UT Responds to NCAA Allegations

Fired Tennessee Volunteers football coach Jeremy Pruitt ADMITS he gave player's mother as much as $400 in a Chick-fil-A bag... but he defends his actions and insists 'it was the human thing, the right thing to do'

Former Tennessee football coach Jeremy Pruitt has admitted to giving as much as $400 in a Chick-fil-A bag to the mother of a player in violation of NCAA rules back two years ago, before he was fired amid a wave of accusations in early 2021.

Fired Tennessee football coach Jeremy Pruitt ADMITS he gave player's mother $400 in Chick-fil-A bag | Daily Mail Online

Attachments

• 3F5A768B-7AB6-41B7-9D95-9740F92B1F71.jpeg
    3F5A768B-7AB6-41B7-9D95-9740F92B1F71.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: feathersax
Pruitt handing out cash in Chick-Fil-A bags because "it was the human thing, the right thing to do." He comes by the nickname "Corn Bread" honestly.

Fired Tennessee football coach Jeremy Pruitt ADMITS he gave player's mother $400 in Chick-fil-A bag | Daily Mail Online
"It was the human thing to do" has to be the worst excuse I've ever heard. Every coach with a hint of common sense tells somebody to call somebody, who then calls somebody else who does the "human thing". Anybody knows a head coach can't be within 10 miles of pay for play or he won't be around very long to do "human things".

"It was the human thing to do" has to be the worst excuse I've ever heard. Every coach with a hint of common sense tells somebody to call somebody, who then calls somebody else who does the "human thing". A friggin' head coach can't be within 10 miles of pay for play.
Correct. Even if Pruitt wanted to give personal money to a player's family for humanitarian reasons, he needs to give it to someone who gives it to someone, etc.

I don't think the NCAA is going to see his "human thing to do" as anything but what it is: BS.

I'm sorry but people are breathing into a bag over $60,000 measly dollars from a coach who is making Millions and a program that makes tens of millions? Meanwhile, athletes get no extra ability to earn - even those who are poor and providers for their families?

None of this in any way lessens Pruitt's guilt for being a scumbag taught at the feet of Saban. Or his stupidity for being sloppy and getting caught doing what other programs have been doing for as long as can be remembered.

But to me, this just shows what a joke the entire idea of college sports became. How utterly hypocritical for people to clutch their collective pearls while everyone but the students risking life and limb are collecting millions of dollars. This is no longer the Jim Thorpe or Knute Rockne era. Students are getting serious sponsorships for CORNHOLE for heavens sake.

I can see where the "for cause" clause in Pruitt's contract was invoked in his firing. The University shouldn't owe the guy a penny of buyout. Unfortunately there'll probably be a settlement of sorts.

It's a shame there aren't stiffer penalties that could be enforced. These types of Rules violations will continue in sport because so much emphasis on winning and so much money in the pot.

Pruitt will not get a dime. Seems like Fulmer may have some cause, but he wrote all of that in Pruitt’s contract.

From my understanding the NCAA is going to lower the hammer on Pruitt as well (coaching ban) and figure the SEC would jump in as well, if someone wants to hire him as a DC.

lol
They guy paid off all those players and the team still sucked.

He’s been very positive about UT recently in his interviews. I bet they are negotiating a settlement right now.
Part of me seeing some of his comments is just doing the smart thing. Typically coaches that are over the top salty and say what’s on their mind universities may never feel comfortable hiring someone like that. If he takes the perceived high road once all this NCAA stuff clears he may have perceived image of sees the bigger picture and won’t go scorched earth in the event our school hires him and yet down the road has to fire them. Their agents will likely recommend that course of action. What good comes from his reputation if he tries to bury us with himself? Cuts nose off despite his his face.

Sport J did a podcast about this on You Tube and said that Pruitt giving $300 for a mother to have a hip operation was the right thing to do.

I think the question on everyone’s mind is was there a sandwich or nugs in the bag?

He’s been very positive about UT recently in his interviews. I bet they are negotiating a settlement right now.
Exactly what crossed my mind after some of his latest comments. He's playing nice to get what he wants. Would also explain why we haven't heard more from his lawyer.

Wow. Two years at least after the fact. Justice is swift in the NC2A. <-- blue

VN Store

Back