USCe on the road

ColinS

It will take our best game of the season. This is not like facing a struggling Arkansas at home missing their best player. This is one of the most upward trending teams in the country on the road.

cardvolfan

Since we beat them by 1 at home they are 7-2

This is not a game we should win and likely won’t win
We were very fortunate to pull that game out in Knoxville. They're playing really good basketball right now. Tennessee will need to have an Arkansas-esque performance to have a decent chance at winning.

golfballs

VolNation Autonomous Zone Warlord
Isaiah Joe. 16 points and 4 rebounds a game. Don't get me wrong we have had injury problems as much as anyone. I'm just stating that South Carolina is playing at a higher level than Arkansas in their current state.
Hm, I’m not sure Joe is even their second best player. But I agree S Carolina is playing much better ball right now than us or Arkansas. Also I think USC is a much tougher matchup for us than Arkansas is. Even if JJJ is back it’s going to be tough for us to win.

cncchris33

Hm, I’m not sure Joe is even their second best player. But I agree S Carolina is playing much better ball right now than us or Arkansas. Also I think USC is a much tougher matchup for us than Arkansas is. Even if JJJ is back it’s going to be tough for us to win.
I agree Jones is their best, but I don’t even know who you could argue over Joe as their second best, honestly.

StrangeVol

Okay...there is one thing that makes me think we have a better chance than popular wisdom predicts. The first SC game, 1/11/20, was Santi's third game with the team and he was still trying to adjust to SEC hoops and his teammates were trying to adjust to him. Since that time nine more games have been played and I hope most would agree we are much more "together" than we were back on 1/11. At the same time, Frank (a coach I really respect a lot) Martin's team has gotten better as well and is playing really well at this point.

At the end of the day I still see this one as a nail biter but I'm cautiously optimistic that we can get a very valuable W this Saturday. At least I think I've talked myself into believing that. lol ;)

ScottyP5

USCe hasn’t beaten anyone worthy outside of Kentucky and maybe Virginia all season...they also have 4-5 really bad losses. I really like our matchup with the Coots. Vols roll by double figures.

VN Store

Sponsors