons and some freshmen. After that the NCAA said cant do that anymore.

REALLY want this kid.

CB - Prunty
CB - Hadden
NB - Taylor

I actually think Warren has potential to be a baller and Theo has loads of experience so I don’t mind them on the field if they show they can do what needs to be done, but I do like the competition coming in and may the best man win… but either way we will need all of the dbs to step up at some point this season. WB, Theo, AT, Hadden, Prunty, Flowers, JM would be a really solid 7 bodies for 5 spots

I actually think Warren has potential to be a baller and Theo has loads of experience so I don’t mind them on the field if they show they can do what needs to be done, but I do like the competition coming in and may the best man win… but either way we will need all of the dbs to step up at some point this season. WB, Theo, AT, Hadden, Prunty, Flowers, JM would be a really solid 7 bodies for 5 spots
I don't mind Theo out there at all. He's made plays and I think a lot of people forget that players usually get better the older they get.

The odds are that most of our guys returning will get better.

Our DB's would be in great shape with Prunty joining Hadden and the guys who have been there.

Yeah, let’s wipe the slate clean with some of these young men and give another staff a chance to work with them. Some will succeed and some won’t but I wouldn’t hold the past against them as proof of future results.
Indeed.

We also gotta remember they've had no help from a pass rush!

I don't think I've ever seen a group of DB's succeed when the d-line can't get to the QB.

Don't forget Slaughter. He'll probably be the starter at NB

Indeed.

We also gotta remember they've had no help from a pass rush!

I don't think I've ever seen a group of DB's succeed when the d-line can't get to the QB.

You would be correct in your assumption.

And sometimes people forget it's give and take with that dynamic. They forget about "coverage" sacks. Sometimes even the best pass rushers need an extra half second or so to get home. Good coverage will stall the QB.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Defense actually might be pretty good. Defensive line is not great but has experience the linebackers could be serviceable with the Texas transfer and secondary has some depth and talent if this guy comes
We need 11 guys on each side of the ball pulling in the same direction (something that wasn’t happening before). It’s amazing the change you will see when that one thing happens!

BTW, I like this Voltaire a lot better, we’re all moving forward, no BVS!!!!

We need 11 guys on each side of the ball pulling in the same direction (something that wasn’t happening before). It’s amazing the change you will see when that one thing happens!

BTW, I like this Voltaire a lot better, we’re all moving forward, no BVS!!!!
I just get bouts of negavol when certain people get brought up on here but im excited for the future of all of the sports programs in Tennessee.

VN Store

Back