UT Basketball lands Aidoo

ON JONAS AIDOO CONTRIBUTING AS A FRESHMAN
"First of all, Jonas is a high, high character young man. Through the process to get to where he is now, he is definitely what people would call a late bloomer. He took off a bit slow, had to figure it out. Hit a late growth spurt. Had to transfer his guard skills into being a seven-footer, so people didn't really follow him early on. So, because of that I think he has a humbleness and likability to him that has allowed him to not be scarred by some of the things that come with being highly touted at a young age.

"First off, he's a high character young man that comes from a great family and support system. He's also a hard worker that loves the game of basketball and loves to work at it. He wants nothing more than to be in the gym improving on and working on his game. Then, he has a great personality especially for a big. He's got a little kid in him where he just wants to have fun.

"I don't know if you all have seen his Tik Tok numbers, but they are ridiculous. I have been trying to get him to teach me to be more popular on Tik Tok. I don't know if there's any hope for me on that. But, he just has a great sense of humor and a great way about himself that I think the fans and his teammates are going to love from a basketball standpoint. He's a really skilled player. He's a seven-foot skilled player. He can play with his back to the basket. He can play facing the basket, he can handle it a bit and can do a bit of everything. I think the biggest area of his game we're going to need to improve is on the physical nature of his game and his ability to handle the physicality of the college game and I think all freshman have that learning curve."

-Justin Gainey

At the beginning of this past season I thought they had incredible depth also but the opposition proved otherwise.
We had holes in the two most important positions on a basketball team, point guard and center. This year, we will have those and all the other positions covered. As the Freshmen gain experience, the team will become better and better and end up a very good basketball team. I can hardly wait for the season to begin.

ON JONAS AIDOO CONTRIBUTING AS A FRESHMAN
"First of all, Jonas is a high, high character young man. Through the process to get to where he is now, he is definitely what people would call a late bloomer. He took off a bit slow, had to figure it out. Hit a late growth spurt. Had to transfer his guard skills into being a seven-footer, so people didn't really follow him early on. So, because of that I think he has a humbleness and likability to him that has allowed him to not be scarred by some of the things that come with being highly touted at a young age.

"First off, he's a high character young man that comes from a great family and support system. He's also a hard worker that loves the game of basketball and loves to work at it. He wants nothing more than to be in the gym improving on and working on his game. Then, he has a great personality especially for a big. He's got a little kid in him where he just wants to have fun.

"I don't know if you all have seen his Tik Tok numbers, but they are ridiculous. I have been trying to get him to teach me to be more popular on Tik Tok. I don't know if there's any hope for me on that. But, he just has a great sense of humor and a great way about himself that I think the fans and his teammates are going to love from a basketball standpoint. He's a really skilled player. He's a seven-foot skilled player. He can play with his back to the basket. He can play facing the basket, he can handle it a bit and can do a bit of everything. I think the biggest area of his game we're going to need to improve is on the physical nature of his game and his ability to handle the physicality of the college game and I think all freshman have that learning curve."

-Justin Gainey

Sounds mostly positive, but I really wish we could add a post with SEC-ready toughness.

Reactions: CAVPUT
You mean like a once in a lifetime type player like demarcus cousins because those don’t come around too often as freshman, but I’ll be sure to let Barnes know to recruit this type
I feel like BHH is that type. He’s a man among boys in his highlight tapes. Demarcus Cousins was 1 of 1

I feel like BHH is that type. He’s a man among boys in his highlight tapes. Demarcus Cousins was 1 of 1
It’s very rare to come into the sec and just dominate physically as a freshman unless you are Shaq or Cousins...BHH has a good shot so he doesn’t have rely on banging around on the inside to get his points thats why Julias Randle is a really good comparison

It’s very rare to come into the sec and just dominate physically as a freshman unless you are Shaq or Cousins...BHH has a good shot so he doesn’t have rely on banging around on the inside to get his points thats why Julias Randle is a really good comparison
There are still levels below Shaq and D Cuz that are SEC level tough... that’s like nba level tough

There are still levels below Shaq and D Cuz that are SEC level tough... that’s like nba level tough
The levels below that are what most programs end up with because those kids haven’t seen a full year of strength and conditioning from a college program yet which is what this argument is about...

The levels below that are what most programs end up with because those kids haven’t seen a full year of strength and conditioning from a college program yet which is what this argument is about...
Argument was about SEC toughness which I said was levels below what you were talking about with shaq and cousins. That’s generational toughness.

You mean like a once in a lifetime type player like demarcus cousins because those don’t come around too often as freshman, but I’ll be sure to let Barnes know to recruit this type
I mean a grad transfer. Someone that will mix it up with the other trees for 10 and 10 would be wonderful

VN Store

Back