UT "self reports" NCAA violations

One can't help but wonder this. And did Fulmer self report this, or do the coaches report this to him or someone else. Wonder if this is Pruitts way of saying back off?

As men were prideful and no one wants to be told how to their job. I'm sure Pruitt appreciates it, but at the same time it would have to be annoying too maybe?
Reading the linked article may just give you a little insight into the answers you seek.

One can't help but wonder this. And did Fulmer self report this, or do the coaches report this to him or someone else. Wonder if this is Pruitts way of saying back off?

As men were prideful and no one wants to be told how to their job. I'm sure Pruitt appreciates it, but at the same time it would have to be annoying too maybe?
Can't imagine anyone on staff reporting this. It would be like reporting the CEO of the company you work for. It better be big, or be quiet.

Since we are going to speculate, how about the other take. Maybe he self reports it knowing it was minor and nothing would happen. Maybe he did it much more but only reported once....

Fulmer coached our linemen. Explains a lot.
I'm going to just assume you're too young to know that at one time, say '80-'93, Phillip Fulmer was considered the best offensive line coaching walking around on this big ball of rock and mud we call earth. I will gladly argue to this day, that if Fulmer had kept coaching the offensive line (while HC) that his coaching tenure would have concluded much differently. Not only did we suffer through a few OL coaches infinitely his inferior, but he would have been more involved in the football and less in the admin/politics of running the program. Without our decline, both UF and Bama would have had different trajectories '02 - present day.

One can't help but wonder why people who make silly posts don't bother to read the article. It would have told you that Fulmer turned himself in.

Reactions: mtowntim
I'm going to just assume you're too young to know that at one time, say '80-'93, Phillip Fulmer was considered the best offensive line coaching walking around on this big ball of rock and mud we call earth. I will gladly argue to this day, that if Fulmer had kept coaching the offensive line (while HC) that his coaching tenure would have concluded much differently. Not only did we suffer through a few OL coaches infinitely his inferior, but he would have been more involved in the football and less in the admin/politics of running the program. Without our decline, both UF and Bama would have had different trajectories '02 - present day.
The game changed and passed him by. It's that simple. The straight ahead blocking of the 80's is gone. There is a reason he is not a coach.

The game changed and passed him by. It's that simple. The straight ahead blocking of the 80's is gone. There is a reason he is not a coach.
They did not run straight ahead blocking. They did not run a zone blocking scheme, but they ran power on the line. Multiple pulling guards or tackles. The O-Line play was never an issue in that time frame.

They did not run straight ahead blocking. They did not run a zone blocking scheme, but they ran power on the line. Multiple pulling guards or tackles. The O-Line play was never an issue in that time frame.
What was the issue IYO? I just gave my opinion on Fulmer, the game passed him by. Can you say the OL product we displayed this year benefited from his coaching? Tell me what a good job he did.

Level 3 violations aren't a big deal. A handful of them occur every year at most major programs. If you don't self report is when it can become an issue. A program that self reports a handful of these every year generally appears like it has a good compliance program. This keeps the NCAA from knocking on your door.

What was the issue IYO? I just gave my opinion on Fulmer, the game passed him by. Can you say the OL product we displayed this year benefited from his coaching? Tell me what a good job he did.

According to the article, he coached two players for less than 30 seconds.

However, in the 30 seconds that Phil Fulmer spent coaching those two players, the offensive line was able to give JG one half of one second (0.5 seconds) after the snap to get rid of the ball. If Fulmer had not spent 30 seconds coaching two players, JG would have had only 0.4833 seconds (repeating of course) to get rid of the ball.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded

"the game changed and passed him by.......it's that simple." LMAO. "straight ahead blocking of the 80's is gone" Stop, just stop.

Reactions: DixieVol

How could they have benefited from 30 seconds of instruction?

Meanwhile Butch the intern actively coaches on national television during the NCG.
As much as I despise Botch the Bitch, I believe it was legal under rules because there were coaching vacancies that opened on the staff due to folks leaving for head coach jobs, etc.

VN Store

Back