UT under potential NCAA investigation for NIL

They are saying it’s over the Nico dea, but they were on the ****ing campus when he committed. They were on campus when he signed. They were investigating every part of the football program including Spyre when he was already getting payed. But now almost a year later and 6 months after glowing about how good Tennessees leadership is, and how much they have improved over the last three years. Now they decide to investigate and try to **** Tennessee over in something they knew was going on.

I hope Plowman and everyone at Tennessee does anything it takes to shove this right up the Ncaas ass

Your average journalist would wait until he had some details before running with a story .... Forde freely admits that he didn't have any, but ran with it anyway. Would he have done the same if it involved Louisville? Look at how precious little Forde reported on the Pitino scandals and get back to me on that.
This will probably be nothing but forde wants to be known as the first to report on it just in case it is something. Didn't he get fired from at at least 2 places?

Reactions: tbwhhs
They already have:

Tenn. Code § 49-7-2803

An athletic association's governing actions, sanctions, bylaws, and rules must not interfere with an intercollegiate athlete's ability to earn compensation in accordance with this part and must not otherwise impact an intercollegiate athlete's eligibility or full participation in intercollegiate athletic events, unless the intercollegiate athlete has committed a violation of the rules of an institution or an athletic association or chapter 845 of the Public Acts of 2022 is invalidated or rendered unenforceable by operation of law.

NCAA must be really trying to push the buttons to find a friendly court somewhere that will take their side on something.

I don’t even think this is about hammering schools, but rather trying to force litigation so they can carve out their own piece of the pie of the NIL landscape and ensure they stay relevant going forward.

Big guns are out. Good sign that the University, power brokers, and the legal teams are digging in heels and telling the NCAA to (“mess) around, find out.”

Would be interesting to see the NCAA continue their long standing tradition of losing in court over NIL and we stick the dagger in its rotten corpse.

Looks bad. Go to VolQuest and see Donde Plowman's letter to the NCAA. She's taking it seriously, and apparently, investigators have been on campus 6 months interviewing people.

edit: wow, the posts are coming fast..lol. my news got old while I was typing.

Looks bad. Go to VolQuest and see Donde Plowman's letter to the NCAA. She's taking it seriously, and apparently, investigators have been on campus 6 months interviewing people
Donde plowman has admitted when the university has ****ed up every time. She’s not doing that this time. She is telling the ncaa to lawyer up because she is not ****ing around with them this time.

Looks bad. Go to VolQuest and see Donde Plowman's letter to the NCAA. She's taking it seriously, and apparently, investigators have been on campus 6 months interviewing people

Might explain Heupel’s kind of reserved demeanor for most of the season.

Just finally glad to see the University, at least at this point, fighting back publicly. That’s huge. Normally it’s “we don’t think we did anything wrong, but we will cooperate because we value the NCAA blah blah blah”.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Tennessee is taking the point on this fight and fired not across the NCAA bow, but broadside into their business. I wouldn't be surprised if NCAA man Baker had no idea this was even going on. He's a politician by trade, I believe, and not necessarily a detail man. NCAA is gonna lose this in court (again) if they don't back down. Regardless, they look more foolish than they have ever before - and that is a pretty tall order.

Reactions: kcvols1

VN Store

Back