UT Responds to NCAA Allegations

I can see where the "for cause" clause in Pruitt's contract was invoked in his firing. The University shouldn't owe the guy a penny of buyout. Unfortunately there'll probably be a settlement of sorts.

It's a shame there aren't stiffer penalties that could be enforced. These types of Rules violations will continue in sport because so much emphasis on winning and so much money in the pot.

I can see where the "for cause" clause in Pruitt's contract was invoked in his firing. The University shouldn't owe the guy a penny of buyout. Unfortunately there'll probably be a settlement of sorts.

It's a shame there aren't stiffer penalties that could be enforced. These types of Rules violations will continue in sport because so much emphasis on winning and so much money in the pot.

Imo, the univ should put a 3 mil check on the table along with a statement accepting full responsibility for his actions and the actions of his coaches as well as a confidentiality agreement. Since the NCAA considers the HC as part of the institutional control process, you don't want a loose cannon with an axe to grind contradicting the official response.

Reactions: Sarms58
Imo, the univ should put a 3 mil check on the table along with a statement accepting full responsibility for his actions and the actions of his coaches as well as a confidentiality agreement. Since the NCAA considers the HC as part of the institutional control process, you don't want a loose cannon with an axe to grind contradicting the official response.

Plus it gets this thing in the rear view mirror. Time to let go and let Jeremy go back to the DC at Bama.

What's obscene is that we've cleaned house from coaches to admin to players. We've done the "investigation" and self-reporting for them. It's coming up on 2 damned year....YEARS...and this BS is still hanging around our necks like a millstone. If this doesn't tell you everything you need to know about the ncaa, I don't know what will. And we're not the only example. Collegiate sports needs to scrap the entire thing and start fresh. What the ncaa was intended to be and what it's become are not even remotely similar.

Sadly UT will probably end up with a bowl ban, which was why this season was so important for everyone.

Remember that time that Pruitt’s attorney threatened to reveal all of the dirt he had on UT if they didn’t pay him in full by a certain deadline? Whatever happened to that clown?

Reactions: volfeeva and Flovol

I feel like you are spot on with this take however I hope Tennessee fights this as much as possible.

Notice how the NCAA nor anyone else was interested in who taught Pruitt these techniques? Let's face it, he had stops in Athens and Tuscaloosa long before he set foot on The Hill. No one, even the sports media has thought to ask him either.

I think this is something that Tennessee could pursue in settling the contract dispute with coach Pruitt. How much does he want to recoup some of his buyout? Would he be willing to go public with "what he knows"

I think this is something that Tennessee could pursue in settling the contract dispute with coach Pruitt. How much does he want to recoup some of his buyout? Would he be willing to go public with "what he knows"
He’s been very positive about UT recently in his interviews. I bet they are negotiating a settlement right now.

What's obscene is that we've cleaned house from coaches to admin to players. We've done the "investigation" and self-reporting for them. It's coming up on 2 damned year....YEARS...and this BS is still hanging around our necks like a millstone. If this doesn't tell you everything you need to know about the ncaa, I don't know what will. And we're not the only example. Collegiate sports needs to scrap the entire thing and start fresh. What the ncaa was intended to be and what it's become are not even remotely similar.
It’s totally ridiculous.. it’s malfeasance on the NCAAs part at this point

Handing the NCAA the knife they will use to stab you with has always resulted in being stabbed in the past. Since the NCAA is a paper tiger with no real investigative power, fighting each point has always be the best strategy.

Notice how the NCAA nor anyone else was interested in who taught Pruitt these techniques? Let's face it, he had stops in Athens and Tuscaloosa long before he set foot on The Hill. No one, even the sports media has thought to ask him either.
What happens if his answer is Phil Fulmer?

Reactions: Big Al Orange
The NCAA is a joke.

The university cleaned house on the administrative side and the football staff side. The university has regained institutional control and is following the rules.

The kids who took money transferred to other schools where they still get to start and no one seems to be questioning.

The kids at Tennessee were not involved.

Any punishment or bowl ban is ridiculous in my opinion. The problem has been fixed. Why punish the innocent and fans??

Reactions: feathersax
What happens if his answer is Phil Fulmer?

Rush Probst Iyam. The truth of the matter is there has always been legal and somewhat legal ways for programs to get money to prospects and their parents and every head coach in D1 knows these methods. Most will participate and very few won't.

The problem with Pruitt is that he is a sociopath and only one man (Saban) can manage him at all. Simply put, if he wanted to get money to kids for any reason, he didn't have to stuff fast food bags with cash. He could have simply found a friend of the kid in the area and had a bag man deliver money to that friend. It would have been slimy but he would have been at 2 arms lengths away. He's a great DB coach and maybe a great DC but if you hire him, you'd better have a plan for managing him because he isn't capable of managing himself.

no settlement with Pruitt. not a penny to him.

Sadly UT will probably end up with a bowl ban, which was why this season was so important for everyone.
doubt it.

Rush Probst Iyam. The truth of the matter is there has always been legal and somewhat legal ways for programs to get money to prospects and their parents and every head coach in D1 knows these methods. Most will participate and very few won't.

The problem with Pruitt is that he is a sociopath and only one man (Saban) can manage him at all. Simply put, if he wanted to get money to kids for any reason, he didn't have to stuff fast food bags with cash. He could have simply found a friend of the kid in the area and had a bag man deliver money to that friend. It would have been slimy but he would have been at 2 arms lengths away. He's a great DB coach and maybe a great DC but if you hire him, you'd better have a plan for managing him because he isn't capable of managing himself.
I think that's extremely accurate. Everybody knows crap like this was happening everywhere, but it takes a special kind of ego and/or stupidity to not think it through better than Pruitt did.

Fired Tennessee Volunteers football coach Jeremy Pruitt ADMITS he gave player's mother as much as $400 in a Chick-fil-A bag... but he defends his actions and insists 'it was the human thing, the right thing to do'

Former Tennessee football coach Jeremy Pruitt has admitted to giving as much as $400 in a Chick-fil-A bag to the mother of a player in violation of NCAA rules back two years ago, before he was fired amid a wave of accusations in early 2021.

Fired Tennessee football coach Jeremy Pruitt ADMITS he gave player's mother $400 in Chick-fil-A bag | Daily Mail Online

VN Store

Back