UT under potential NCAA investigation for NIL

As inept as they are, it's virtually certain UT handed it to them. I think this story "broke" just like UT wanted it to break.

Will the NCAA back down? Will they "close the case" and move on? Will they want to fight?

I've really no idea but I think UT has a plan and is taking it to the public and other schools, perhaps, to put the NCAA on its heels.
I don't think the NCAA fears the publicity. It makes them seem relevant.

And that is why any school that takes them to court over NIL will clean their clock. Heck the Supreme Court voted 9-0 against them, to get that court to vote 9-0 on anything says it all.
I bet this is a rival sounds like Ramabama.. at the bottom of this 😂… Donde is a little too woke for me at times, but I do believe she is a professional and of upstanding character and a dang good Chancellor, and she would not put her reputation on the line by saying ‘this is BS’, if it were not a BS accusation

Last edited:
Spyre was too Wild West with Nico. Ultimately the violations they’re accusing us of making were not explicitly forbidden at the time, but some individuals in Spyre were too reckless in sharing information with friends during Nico’s recruitment. It’s too early to bet on outcomes, but I think it will end with warnings or apologies, not penalties. We shall see. I hope the specific clowns are held accountable for what they did.

lol it’s not too early to predict outcomes. NCAA either apologizes to us and moves on, or they get their ass destroyed in court. 2 simple outcomes. Nothing else is even feasible. If the violations weren’t forbidden at the time, there’s zero case here. That’s as easy as an court case could go, open then shut immediately. lol

Last edited:
lol it’s not too early to predict outcomes. NCAA either apologizes to us and moves on, or they get their ass destroyed in court. 2 simple outcomes. Nothing else is even feasible.
Or they say they investigated and nothing there. I think they sniff for a month and walk away.

How can it be a “violation” if it’s not specifically forbidden? They’re further highlighting their incompetence of not having clear rules in place for governing NIL.
Factually, an individual bragged about picking up Nico in a private plane, and rolling out the red carpet and spending money for his NIL recruitment. Should we tell them to stuff it? Yes. Was one of Spyres donors stupid? Yes. Is it lack of control? No. This knucklehead shouldn’t have bragged and we wouldn’t be here. I can tell you that most people in the AD and in Spyre are really pissed at both the NCAA and this individual.

Time to go scorched earth against ncaa … time to start fund for legal attacks .. leave no stone unturned .. hell let’s get personal and hire private investigators to look into the personal business dealings of the ncaa leaders

Or they say they investigated and nothing there. I think they sniff for a month and walk away.

I give them a couple weeks at most. Think that statement from Donde has already shook them. They know they have no case here, they’re just tryna look like they haven’t lost control with NIL and all this.

I bet this is a rival sounds like Ramabama.. at the bottom of this 😂… Donde is a little too woke for me at times, but I do believe she is a professional and of upstanding character and a dang good Chancellor, and she would not put her reputation on the line by saying ‘this is BS’, if it were not a BS accusation
Well it if she is wrong about this….she’ll be gone. I’m betting on her.

Paul Finebaum said the two reporters that broke the Tennessee story are big time reporters. He was very surprised.
One is MSNBC, one New York Times. These are reporters that cover Trump investigations etc.
Obviously this was leaked to them, most likely someone in the NCAA. They are not people that normally report on sports stories.

Spyre was too Wild West with Nico. Ultimately the violations they’re accusing us of making were not explicitly forbidden at the time, but some individuals in Spyre were too reckless in sharing information with friends during Nico’s recruitment. It’s too early to bet on outcomes, but I think it will end with warnings or apologies, not penalties. We shall see. I hope the specific clowns are held accountable for what they did.
I recall another thread where folks here wanted Spyre to "open up about where every penny of the money goes" and of course that's never a good idea when it comes to recruiting and never has been. The less said has always been better. If folks don't want to donate because of that, I get it, but the less I know about how the sausage is made, the better it usually tastes.

Hopefully Spyre has reined in those with big mouths. Recruiting money and procedures should retain some of the "dark arts" magic it used to have even if it's officially above board now.

lol it’s not too early to predict outcomes. NCAA either apologizes to us and moves on, or they get their ass destroyed in court. 2 simple outcomes. Nothing else is even feasible. If the violations weren’t forbidden at the time, there’s zero case here. That’s as easy as a court case could go, open then shut immediately. lol
I’m trying to bring information to a conversation for those who are interested. I know the idiot who brought this down on us. I am sorry I also activated your shock collar.

Carson is being paid well but not by the collective. He's going to be doing legit endorsement deals. I don't know if he'll be a Doctor Pepper guy or not but he, like Stetson Bennett and Brock Bowers. will make a lot of money based on their true NIL.
But, he is deliberating on whether to come back to GA based on the value of the NIL. That, according to the numb nuts at the NCAA is against the rules.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols

VN Store

Back