UT under potential NCAA investigation for NIL

college football has always been pay for play. NIL just levels the playing field
It does not and will not level the playing field. Do you think say miss st nil can spend like Texas, or Oregon. There is as far as I know, no cap. Think about how is ever going to be level. Just like the Yankees of old, they won every year because they had the most money and could pay players to sit on their bench, just so other teams couldn’t have them. Levels the playing field my ass

Maybe it’s nothing more than the NCAA trying to learn how a word class NIL program works so they can write that up as their standard. I mean the definition of β€œinvestigation” is simply to discover the facts.

if that is the case, then just shut down all of college sports, because I suspect all 130 something schools doing it. Might as well investigate every school then.

The Gulf of Mexico?

Chris rock what the **** da fuq GIF on GIFER - by Kataur
Hurricanes and rain and humidity

I bet my dad way back when Nico committed to Tennessee that another NCAA investigation would be imminent. Sadly, it sounds like it’s almost time to collect. Lol.

NCAA: β€œSorry Nico, you should have gone to UGA because Tennessee isn’t allowed to have nice things.”

Didn't forde write an article about the ncaa's decision on UT raising hell about how Tennessee got off easy.
Your average journalist would wait until he had some details before running with a story .... Forde freely admits that he didn't have any, but ran with it anyway. Would he have done the same if it involved Louisville? Look at how precious little Forde reported on the Pitino scandals and get back to me on that.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
I think it's nothing, we finished 13th in are class this year and if you're telling me, we cheated then the 12 other schools should be investigated to. Ohio State has spend 11 million in the transfer portal for goodness sake ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
What is this?

Home  X.png
What does scarce mean? deficient in quantity or number compared with the demand : not plentiful or abundant. 2. : intentionally absent.

So no evidence, or LOA sent to school, but yet multiple sports teams are under β€œinvestigation”? No word of what teams it any details, just someone slinging **** to see what sticks. It’s a known fact that Forde hasn’t liked the Vols since the Cunzo Martin firing, and Schiano ordeal. He wrote hit lives and drug UT through the mud for years after both ordeals. Screw this guy and the bankrupt SI. I hope UT file lawsuits against both.

It does not and will not level the playing field. Do you think say miss st nil can spend like Texas, or Oregon. There is as far as I know, no cap. Think about how is ever going to be level. Just like the Yankees of old, they won every year because they had the most money and could pay players to sit on their bench, just so other teams couldn’t have them. Levels the playing field my ass
if Miss St actually wanted to be a serious program they most certainly could. maybe i should clarify--it levels the playing field for programs that want to be serious about football.

We're not talking about hundreds of millions of dollars here. we're talking $10 million tops

The only thing schools are allowed to do (wink, wink) is show a prospect athlete what someone on the team makes at their position.

You are correct states have passed laws allowing HS athletes to make money (that’s a slippery slope of HS kids being bought to play across town) but any kid that does so, is in violation of NCAA laws. Legal by HS measure, illegal by NCAA measure. (Try to make sense of that). However, 9 State AGs currently have a lawsuit against NCAA for this matter, interested to see how it plays out.

Everything I have read says that NIL status of HS athletes doesn't affect their NCAA eligibility.

VN Store

Back