'24 UTah WR/TE Roger Saleapaga (Oregon commit)

Tennessee continues to evaluate different options at the tight end spot. Roger Saleapaga continues to proceed through this recruitment at his own pace, meanwhile the staff is continuing to keep tabs on South Carolina commit Michael Smith and Ohio State commit Max LeBlanc. In our opinion, you need to get these two to campus at some point before things get real there.
-VQ

The fifth official visitor for next weekend will be Utah tight end Roger Salepaga. He will visit Oregon this weekend before heading East. Depending on who you speak with, there is some belief the Ducks are the team to beat in this race, however, there remains some belief that Tennessee is a legitimate contender, along with Auburn. Next weekend's official visit will be an important opportunity for the Vols to establish some momentum in this one.
-VQ

Utah Tight End Roger Saleapaga returns to town for his official visit this weekend as well. His visit will also start on Friday morning. Tennessee is chasing Oregon in this one, with Auburn also being a contender, in our opinion. The Vols have built a nice relationship with the three-star pass-catcher and his family, so they will need to capitalize on that this weekend to have a chance to land Saleapaga heading into what is likely a late-November/early December timeline for a decision.
-VQ

Well, with Smith backing out of his visit, does that mean we're throwing everything at this kid?

“After this visit, I love Tennessee. I’ll tell you that,”

“I don’t know. Me and my parents are talking about maybe stopping the visits right now, because Tennessee showed me a lot. I love Tennessee. Every time I came here, I loved it. In (June) I loved it, and now I love it even more.

“I don’t know. I’ll still keep praying on it, see what God wants me to do. But I really love Tennessee right now.”

“I heard a lot of stories about Neyland Stadium, and it lived up to its name. It was electric. That was my favorite part.”

“I was with Nico a bunch. I was with Ethan (Davis), one of the tight ends, and Masai (Reddick), an O-lineman. But I spent a lot of time with all the players. I visited here in May — early May this year — but it was fun. Spent a lot of time with them.

“I got to talk to them about their truth about Tennessee, because I feel like players never lie to you. It was pretty fun.”

Still think Oregon might be tough to beat in the end. The Ducks have been the team to beat for a while. But Tennessee showed well this weekend and at least has given itself a realistic shot.

Callahan

VN Store

Back