UT vs. Memphis Pregame Discussion

Who will win

• Total voters
We can talk about peanut butter and banana sandwiches...
I just ate a banana, couldn't get her to fix me a sandwich cause she's cooking...:hmm:

I know everybody is trying not to look ahead to Memphis past Vandy which I know is a very very big game and for Tennessee more important than Memphis, but we are a message board who cares if we look ahead we are not playing so it doesnt matter.

I know everybody is trying not to look ahead to Memphis past Vandy which I know is a very very big game and for Tennessee more important than Memphis, but we are a message board who cares if we look ahead we are not playing so it doesnt matter.

what town in west tn you from?

I look forward every year to the Tennessee - Memphis game. It is a great test of both teams and a great game to win, when we can. Both of these schools are brothers in the State of Tennessee and there should never be anger and bitterness between their fans, just a little sibling rivalry as we bring out the best in each other. The Vols last year did what only the National Champion team Kansas could pull off; proof of the quality of your team and something you should be proud of. On that day I believe you proved you were a final four team in quality. Memphis would go on to have some great victories last year against some of the highest quality programs in the country, but all of us Memphis fans will always remember the two games we let slip away. It may be awhile before we have a chance to make up for the NC game, but we have a chance next week with the Vols. Both teams could really use the win right now because there is still respect for both teams out in the country, and winning this rivalry will help our resume come March. I hope we always have an opportunity to play each other every year, and may the best team win.

I look forward every year to the Tennessee - Memphis game. It is a great test of both teams and a great game to win, when we can. Both of these schools are brothers in the State of Tennessee and there should never be anger and bitterness between their fans, just a little sibling rivalry as we bring out the best in each other. The Vols last year did what only the National Champion team Kansas could pull off; proof of the quality of your team and something you should be proud of. On that day I believe you proved you were a final four team in quality. Memphis would go on to have some great victories last year against some of the highest quality programs in the country, but all of us Memphis fans will always remember the two games we let slip away. It may be awhile before we have a chance to make up for the NC game, but we have a chance next week with the Vols. Both teams could really use the win right now because there is still respect for both teams out in the country, and winning this rivalry will help our resume come March. I hope we always have an opportunity to play each other every year, and may the best team win.

Nice Post, welcome to the Nation!

Been there many times , I dont know your age , but did you or any of your family know Bufford ?

Little brother may be appropriate when comparing these schools in everything else but BB.

"May be" appropriate? That's cute - you're trying to downplay how insignificant Memphis is outside of basketball. It's understandable, but it doesn't mean you're any less delusional. Continue beating that drum, my mouth-breathing friend.

Say Memphis to any outsider and they think: Beale Street, BBQ, Tigers.

I'd venture a guess that a few other things might come to mind, but I don't want to hurt your feelings unnecessarily.

You are, essentially, a sad manifestation of an inferiority complex. It must suck having something like that eating at you all the time.

I think they just got an update on the roof , now their stylin and profilin , That's just how they roll .:p

lucky ducks

Gosh I use to hang out in Waverly, Newbern and New Johnsonville in the early 80s. Humphreys County was nice. Of course the fact I was from Memphis and we (my bank) owned the local bank there didn't help me get to be friend with a lot of local people.

But still.. nice place.

The Vols have a good team. I watch them when I can. Bruce P is a good coach and he whips the fans and team up before a game better than anyone I can remember. He is a good college coach.

Hope the Tigers can keep it close in Knoxville.

I hope Ut has better luck beating the "little brother" than we did this season.
Not talking smack, I do think Ut has a chance to make as good or a better run through the Big Dance this season as they have the last two.

Gosh I use to hang out in Waverly, Newbern and New Johnsonville in the early 80s. Humphreys County was nice. Of course the fact I was from Memphis and we (my bank) owned the local bank there didn't help me get to be friend with a lot of local people.

But still.. nice place.

The Vols have a good team. I watch them when I can. Bruce P is a good coach and he whips the fans and team up before a game better than anyone I can remember. He is a good college coach.

Hope the Tigers can keep it close in Knoxville.

Your from Mem and hung out in Newbern in the 80's . How'd that happen if you dont mind me asking . If you hung out with the Newbern crowd you've probably been to the big tree in Parks bottoms . I was 20 in 1980 , we may have ran into each other.

"May be" appropriate? That's cute - you're trying to downplay how insignificant Memphis is outside of basketball. It's understandable, but it doesn't mean you're any less delusional. Continue beating that drum, my mouth-breathing friend.

I'd venture a guess that a few other things might come to mind, but I don't want to hurt your feelings unnecessarily.

You are, essentially, a sad manifestation of an inferiority complex. It must suck having something like that eating at you all the time.

You are correct my 20 tooth, mullet sporting friend. All of our Final Fours and Elite 8s have made me feel vastly inferior.

Folks that live in "towns" are always quick to point out crime in Memphis. What you hillbillies don't realize is EVERY MAJOR CITY has a crime problem (yes, even Nashville which is ranked as #7 on list of most dangerous cities with populations over 500,000).

If crime is such an issue with you back woods folks, for God's sake don't take your family to see any of the following: The White House or any National monuments, the St. Louis arch, Disneyworld, the SEC Championship Game (if Vols make it again), Empire State building or a Broadway show, INdependence Square, any NFL games (except for Green Bay), any Major League Baseball games, etc.

VN Store

Back