UT vs. Memphis Pregame Discussion

Who will win

• Total voters
Ted I actually think their headed the other way. When they beat Georgetown , I started a thread saying they were final four capable , now I think they'll be lucky to get to the sweet sixteen. JMO

I think I understand where he is going with this. We started off good with quality wins over Georgetown and Marquette. Then hit a slide....winning some close ones but playing pretty poorly in loses to....Kansas, Gonzaga and Kentucky. Then solid win on the road at Georgia (poor program but any sec win on the road is good), great half against South Carolina....yet we let the lead slip away but our team showed up more and showed more promise...and then a great win on the road at Vanderbilt...arguably one of the hardest gyms to play at. So for alot of us Vol fans....we have been up...then down and we see a rise again. I think the Memphis game will tell us alot about the team.

I would hate to have to bet the farm on the outcome . Both teams are talented , It's going to come down to who's hitting their shots.

I would hate to have to bet the farm on the outcome . Both teams are talented , It's going to come down to who's hitting their shots.

I agree with you on that one. Both are young teams with alot of talent. Should be an incredible game....this rivarly is getting special....when it is televised nationally each year that tells you something.

I heard that Greg Gaston was doing an interview on radio yesterday with Coach Pearl in Memphis and asked him apparently a sensitive question (I didn't hear it) and coach hung up on him. Wish I knew what the question was.

I heard Coach Pearl was asked about pulling the full court press off during the Vandy Game. The radio interviewer asked if he was planning to return to the press with Memphis. Coach Pearl asked something like "do you want to know the whole game plan or just this" and then a moment later said goodbye and hung up. He wasn't rude, but maybe a little abrupt. I didn't actually hear the radio show, but I heard about it. I don't think it was a big thing.

Obviously if either team is down tomorrow then that team will probably lose. The Vols have the advantage of home court, so they shouldn't lack inspiration. The question is who wins if both teams play their best tomorrow? I don't know about Tenn, but Memphis has yet to play a game where everyone is doing their best. The thing is, the Vols just might bring that out in Memphis and if they do the game will look alot like last year. Speaking from experience, let me warn you that home court advantage doesn't always mean you win. Sometimes it means you lose by three. My projection, if both teams are playing their best, is Memphis by 3 points. The reason: Tyreke Evans, when he is at his best and playing within the offensive scheme, cannot be stopped from scoring.

I heard Coach Pearl was asked about pulling the full court press off during the Vandy Game. The radio interviewer asked if he was planning to return to the press with Memphis. Coach Pearl asked something like "do you want to know the whole game plan or just this" and then a moment later said goodbye and hung up. He wasn't rude, but maybe a little abrupt. I didn't actually hear the radio show, but I heard about it. I don't think it was a big thing.

Obviously if either team is down tomorrow then that team will probably lose. The Vols have the advantage of home court, so they shouldn't lack inspiration. The question is who wins if both teams play their best tomorrow? I don't know about Tenn, but Memphis has yet to play a game where everyone is doing their best. The thing is, the Vols just might bring that out in Memphis and if they do the game will look alot like last year. Speaking from experience, let me warn you that home court advantage doesn't always mean you win. Sometimes it means you lose by three. My projection, if both teams are playing their best, is Memphis by 3 points. The reason: Tyreke Evans, when he is at his best and playing within the offensive scheme, cannot be stopped from scoring.
All good points. However, if the Vol fans show up it should create a huge problem for the young Tigers. Like I've said before I'm looking for a knock down, drag out back alley brawl. Can't wait.

All good points. However, if the Vol fans show up it should create a huge problem for the young Tigers. Like I've said before I'm looking for a knock down, drag out back alley brawl. Can't wait.

I can't wait either. I am so excited, I am reading both the Memphis and the Vol board!

Obviously if either team is down tomorrow then that team will probably lose.

This isn't entirely true. You can ask anyone that knows me here in Memphis, I said last year that whoever was winning at halftime was going to lose the game. I wasn't saying that to be guessing, I just knew losing at halftime would add more fire to the losing team.

VN Store

Back