V O L S letters

So you are saying all walkers are crippled?

From what I understand, the training equipment used inflicts pain to get horses to walk with the gait they do. This includes acid poured on strategic points of their feet and legs. Deniers say that's no longer true, but several years ago a training facility owner was fined for that very thing. I also dimly recall a guy, Jack Connell or Connolly being banned from horse training for life due to such cruelty to horses. This stuff still goes on. So yes, walkers are crippled despite fervent denials. But it isn't limited to walkers, dancing horses, and even dancing bears are sadistically trained for the amusement of people.

That said, I'm throwing my head back for deniers to slit my throat. OK, ready....

VFL players want them back ASAP. I bet Milton could hit one.
napoleon-dynamite-throw.gif

Reactions: Boca Vol
The white on orange unstyled ones were ugly, but they really just seem right for some reason. I'm sure it was the timeframe that they were used.

Reactions: Boca Vol
So you are saying all walkers are crippled?

From what I understand, the training equipment used inflicts pain to get horses to walk with the gait they do. This includes acid poured on strategic points of their feet and legs. Deniers say that's no longer true, but several years ago a training facility owner was fined for that very thing. I also dimly recall a guy, Jack Connell or Connolly being banned from horse training for life due to such cruelty to horses. This stuff still goes on. So yes, walkers are crippled despite fervent denials. But it isn't limited to walkers, dancing horses, and even dancing bears are sadistically trained for the amusement of people.

That said, I'm throwing my head back for deniers to slit my throat. OK, ready....

Is it just urban legend that a rich patriot from the Slovak Republic bought the original VOLS signs, along with an old K-MART?

My Uncle owned a grand champion and also had several mares and geldings on his farm in S. Georgia. NONE of those horses were crippled. When you ride that gait the first time it's scary as hell but once it starts it's incredible. They can also get up and gallop like the wind. I took care of and rode one daily for about a month when I was Jr. High age.

Not going to bother repeating to correct you the second time.

My Uncle owned a grand champion and also had several mares and geldings on his farm in S. Georgia. NONE of those horses were crippled. When you ride that gait the first time it's scary as hell but once it starts it's incredible. They can also get up and gallop like the wind. I took care of and rode one daily for about a month when I was Jr. High age.

Thank you. I wasn't talking about you or your uncle, but how these horses in general are trained to have that gait. The abuse still goes on in the walking horse industry, as it does in too many other animal entertaining industries. That includes movies featuring animal actors. There may, and probably, are and will be exceptions, but not the standard. Video evidence is easily found online for any who care to look. Alternative, non-abuse training video is there too, but quite rare compared to abuse video and reports. Plus, I used to live near such a training facility in Tennessee. Back then you could walk down a lane road and see this stuff going on, even stand or sit on the fence and watch everything that wasn't inside the barns. Last time I was there during summer beak from college, the road was wider and high wood and concrete fence blocked the view. But you still hear the commotion of frightened and hurt horses. Reality is what it is.

Does anyone here know if the Athletic Department is planning on putting back up the stand-alone white on orange V O L S letters, or the orange on white letters that were on top of the scoreboard/video board?

The stand-alone ones (not on top of scoreboard) look sooooo much cooler!

I know there was a "commercial" this past Saturday at the game that said the letters are going back up, but it's not clear if it's the stand-alone ones or not.
If you were on Vol twitter you’d know the invite story.

Thank you. I wasn't talking about you or your uncle, but how these horses in general are trained to have that gait. The abuse still goes on in the walking horse industry, as it does in too many other animal entertaining industries. That includes movies featuring animal actors. There may, and probably, are and will be exceptions, but not the standard. Video evidence is easily found online for any who care to look. Alternative, non-abuse training video is there too, but quite rare compared to abuse video and reports. Plus, I used to live near such a training facility in Tennessee. Back then you could walk down a lane road and see this stuff going on, even stand or sit on the fence and watch everything that wasn't inside the barns. Last time I was there during summer beak from college, the road was wider and high wood and concrete fence blocked the view. But you still hear the commotion of frightened and hurt horses. Reality is what it is.
I call BS, you’re not even close!

I call BS, you’re not even close!

OK. One shouldn't call ******** anyway, it might answer. I knew I'd attract deniers and insults, so thank you for showing once more that humans gonna human. Have a nice day, but watch your feet so you don't step in the bovine bowel movements.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back