V O L S letters

And while they are at it FILL THE WHOLE ENDZONE WITH CHECKERED BOARD AGAIN..Loved that field ..
I liked the look of the fully checkered end zone but I remember there were issues with the boundary lines. I think there may have been a rule passed that required wider cleaner borders.

Reactions: mrredskin
I’m pretty sure that we did some kind of deal with the university of Texas where we agreed to no longer use the interlocking UT. Someone may know the details on that.
Ha
Screw Texas

I know.....I just love that look.
Interlocking UT would be a cool alternate helmet........

I think many like it because it is so similar to the band formation for the running through the T. Wonder if we could toy with some kind of Power T replacement formation. NAH.... gotta draw the line somewhere.

Reactions: peaygolf
I’m pretty sure that we did some kind of deal with the university of Texas where we agreed to no longer use the interlocking UT. Someone may know the details on that.

I think that Texas trademarked that logo. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that Texas trademarked that logo. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Tulane also used it and possibly Tulsa at one point. Not sure it could be trademarked, but TX and TN did have an agreement in place regarding East and west of the Miss River. Seems like I remember TX paying Tulane a substantial fee for their rights.

And while they are at it FILL THE WHOLE ENDZONE WITH CHECKERED BOARD AGAIN..Loved that field ..
I liked the look of the fully checkered end zone but I remember there were issues with the boundary lines. I think there may have been a rule passed that required wider cleaner borders.

That's a common misconception. The checkerboards are the same size now as they were from '89-'93. They just had an orange border vs. the green border they have now. There would be no issue if UT went back to they orange border. Here's a snippet from the '93 Louisville game showing the orange border around the checkerboards.

Reactions: UTvols#1

VN Store

Back