UT FOOT(ball) in mouth . . . TAKE 2

..bama fans were excited about Saban for exactly the reasons you stated. they may not like mentioning it, but let's not pretend it wasn't.

This times about a million...

This whole thing is a big fat nothing burger.. No more than a bunch of OVERLY sensitive people looking for something, anything to be butt hurt over.

It doesn't take much does it..

One of you placed the blame for your swollen rectum on the school.. Saying something to the effect that the University had left themselves and the fans open to this type of embarrassment..........

Good Lord get a life...

Reactions: 4 people
Why not promote last yrs Rookie of the Year and others who made NFL rosters FROM TENNESSEE?

It seems the coaches are most interested in promoting themselves than the program i.e. Kiffin.

It’s being done as well....the “controversial tweet” about players our coaches coached at other schools is only one of many graphics being put out. For example, I saw one this morning saying we’ve had 77 draft picks since 2000, 17 of which have been 1st round picks. Saw another one yesterday, a video showing Peyton, Barnett, Kamara and James....they’re doing a good job highlighting everything....and quite honestly, the one showing overwhelming number of top players our staff coached at other schools likely has the greatest positive impact with prospective recruits imo.

Reactions: 2 people
Sure, but he wasn't talking to the Bama fans when he did it. Twitter speaks to all. Which is why we are having this discussion. Try to keep up with my point, even a little.

i did, and i have already said, i just don't care. they(coaches) don't care. and your insertion of what Saban almighty did back then to compare to our situation now, and then look down your nose at us? psht.

they know who their target audience is. it ain't you and it ain't me.

if some fans get their feathers ruffled, or some others see it as a chance to poke some fun, so be it. no one will care if we sign a top 10 class and win 9+ games in the next couple years. and sign another top 5-10 class next year.

i can promise you this, when it comes time for a recruit to start deciding what schools he wants to go to, chances are it'll be the ones with the coaches that have the propensity to send guys to the NFL. period.

means to an end, and if some over sensitive namby pamby people get their feelings hurt because we don't push Tiny Richardson as an NFL guy, so be it.

Reactions: 1 person
They aren't mad because its stupid. It does exactly what SEC fans are saying it does, that is why they are laughing, no matter how many Pruitt sheep defend it. It is being mocked by many, that is a fact. Twelve serial posters can't change that.

Looks like another VNer that needs a safe space.

This times about a million...

This whole thing is a big fat nothing burger.. No more than a bunch of OVERLY sensitive people looking for something, anything to be butt hurt over.

It doesn't take much does it..

One of you placed the blame for your swollen rectum on the school.. Saying something to the effect that the University had left themselves and the fans open to this type of embarrassment..........

Good Lord get a life...

Lot of guys just didn’t like the Pruitt hire for whatever reason....mainly because of his Bama ties, and they’re just gonna complain about most everything he does or doesn’t do. Just how it is. I personally don’t get it, given how awful our program has been for a decade now. I don’t care if the guy is from the Taliban or ISIS....hell, I don’t even care if he’s a Democrat if he can turn things around and get us to winning again at the high level we all want.

i did, and i have already said, i just don't care. they(coaches) don't care. and your insertion of what Saban almighty did back then to compare to our situation now, and then look down your nose at us? psht.

Then why on earth do you fill the need to discuss it with me? What we have here is an obvious failure to communicate. It would seem that your emotional predisposition toward a biased Crimson attitude has enabled you to read my innermost motives and intentions, regardless of the written word.

Nonetheless, still sounds like Pruitt, like many of his players, will have to learn the hard way that Twitter is a two edge sword.

Lot of guys just didn’t like the Pruitt hire for whatever reason....mainly because of his Bama ties, and they’re just gonna complain about most everything he does or doesn’t do. Just how it is. I personally don’t get it, given how awful our program has been for a decade now. I don’t care if the guy is from the Taliban or ISIS....hell, I don’t even care if he’s a Democrat if he can turn things around and get us to winning again at the high level we all want.

Oh, KB, thanks for bringing this up.

I think we can put a fence around most of the negative reaction to CJP's hire. I mean, this is shifting the topic, but that's okay, we've pretty much run the "FOOT(ball) in mouth" OP discussion into the ground, and are now just circling around and around again with the same arguments and counter-arguments. Changing the subject may actually be the kindest thing we can do with this thread.

So, why do some Vols fans look for ways to dump on CJP?

-- Some wanted a specific other person, and are bitter they didn't get him. Gruden, Leach, Mullen, Kiffin, Frost, Miles, who the heck ever. As a subset of this group are some who just wanted to see Tennessee pay a record amount of money for someone Famous (yes, capital F famous). Like it's a reality TV competition, and we have to prove that we're "in it to win it" using $$.

-- Some dislike that he has significant Bama heritage. Within that group, a subset believe he may--if successful here--leave us for Bama in the future. That subset are practicing pre-emptive shunning...shun him now, so that they have the satisfaction of knowing they shunned first if he shuns the Vols later. And within that subset is a sub-subset who believe, insanely, that CJP is just here to sabotage the Volunteers program. Heh. As if we aren't sabotaged enough already.

-- Some dislike his country accent and grammatically error-prone way of speaking. Yeah, I don't know why, but these people do actually exist. As if a football coach is supposed to have gotten all As in English in high school and college, I guess. I don't get it, but they're real.

And so you can capture 95% + of the CJP detractors in those three categories. And most haters belong to two or more at once.

None of it makes a lot of sense, but that's where it's coming from.

Last edited:
from another poster in another forum:

So far our staff has had the following in terms of their position coached or in Pruitts case overall defense

#3 Sam darnold(Helton)

#8 roquan smith (Sherrer)

#11 minkah (Pruitt)

#13 Payne (pruitt)

#17 Derwin James (Kelly)

so there's some of you don't want guys like Crouch, Morris, Wright, Booth, Pappoe, Washington, Bogle, Wilhoite et al, to see this?

just because dawgsforlife97 or whatever made a joke on the internet???

weak. these kids we're recruiting today, have no frame of reference on what we "used to be".

here's a quote from Shyheim Battle, a DB recruit that visited for the OW game...hes from North Carolina:

my first impression was, ‘this place is big.’ i wasn't expecting that. I pretty much liked everything i saw,” said battle. “it was better than i expected. I wasn’t expecting half of what i saw. I didn’t think tennessee was that big on football, but i saw they’ve got a lot of history and they are pretty big on football.” the 6-foot-2, 173-pound battle said clemson remains at the top of his list,

sell it all. coaches, facilities, tradition....all of it.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Then why on earth do you fill the need to discuss it with me? What we have here is an obvious failure to communicate. It would seem that your emotional predisposition toward a biased Crimson attitude has enabled you to read my innermost motives and intentions, regardless of the written word.

Nonetheless, still sounds like Pruitt, like many of his players, will have to learn the hard way that Twitter is a two edge sword.

cause your point was missing the whole point of what these coaches are trying to do. you inserted a narrative that's not relevant to what this staff is doing in today's social media world.

yes it is double edged, so if that means we have to put up with a meme or gif or two about it, so what?

still pales in comparison to what we've been thru under CBJ and his media accomplishments, and the debacle we went thru during the coaching search.

so again, i leave you with this...this staff wants to sell recruits on their proven track record of sending talent to the NFL and i'm supposed to apologize for that as a TN fan? because twitter is double edged?

nope. make your memes and gifs. shower us with your tales of how Saban did it back in the day.

none of us should care. sadly, some do.

cause your point was missing the whole point of what these coaches are trying to do. you inserted a narrative that's not relevant to what this staff is doing in today's social media world.

yes it is double edged, so if that means we have to put up with a meme or gif or two about it, so what?

still pales in comparison to what we've been thru under CBJ and his media accomplishments, and the debacle we went thru during the coaching search.

so again, i leave you with this...this staff wants to sell recruits on their proven track record of sending talent to the NFL and i'm supposed to apologize for that as a TN fan? because twitter is double edged?

nope. make your memes and gifs. shower us with your tales of how Saban did it back in the day.

none of us should care. sadly, some do.

I'm aware of why many coaches are going the route they do. As far as the absurdity of Twitter, hey, it doesn't seem to be hurting the Potus. But it sure gets a lot of comments. Kinda like volnation.

I'm aware of why many coaches are going the route they do. As far as the absurdity of Twitter, hey, it doesn't seem to be hurting the Potus. But it sure gets a lot of comments. Kinda like volnation.

lol. So we're the trump of the sec? He's still the president. Lol.

Means to an ends.

Oh, KB, thanks for bringing this up.

I think we can put a fence around most of the negative reaction to CJP's hire. I mean, this is shifting the topic, but that's okay, we've pretty much run the "FOOT(ball) in mouth" OP discussion into the ground, and are now just circling around and around again with the same arguments and counter-arguments. Changing the subject may actually be the kindest thing we can do with this thread.

So, why do some Vols fans look for ways to dump on CJP?

-- Some wanted a specific other person, and are bitter they didn't get him. Gruden, Leach, Mullen, Kiffin, Frost, Miles, who the heck ever. As a subset of this group are some who just wanted to see Tennessee pay a record amount of money for someone Famous (yes, capital F famous). Like it's a reality TV competition, and we have to prove that we're "in it to win it" using $$.

-- Some dislike that he has significant Bama heritage. Within that group, a subset believe he may--if successful here--leave us for Bama in the future. That subset are practicing pre-emptive shunning...shun him now, so that they have the satisfaction of knowing they shunned first if he shuns the Vols later. And within that subset is a sub-subset who believe, insanely, that CJP is just here to sabotage the Volunteers program. Heh. As if we aren't sabotaged enough already.

-- Some dislike his country accent and grammatically error-prone way of speaking. Yeah, I don't know why, but these people do actually exist. As if a football coach is supposed to have gotten all As in English in high school and college, I guess. I don't get it, but they're real.

And so you can capture 95% + of the CJP detractors in those three categories. And most haters belong to two or more at once.

None of it makes a lot of sense, but that's where it's coming from.

Some won't admit it but this is true. Whether or not he succeeds here no one knows for sure but I'm gonna give him a chance until he proves he can't do it and not nitpick every little thing he says or does. I did the other coaches the same way. Some of os can look at this with an open mind.

Last edited:
Some won't admit it but this is true. Whether or not he succeeds here no one knows for sure but I'm gonna give him a chance until he proves he can't do it and not nitpick every little thing he says or does. I did the other coaches the same way. Some of os can look at this with an open mind.

Yep.
And if he winds up sucking, we know how it ends. So I'm my view, what I see is a guy and staff doing what they think is necessary to both win as much as possible as soon as possible while also keeping an eye on the prize that the 19 and 20 classes could provide. And what would be a foundation to maintain a certain level of success going forward.

And they're doing it a way more tangible and palatable manner than the last guy.

No one knows if it'll yield the results. Start signing the types of kids they're going after, and that'll be certainly headed in the right direction.

so there's some of you don't want guys like Crouch, Morris, Wright, Booth, Pappoe, Washington, Bogle, Wilhoite et al, to see this?

weak. these kids we're recruiting today, have no frame of reference on what we "used to be".

here's a quote from Shyheim Battle, a DB recruit that visited for the OW game...hes from North Carolina:

Funny how you automactically assume every recruite has adopted you point of view...

Very well said, very well laid out. Still, those who don’t want to see it, wont admit to seeing it.

But wait MC...........but wait........Pruitt is a Bammer, you sure you want to give him a chance?

Still waiting on your example proving your "point".

Kiffen putting usc pics up ... fans hammered him for it.
Dooley said dumb things, fans defended him till he didnt win.
Jones said dumb things, fans defended him till he didnt win.
My point all along as been, it dumb. If he wins noone wilk care. If he doesnt it will hasten his exit. For proof, see above.

My point all along as been, it dumb. If he wins noone wilk care. If he doesnt it will hasten his exit. For proof, see above.

They difference with Kiffin is that he was replacing stuff inside UT buildings with Trojan stuff. There is a difference between that and the list of players drafted under these coaches,small I know but different.
As far as Dooley and Jones,who knows,you may end up being right. Congrats if you are.

They difference in Kiffin is that he was replacing stuff inside IT buildings with Trojan stuff. There is a difference between that and the list of players drafted under these coaches,small I know but different.
As far as Dooley and Jones,who knows,you may end p being right. Congrats if you are.

Why are you congratulating me? I want the vols to win, dont really care what the coaches name is. I just he didnt say stupid stuff.

Whoa volfannbama. You’re equating Kiffin trying to piss on Tennessee’s rich heritage and tradition by trying to turn it into the “USC of the East” as it was labeled at the time, with telling recruits on Twitter which great college players and eventual nfl draft picks our new, current staff has previously coached?

Oh come on man, you surely know better than that. What a reach.

Whoa volfannbama. You’re equating Kiffin trying to piss on Tennessee’s rich heritage and tradition by trying to turn it into the “USC of the East” as it was labeled at the time, with telling recruits on Twitter which great college players and eventual nfl draft picks our new, current staff has previously coached?

Oh come on man, you surely know better than that. What a reach.
Hmm, so kiffen touting players at usc as proof of his pending success is different than pruitt touting players from other schools as proof of his pending success. I guess ones the current coach that cant be criticized and one isnt.

Funny how you focus on that one and not the other two.

VN Store

Back