‘23 VA ATH Cameron Seldon (Tennessee Commit)

Good, glad to hear on Leacock. He can likely be had late. I am in a bit of a rebuild in one of my leagues and I sold out on a lot of aging vets to acquire a boatload of rookie and devy picks, so I'm glad to have some extras to use on some Vols. I usually try to avoid them as I find it hard to remove my Fandom and bias from the value aspect.
I’d love to be the only Vol fan in a league to be able to hoard all the guys, but I’m in a Vol fans only league so you have to overpay to get all the top Vol players.

Reactions: cncchris33
This is a sports data analyst that I follow and usually he is tweeting about NFL fantasy but he was actually one of the first to predict Jamarr Chase’s breakout before his freshman year at LSU. He misses from time to time like everyone else but thought it was interesting that he tweeted about Cam Seldon.

Devy refers to developmental dynasty fantasy football. Basically in addition to having NFL players on a roster that carries from season to season devy players will draft college players to either store to be able to add to their NFL fantasy roster in due time, or some leagues combine a college dynasty fantasy league with a NFL dynasty fantasy league and you will be competing with two different rosters in two separate but connected leagues.

TLDR: a data analyst has identified Cam Seldon as a potential breakout candidate and likely a future NFL player
Johnson is a lazy comp. He's a bigger, power back who is way slower than Seldon

Reactions: KeepinUpWithJones
Here’s that same data analyst saying Leacock is his favorite WR in the ‘23 class. Cam Seldon was #3 at RB in the ‘23 class according to one of his other tweets. He uses frame rates to determine in game speed and watches a ton of high school film from what I can gather. I dabble in data analysis so my familiarity with it is casual and somewhat shallow but he seems to have hit on a lot high end prospects early. Kyle Pitts is another that he identified early in the process when he was still in high school as well.

Attachments

• CBAB9825-ABB9-4250-AD0D-A3DFA022C2B1.jpeg
    CBAB9825-ABB9-4250-AD0D-A3DFA022C2B1.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 65
Johnson is a lazy comp. He's a bigger, power back who is way slower than Seldon
From what I’ve seen, a lot of these analytics guys will build a profile using whatever stats or metrics and there will be 10 profiles that will match based on the inputs with varying outcomes/levels of success. Depending on the strength of the prospect, the bottom profile may suck or it may be a guy like Roschon Johnson.

It’s usually less of a comparison of play style and more of a potential range of outcomes. Now I’m going off my history of following him and looking at the data tables he posts over the months/year plus that I’ve followed him, but that’s my understanding.

The takeaway that I had is that in his range of outcomes available, the worst Seldon could do would be a 4th round pick in the NFL (which usually a prospects projected range out outcomes includes a couple of busts). This speaks to the strength of Seldon’s profile although I’m unsure of what he is basing it off of.

VN Store

Back