USC Please Give me a break.

I don't recall many muffed punts from Rogan last year, though I could be forgetting them. I remember one against UCLA earlier this year.

The same could be said of Jon Hefney and Lucas Taylor. Each of those guys made crucial mistakes as sophomores.

You said his entire career. Just saying he performed better than anything we had seen in the previous few years as a freshman.

I don't recall many muffed punts from Rogan last year, though I could be forgetting them. I remember one against UCLA earlier this year.

He didn't muff a single one last year. However, he fielded several he shouldn't have and bobbled and nearly muffed several. Jones has been flawless.

He didn't muff a single one last year. However, he fielded several he shouldn't have and bobbled and nearly muffed several. Jones has been flawless.

Hey, I'm glad to see Jones back there. However, I think Rogan has done a more than acceptable job back there.

Hey, I'm glad to see Jones back there. However, I think Rogan has done a more than acceptable job back there.

It'd be like Crompton throwing 3 passes against NIU into double coverage that defenders very nearly picked off. Sure he didn't technically throw any picks, but he was lucky not to. Rogan was pretty lucky last year not to have a few muffed punts. He needs some work before taking over as the full time guy.

It'd be like Crompton throwing 3 passes against NIU into double coverage that defenders very nearly picked off. Sure he didn't technically throw any picks, but he was lucky not to. Rogan was pretty lucky last year not to have a few muffed punts. He needs some work before taking over as the full time guy.

Gerald Jones had a similar punt return this weekend. He pulled off a great spin move and avoided the hit, but he probably would have been better off taking the fair catch. Good punt returners take risky moves sometimes, I think its a little different than the QB situation IMO.

Dennis Rogan would do just fine as the full time PR, Gerald Jones would probably be better though. Jones is that good with the ball in his hands.

Last edited:
Gerald Jones had a similar punt return this weekend. He pulled off a great spin move and avoided the hit, but he probably would have been better off taking the fair catch. Good punt returners take risky moves sometimes, I think its a little different than the QB situation IMO.

Gerald had the ball well-secured before he did anything. Rogan has had quite a few punts where he's running with his arms fully extended in front of him in order to get the ball. If you're that far out of position you wave your arms and get out of the way. I have no problem with what Gerald did. He caught the ball just fine and I trust him to hold onto it once he has it.

Dennis Rogan=good PR
Gerald Jones has the potential to be a great one.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Why are so many people in love with this team? For one if they were in the SEC we wouldn't hear about them. Another thing they really don't have as many good players as people think. Ex: when they move on to the pros they become busts more often than not. Ex B: Emmanuel Moody transfers to Florida after being a factor back at USC and can't make it off the practice squad. He also looks slow. Its terrible that they save them every year from playin a marquee SEC team. Why schedule Aurburn and Arkansas. How aboutthey schedule Georgia, Florida, LSU, Tennessee. This is getting terrible. Instead of playing Georgia in the BCS bowl they sent the Pac-10's baby brother Hawaii to take the whoppin. Others thoughts on this all universe team are welcome.

They also played an Arkansas team that beat us when they had McFadden and Jones

VN Store

Back