UT under potential NCAA investigation for NIL

If Tennessee is the school that officially and publicly tells the NCAA to GFY, I can’t not be a proud fan. 😏
I will be the proudest of fans. The NCAA Gestapo style tactics is complete BS. Choke them to death financially in court with a lawsuit so big it will make their effing eyes water.

I'm that nervous

don-corleone-vito-corleone.gif

Reactions: kcvols1
Sue the NCAA into oblivion. FSU and Florida are already fighting the same kind of NCAA attempt at illegal restraint of trade.

Tell the NCAA to pound sand first.

Nah. We have actual leaders at this school now, they’re not gonna get pushed around by some geriatrics trying to cling to their relevancy with some trumped up, retroactive bs that every school in the country has been engaged in for years. We’ll be fine

From what I understand, and this is purely from watching youtube streamers talk about this. The NCAA is trying to go back and enforce rules that didn't exist at the beginning of NIL. I say "rules" but it was more like "guidelines". It's all BS and Donde is 100% on this. We were one of the schools more prepared for NIL because everyone saw it coming except the NCAA apparently.

We have to not be nervous, those days are over. We have a fighter and a winner in Plowman. It's just time to step up and stand up to the heavy handed bullying from the 'AA at the behest of a few select programs to protect them.

Follow the money. I would not doubt for one second that this assault is funded by folks to the south of us......

The only thing that could get serious is if it turns out someone on staff was orchestrating everything with Spyre. That’s when you might need to worry. But so far, there’s been no evidence to that occurring. And Plowman isn’t a moron; she won’t release a letter like that unless she knows for sure there’s nothing there.

I'm not saying she shouldn't. I'm just seeing that ESPN did an "open records" request and got the letter.

Unless ESPN had some kind of wind of this before, it's doubtful they asked for it and got it today. Also, the fact that they got it and IF they got it really quickly means UT knew this was coming, knew the letter was strong, and knew it would send the message that they wanted.

Donde definitely did the right thing, but I don't think this story just "popped up" out of the blue on reporters. I'll bet there's been rumors and obviously ESPN went digging for the UT to NCAA letter and knew what to ask for.
Finebaum is saying today that its being covered by all kinds of reporters that typically don't cover sports, which is an indication that the NCAA leaked to all of them and is doing this to burnish its image.

Reactions: kcvols1
Saban has had like 20 top 5 classes in a row and used the portal to supplement his roster to the point of having the top rated roster in the nation last yr. I don't think he retired because he was worried that the Bama network wouldn't buy him enough players.
The portal wasn't playing well with Saban. He lost 5 OL and a TE last year, including three projected starters and a second string who played a lot. That's one reason they struggled this year on the OL.

Also, Saban deliberately broke the story to Chris Lowe, and on the SECN Lowe stated five reasons that Saban retired. One of them was the portal. He said that Saban was talking about retirement rumors and how he would assure players he was staying even though he might not, and he said he turned it around on one player and said "are you coming back next year?". The player said "Maybe". And Saban then indicated he did not like that.

Make no mistake, the portal has made bama's talent advantage far less. This season was hardly dominant for bama, they were very fortunate the make the playoffs.

Which is another reason Lowe listed of the five...that Saban realizes this might be the best he can do from here on out if he wants to retire on top.

Oh boy. I haven't been on all day and 27 pages is a lot. Anyone care to catch me up?
Pat Forde is a douchebag.

Either UT is facing the SMU level death penalty or Donde Plowman is going to take down the NCAA depending on the poster in this thread.

It's apparently over an NIL "violation" that Spyre arranged a plane for Nico during recruiting.

I don't know how they even define a recruiting violation anymore with the NIL and apparently the NCAA is having trouble with it as well.

VN Store

Back