UT "self reports" NCAA violations

If only the NCAA read VN they could have learned about this months ago, there were pictures in the Fingers threads this summer and in season that showed Fulmer at practice, in sweats, apparently coaching.

If that O-line coach saw the lines Fulmer produced in his coaching days they should be begging for help.
It just means that we care about winning so bring back the Fulmer Cup imho

(lol)
Still remember that fumblerooski call that Fulmer made on Miss St.

I'd take Johnny / Fulmer and Cut back!!

Dang,
I'm getting to be an ole fart???

If only the NCAA read VN they could have learned about this months ago, there were pictures in the Fingers threads this summer and in season that showed Fulmer at practice, in sweats, apparently coaching.

You know... there's only ONE letter difference between "violation" and "VolNation" ....

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
I know everyone is dismissing this as minor and mocking it, but I really wish Fulmer had not done this. It's not a good look for your athletic director to be knowingly violating even minor NCAA rules. Fulmer has the ultimate responsibility, along with the UT president, to monitor the football program for NCAA rules compliance. It doesn't help establish that we are running a clean program with unimpeachable compliance oversight when our AD is knowingly violating the rules on the number of permissible on-field coaches. The NCAA's duplicity and buffoonery are well noted, and I am not defending that organization. But we as Vols fans have taken pride that we have not run our program in a cheating manner like the Bammers and Kentucky basketball. I would prefer not to take even a minor hit to our better-than-average reputation by having Fulmer's marginal "help" with the offensive linemen.

They do like them some Fulmer, me not so much. Still waiting on people to tell me what a good coach he IS. Would you like to make the case that Fulmer would be a great OL coach today to refute my opinion that the game passed him by?
So by extension, your parents were great while you lived with them now but not so much since you moved out (assuming you don't live in their basement)? Stupid analogy. The game may have passed him by due to complacency, but coaching basics with linemen hasn't changed that much especially since he was most likely just helping reinforce what was being taught. I am fairly sure he would still make a decent OL coach.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
The game hasn't changed in the trenches. Blocking schemes came and went and then resurfaced all within the 30 years he spent playing and coaching lines and those same techniques and schemes will continue to cycle. The game passing him by wasn't the problem for CPF. He simply got too far removed from the pure football side of it and for whatever reason as he did, the attention to detail and the accountability within the program waned. He didn't forget how to drive, he just took his foot off the gas without realizing it or meaning to.
Perfectly said $97.99!!!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
How do you know know he “had” to step in? I just took it as CPF is a coach at heart and misses it, plus wanting to help.

I bet this is why Friend didn't get the OC position. Pruitt had planned to promote Friend, but after Fulmer having to step in and completely take over practices during season, he said hale naw, I'm gonna find somebody else for you.

Its all making sense now.

I bet this is why Friend didn't get the OC position. Pruitt had planned to promote Friend, but after Fulmer having to step in and completely take over practices during season, he said hale naw, I'm gonna find somebody else for you.

Its all making sense now.

Can’t have your choice of OC look bad on you. That’s why he had to settle on Chaney, instead of his first choice.

So with this Bama should be self reporting the same stuff with Butch when he roaming the sidelines as an off field anylast. We all know he not asking them what they want to eat even though he prolly be more suited for that than a football coach

Reactions: AM64
So with this Bama should be self reporting the same stuff with Butch when he roaming the sidelines as an off field anylast. We all know he not asking them what they want to eat even though he prolly be more suited for that than a football coach

NCAA considers that a violation of "Common Sense!"

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back