USC sanctions

I'm just sick of people throwing around crap and hoping it sticks when they have no basis for their claims. Gets on my nerves.

It's a message board, so if it gets on your nerves, I would seek other places much more fact based than opinion to spend your time. Just the facts, right??

This is not a day to argue whether we believe the punishment fits the crime or argue what actually happened and who knows what. This is a day to rejoice as a Tennessee fan that the scum that was our last coach has gone to a program that now is in serious disarray. Suck it, Lane.

This is the best news ever. Seriously - I hope Seantrel s***s himself for having signed that LOI. YOU DON'T BELIEVE KIFFIN PERIOD.

:)

They should slap 2 more years of no post season play on the sentence for USC being dumb enough to bring 2 of the guys responsible back.

I'm happy they did (now - wasn't happy at all in Jan with the abrupt exit and subsequent douchery). I'm glad they're not our problem anymore. Their antics were about to boil over into real trouble here.

I'd like to see at least 3 years postseason and 1 year of no TV.

I remember when the USC job was open and I thought to myself who would want that job because of the allegations and I would never thought Kiffin did and now that he left I think that idiot got what he deserved and I wish he would of gotten worse.

Say it does end up being a 2 year probation. Was UT going to do anything in 2010 or 2011? No. USC will still be a better job in 2012 and beyond than UT.

This.

I work for the the U of Washington, in a job very close to compliance. If the USC people were doing their jobs, this would have been over before it began.
SC's compliance guys are supposed to go to San Diego and demand Reggie Bush's stepfather tell them who's paying for his house? I'd love to see how many compliance units do that.

Say it does end up being a 2 year probation. Was UT going to do anything in 2010 or 2011? No. USC will still be a better job in 2012 and beyond than UT.

You keep pointing out how much better SC is than us, why?? Why do you think UT fans care how great it is out there?? I don't, but I am glad old Kiffin and O are getting theirs, if everything pans out.

For those who care or needed more definition (like me), Wes Rucker just confirmed to me on Twitter, that the 20 scholarships are football only.

So does this mean Kiffin is going back to the Raiders?? sarcarm intended. I feel kinda bad for the players who had nothing to do with it. As for the ones like Seantrel and Ambles, all I gotta say is good luck.

I'm not on a high horse. But, you claimed that there were tons of facts to back up your initial claims. That's just not the case.

Until the report is released, it might be better to not say what is not in there and think about what could be in there. Cause you have no proof either to support your claims.

I'm not on a high horse. But, you claimed that there were tons of facts to back up your initial claims. That's just not the case.

well next time I'll send you a typed brief of every reason why I post something. Geez, lighten up dude.

I mean ultimately I don't really care cuz it's not Tennessee. Just don't really think a post season ban is necessary. Scholarships sure.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Think of the $$$ no bowl game will cost them......not to mention national exposure and no chance at a NC!

This is not a day to argue whether we believe the punishment fits the crime or argue what actually happened and who knows what. This is a day to rejoice as a Tennessee fan that the scum that was our last coach has gone to a program that now is in serious disarray. Suck it, Lane.

If there was a "like" button, I would have clicked it.

This. The NCAA already spent 4 years figuring all this out.

Until the report is released, it might be better to not say what is not in there and think about what could be in there. Cause you have no proof either to support your claims.

To be fair, I'm not sure he made any claims. He just stated that the other guy had no proof for his, which he is correct on.

SC's compliance guys are supposed to go to San Diego and demand Reggie Bush's stepfather tell them who's paying for his house? I'd love to see how many compliance units do that.

If anything seems fishy, yes. That's damn well what they should do. Their job is to make sure everything that is going on, involving their players is legit.

When Reggie Bush was recruited, they would have learned what his parents did for work, where they lived and what they could afford. If out of nowhere, they are living above their means, then hell yes, the compliance people should be concerned.

Last edited:
Yeh penalize a team with scholarship losses that almost never uses their full allotment anyway...that will show them who's boss.

My thoughts exactly. Like you said, this a great day for Tennessee. That two-year ban and up to 20 scholly's is going to kill them.

Yeh penalize a team with scholarship losses that almost never uses their full allotment anyway...that will show them who's boss.

Yeah, should have given them the death penalty for one illegal player...geesh...

It's their job hat, to make sure things like this don't happen. If they even sniff something like this happening, you should be on it from Day 1. This is a pure and simple case of their offices not caring about anything but winning, and more than likely Carroll going over their heads anyways to do things like this. If you think the wholesome great Carroll wasn't somewhat involved in this as well, your pretty naive, IMO.

If anything seems fishy, yes. That's damn well what they should do. Their job is to make sure everything that is going on, involving their players is legit.
So, they are to take a tour every year of their players' homes and decide who is and is not living above their means? Yeah, that'll turn out well.

VN Store

Back