'20 UT ILB Noah Sewell (Oregon commit)

I believe 8 wins this year gives CJP a chance to sway some recruits and with 9 wins a strong chance to end up in the top 10. Not getting to Top Five this year unless Bama or UGA meltdown in the season, which is unlikely. Clemson, Bama, LSU, OSU & UGA are currently top five. UGA will likely move into the top 3. No way for UT to catch any of those this year, plus TAMU is just outside Top 5 and Jimbo is a d*mn good recruiter in his own right.

9 wins this year and avoid getting stomped by the big boys during the season? We will be just fine with the ’20 class.

Knowing our luck, UGA will absolutely dominate ND.
Actually, don’t you think UT is pulling for UGA to blowout ND? UGA has an off week after that game as well. I’m sure Pruitt would love everyone patting the Ga players on the back for two weeks making them overconfident before having to travel to one of the hardest places in CFB to play in Neyland.

If most on here are correct (I think UT has a good chance of a W) but if UT loses to Florida and has two weeks to stew, it’s 2004 all over again. AU had just beat UT at Neyland and UGA had blown out Saban’s LSU team, the next week, Ga is flat, TN is pumped and they come out with a W.

Actually, don’t you think UT is pulling for UGA to blowout ND? UGA has an off week after that game as well. I’m sure Pruitt would love everyone patting the Ga players on the back for two weeks making them overconfident before having to travel to one of the hardest places in CFB to play in Neyland.

If most on here are correct (I think UT has a good chance of a W) but if UT loses to Florida and has two weeks to stew, it’s 2004 all over again. AU had just beat UT at Neyland and UGA had blown out Saban’s LSU team, the next week, Ga is flat, TN is pumped and they come out with a W.
two different rosters back then though.

i do agree, i think everything should be status quo for Georgia. i don't necessarily "want" them to win against ND.

but i don't want them to have two weeks to stew about a L before coming to Knoxville either.

Uh no I hope you guys lose every game especially the one that has incredible playoff implications with Notre Dame. Yall lose to them, come to us deflated then we spank your overrated cheeks by 60 points.

Reactions: secking
two different rosters back then though.

i do agree, i think everything should be status quo for Georgia. i don't necessarily "want" them to win against ND.

but i don't want them to have two weeks to stew about a L before coming to Knoxville either.
Yeah, it could work both ways. It will be the hype game that week, ND doesn’t play anyone with a pulse before UGA, so unless Vandy upsets UGA, both teams will be ranked top 10, 8 pm night game. It was the first game CBS picked. If UGA loses, they will be ticked and focused. Same for TN, depending how the UF game goes, I can see UT playing their best coming out fired up against UGA.

Reactions: InstrumentalVol
Yeah, it could work both ways. It will be the hype game that week, ND doesn’t play anyone with a pulse before UGA, so unless Vandy upsets UGA, both teams will be ranked top 10, 8 pm night game. It was the first game CBS picked. If UGA loses, they will be ticked and focused. Same for TN, depending how the UF game goes, I can see UT playing their best coming out fired up against UGA.
i really wish UGA didn't have a bye before us. :)

i'm hoping our game is huge w/us coming off an upset win in Gainesville, 4-0, and UGA coming to town.

that'd be fun. hope we get to find out.

i really wish UGA didn't have a bye before us. :)

i'm hoping our game is huge w/us coming off an upset win in Gainesville, 4-0, and UGA coming to town.

that'd be fun. hope we get to find out.
I’m going to be completely honest here. I was very firm in my AU/TN pick last year, I was 100 confident in it. I’m pretty confident UT will be a Lot better this year and the gators are reading their clippings and they think they are top 10, I don’t. Their schedule does set up nicely on the front end, but 9-3 is where I see them, maybe 8-4.

On the UT/UF game, my only hesitation here, is the fact that it is in Gainesville and the mental aspects UT seems to have with UF. Can you overcome both? The mental hurdle AND it being on the road? I think you can, but it gives me hesitation, lots of it. Otherwise, I’d be screaming UT wins that game.

Look at this matchup, they are very thin at CB, starters are good, no real depth and if Huggins is gone, it’s even worse and they (unfortunately) had another CB go down with a season ending injury this week. Now, think of who the UT receivers are (I do like the UF receivers as well), but if UF gets banged up at all in the secondary, they are in big trouble and UT has the WRs to really exploit that. Will be something to watch, let’s revisit the week of to check on the health of their secondary that week. I’m sooo close to picking UT.

I’m going to be completely honest here. I was very firm in my AU/TN pick last year, I was 100 confident in it. I’m pretty confident UT will be a Lot better this year and the gators are reading their clippings and they think they are top 10, I don’t. Their schedule does set up nicely on the front end, but 9-3 is where I see them, maybe 8-4.

On the UT/UF game, my only hesitation here, is the fact that it is in Gainesville and the mental aspects UT seems to have with UF. Can you overcome both? The mental hurdle AND it being on the road? I think you can, but it gives me hesitation, lots of it. Otherwise, I’d be screaming UT wins that game.

Look at this matchup, they are very thin at CB, starters are good, no real depth and if Huggins is gone, it’s even worse and they (unfortunately) had another CB go down with a season ending injury this week. Now, think of who the UT receivers are (I do like the UF receivers as well), but if UF gets banged up at all in the secondary, they are in big trouble and UT has the WRs to really exploit that. Will be something to watch, let’s revisit the week of to check on the health of their secondary that week. I’m sooo close to picking UT.
yeah, as the situation changes, i see what you're talking about.

they still have a good front 7...definiltey good enough to cause us problems up front....so while i agree on the match up of our WR's against their current crop of DB's....could be a moot point if we don't hold up, up front. i still think that's the match up for us...we don't have to be "great" either. just not god awful.....

defensively, it goes the other way, we should be pretty good on the back 4, and pretty good at LB. can we rush the passer and stop the run enough to put hte ball back in our offense's hands???.... i guess the good news is their OL is questionable as well, so who wins that match up? could be what decides the game.

this is still a LOS game, and imo, i think UF has an advantage on both fronts. though i think the gap between our OL and their front 7 is closing.....

VN Store

Back