USCe on the road

sechamp2012

Good aggressive Martin D team that just blew out UGA on road. In order to get a W. We need to match their D. We need more than 6 and 4 points from Bowden / Pons. Also need more than 5/3/8 from the bench. If this don’t happen & JJJ not playing could see a L.

Attachments

• 9AE99D18-07F0-4309-B305-3F7DA2E8AF4F.png
    9AE99D18-07F0-4309-B305-3F7DA2E8AF4F.png
    152.2 KB · Views: 54
KenPom has it as a 2 point loss. It will be very hard to get the W in Columbia, but if we play as we did against Arkansas we could do it.

Reactions: cardvolfan
It will take our best game of the season. This is not like facing a struggling Arkansas at home missing their best player. This is one of the most upward trending teams in the country on the road.

Reactions: berryvol
Since we beat them by 1 at home they are 7-2

This is not a game we should win and likely won’t win
We were very fortunate to pull that game out in Knoxville. They're playing really good basketball right now. Tennessee will need to have an Arkansas-esque performance to have a decent chance at winning.

Mason Jones?

We were also missing a player.
Isaiah Joe. 16 points and 4 rebounds a game. Don't get me wrong we have had injury problems as much as anyone. I'm just stating that South Carolina is playing at a higher level than Arkansas in their current state.

Isaiah Joe. 16 points and 4 rebounds a game. Don't get me wrong we have had injury problems as much as anyone. I'm just stating that South Carolina is playing at a higher level than Arkansas in their current state.
Hm, I’m not sure Joe is even their second best player. But I agree S Carolina is playing much better ball right now than us or Arkansas. Also I think USC is a much tougher matchup for us than Arkansas is. Even if JJJ is back it’s going to be tough for us to win.

Reactions: ColinS
Hm, I’m not sure Joe is even their second best player. But I agree S Carolina is playing much better ball right now than us or Arkansas. Also I think USC is a much tougher matchup for us than Arkansas is. Even if JJJ is back it’s going to be tough for us to win.
I agree Jones is their best, but I don’t even know who you could argue over Joe as their second best, honestly.

Martin is a giant Douche & that is why UT wins. Flawless logic amirite?
Martin is one of the more respected coaches in the game. I never have understood all the name calling in today's society. It was petty back in grade school and it's petty now. Flawless logic amirite?

Reactions: StrangeVol
Martin is one of the more respected coaches in the game. I never have understood all the name calling in today's society. It was petty back in grade school and it's petty now. Flawless logic amirite?

A douche can get respect too. Just look at Belichick ya snowflake.

Okay...there is one thing that makes me think we have a better chance than popular wisdom predicts. The first SC game, 1/11/20, was Santi's third game with the team and he was still trying to adjust to SEC hoops and his teammates were trying to adjust to him. Since that time nine more games have been played and I hope most would agree we are much more "together" than we were back on 1/11. At the same time, Frank (a coach I really respect a lot) Martin's team has gotten better as well and is playing really well at this point.

At the end of the day I still see this one as a nail biter but I'm cautiously optimistic that we can get a very valuable W this Saturday. At least I think I've talked myself into believing that. lol ;)

USCe hasn’t beaten anyone worthy outside of Kentucky and maybe Virginia all season...they also have 4-5 really bad losses. I really like our matchup with the Coots. Vols roll by double figures.

Only reason we beat them early was because Barnes coaches defense as well as Martin does.I look for this to be a knock down defense game.Last standing wins.

Attachments

• UT-Smokey.jpg
    UT-Smokey.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back