UT Basketball lands Aidoo

Can’t stay healthy? Smashing his arm into multiple pieces, having to cut out wisdom teeth in the middle of a season, and being infected with a virus during a pandemic is your definition of “can’t stay healthy”? You also define earning all-SEC honors as “one good year”? Stop making idiotic posts. Better yet, just stop posting since you aren’t able to understand how foolish you look.
You gonna cry now, go ahead, no one will judge you. Get out of feelings when you're finished.

My issue is statically speaking they are similar per their 30 min usage. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about this. Of course history is relevant. When healthy, which he seldom is, Fulky is a good player. How do you discount four years and put more weight on his one healthy season and say that's who he is ?! That doesn't make any sense.
You’d have a more palatable point if his injuries/illnesses weren’t of the fluke variety. A shattered elbow, COVID, and an emergency wisdom teeth removal aren’t exactly run of the mill injuries that give you reason to assume he is “injury-prone”. If had a history of ankle or knee injuries throughout his career, then your contention that injuries seem to follow the guy would be more concerning. What has knocked him out have been fluke troubles. And the one year he wasn’t dealing with those things, he was 2nd-team All-SEC. Maybe that was a fluke, too, but his actual talent is closer to that than he is toward being a constant injury concern and talentless hack.

Reactions: VolArmy74
You’d have a more palatable point if his injuries/illnesses weren’t of the fluke variety. A shattered elbow, COVID, and an emergency wisdom teeth removal aren’t exactly run of the mill injuries that give you reason to assume he is “injury-prone”. If had a history of ankle or knee injuries throughout his career, then your contention that injuries seem to follow the guy would be more concerning. What has knocked him out have been fluke troubles. And the one year he wasn’t dealing with those things, he was 2nd-team All-SEC. Maybe that was a fluke, too, but his actual talent is closer to that than he is toward being a constant injury concern and talentless hack.
I agree 100%, I at no point questioned his talent, heart or dedication. My issue is his inability to stay on the court, through no fault of his own, will limit what upside he may or may not have, and historically/statistically speaking...Olivier is a similar player with a potentially greater upside. It's that simple.

It’s not that simple as ON has never shown any flash close to the level Fulky showed his true freshmen season prior to the arm injury nor Fulky’s all-SEC season.

I agree 100%, I at no point questioned his talent, heart or dedication. My issue is his inability to stay on the court, through no fault of his own, will limit what upside he may or may not have, and historically/statistically speaking...Olivier is a similar player with a potentially greater upside. It's that simple.

Inability to stay on the court? Another horrible take by you. Fulkerson had COVID, wisdom teeth surgery, and an arm injury and was still on the court.

Reactions: allen phillips
I agree. The biggest issue may be youth and a general lack of understanding of Barnes' system. Not only is Fulkerson capable of another big season on the court, he could be invaluable at helping the new guys figure out their roles on the team.

Exactly. Youth and inexperience is going to be a factor this year. Barnes and staff have theri work cut out for them to try to get these kids up to speed. Last year was an abberation - proper season preparation was lost to covid, and the inexperience showed. Hopefully, Fulky will return and help out with that this year.

Reactions: i2amavol
Hilarious interview fail by Hyams. Aidoo named a bunch of Texas bigs in the NBA that influenced his choice. Hyams asked “Grant Williams?”.

Aidoo: “Who?”

Hyams: “Grant Williams, 2x SEC POY.”

Aidoo: “No”

Dead air
Lmao. Dude’s naming Texas bigs and Hyams mentions a Tennessee big 🤦‍♂️

I am more impressed with ORN after this year, but I don't know how people can compare a full-time sub to an all-SEC player. I cannot say how Fulkerson will perform next year, but it's amazing to me how soon people forget his exploits.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back