UT under potential NCAA investigation for NIL

If this story came from anyone other that Forde, I would give it some credibility. The NCAA has said that there is no investigation into Tennessee. This is just Forde's usual anti-Tennessee clickbait. I would say it is nothing but lies. I wonder which coach asked Forde to write this nonsense to try and slow down Vols' recruiting. Shameful.
Forde does have a mole in the NCAA office or they just leak crap to him intentionally.....

Tennessee is taking the point on this fight and fired not across the NCAA bow, but broadside into their business. I wouldn't be surprised if NCAA man Baker had no idea this was even going on. He's a politician by trade, I believe, and not necessarily a detail man. NCAA is gonna lose this in court (again) if they don't back down. Regardless, they look more foolish than they have ever before - and that is a pretty tall order.

Florida, Florida State, Michigan and several others are in a similar boat with this stuff, and likely to be more. The NCAA has lost at every turn regarding NIL and the legal precedent is pretty well settled in that regard. There doesn’t seem to be a friendly state or federal district in the country, red or blue, that’s going to be friendly to the arguments that the NCAA has made thus far on the NIL question.

Unless they have something major, which it doesn’t appear that they do at this point, it seems they are throwing everything at the wall to see if something sticks.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
That sh*t happens all up and down the Atlantic seaboard bro, not just the Gulf. You should reconsider your position.
My “position” is of what possible concern to you?
I was simply making a statement. You chose to respond.
Scrolling on down simply works.
Good day!

WHAT the NCAA is facing:

1) super conferences telling them to screw off
2) then NCAA just oversees Group of 5 or whatever it is down to now
3) NCAA schools have no revenue, no tv contracts and no high level bowl games/national championship
4) NCAA/Group of 5 must crawl to the super conferences to schedule them to make budget.

Ha. NCAA is toast. One question: are the CFP deals tied to the NCAA or can it be contractually dissolved without the super conferences?

Reactions: feathersax
I said once before this NIL is just in the infancy stage. Just wait and see the looming disaster this going to be

Maybe this is the way out of the big time football business for the NCAA. They know they cant do anything. Kavanaugh told them "dont come back here" with any limitations on NIL. Schools will sue the crap outta them and they cant fight. Plus theyd spend all their money in court and Lord knows they love their money.

They are trying to penalize schools for actions that occurred before their NIL guidelines were made. Good luck making that hold up.

The leadership at UT is making this possible. Admit when you've done wrong and work towards an equitable solution. But if you're not wrong you announce it loudly and go bash some skulls
This is a far cry from what we’ve seen in the past. A complete change in the tone and tactics and it’s refreshing to see.

This is the NCAA’s Ardenne’s offensive, to use a historical comparison. They know they’ve lost, but one last push to try to claim some relevancy and try to broker some measure of power over their future.

View attachment 616108
What does scarce mean? deficient in quantity or number compared with the demand : not plentiful or abundant. 2. : intentionally absent.

So no evidence, or LOA sent to school, but yet multiple sports teams are under “investigation”? No word of what teams it any details, just someone slinging **** to see what sticks. It’s a known fact that Forde hasn’t liked the Vols since the Cunzo Martin firing, and Schiano ordeal. He wrote hit lives and drug UT through the mud for years after both ordeals. Screw this guy and the bankrupt SI. I hope UT file lawsuits against both.
Zo wasn’t fired. They tried to extend him. A fan internet poll started talking heads butthurt.

Reactions: E-Tizzle
I would imagine that not only would the NCAA be sued by schools, but collectively by players affected by any punishment that affects their NIL deals. The NCAA would get destroyed if it went to court. I would imagine that it wouldn’t be simply a civil case, but potentially a criminal case at that point.

Reactions: feathersax
I don't know NIL rules, and probably wouldn't understand them if I read them. I seem to recall that Missouri passed legislation that will enable Missouri universities the ability to sign high schoolers to NIL deals if they promise to sign with a Missouri school. If they don't, the money would have to be paid back. Isn't that pretty much buying the players? How can that be legal? NIL will be the death of college athletics. And just to be clear, I do approve of the athletes getting paid for appearances, their name, image, or likeness being on shirts, hats, jackets, whatever it may be.

Reactions: volfeeva
No it was handled by the admin as it should have been. People doing their job isn't "luck"

Lucky is what happened to unc

We escaped by the skin of our teeth. Luck might not be the right word, but “extremely fortunate” is certainly apropos.

VN Store

Back