Usc has punched the ticket

^ I dunno... ASU has a chance for redemption agains Georgia, but between their loss and Oregon's QB troubles, the Pac-10 does not look too hot this year. I would honestly give USC at least a 50/50 shot at winning all their games.

^ I dunno... ASU has a chance for redemption agains Georgia, but between their loss and Oregon's QB troubles, the Pac-10 does not look too hot this year. I would honestly give USC at least a 50/50 shot at winning all their games.
will they be under a 10 pt favorite the rest of the season?

Only plausible situations they wouldn't be:

1. Arizona State bounces back and beats Georgia and tears Cal a new one
2. Oregon's third-string freshman QB puts up like 800 yards and 8 TD's against Boise State and Wazzu in wins (Oregon would be undefeated at that point)
3. Washington really is the team we saw take BYU to the wire, and wins their next 4 including an undefeated Notre Dame
4. Notre Dame runs the table

Most of those would probably put USC at just below 10 point favorites, and all except the first one are *barely* even possible. Just IMO. Mike Belotti will likely be playing 2 QB's for the foreseeable future, Washington is probably the team we saw against UO and OU, not BYU, and Notre Dame still isn't that good. Arizona State, on the other hand *is* a Dennis Erickson team, and has the talent on paper to beat a potentially overrated Georgia.

That game this weekend just reinforced what knowledgable football fans have known for years. Ohio st is a weak imposter of a big time program. USC will still lose a game or two this year.

Who do you think beats them?

^ Probably with the rest of us on the west coast expecting them to slip once against any of the other Pac-10 teams. The rest of the conference has looked pretty bad, except Oregon and ASU pending the Georgia game. But most of the conference except OSU and Wazzu has enough talent that if they caught USC sleeping, could win.

I get what you're saying.. i was JW who anyone had in mind. I could see Oregon doing it if it's @ Oregon

Erickson's a great coach, but I'm not sure the talent's their to compete with USC quite yet for winning the outright conference. I'm not sure where the game is between them, but either way USC by at least 2 TD's.

As for the UGA game next week, I think they can get up for 1 ballgame and maybe pull it off possibly. I wouldn't give them a great chance, but I wouldn't be shocked either.

Last edited:
USC just proved to me and the rest of the nation, that they are unbeatable and if by any chance UGA does make it to Miami to play them in the BCS NC, they will get killed, but otherwise back to reality, I think it is USC VS Oklahoma in the BCS NC, I know its early but this looks like it just might happen, USC is way too good, yeah i know they beat an overrated Ohio State team tonight but I truly believe they are unstoppable until they meet Oklahoma in January and it's gonna be a dogfight, one hell of a NC.

We didn't play ohio state...

USC just proved to me and the rest of the nation, that they are unbeatable and if by any chance UGA does make it to Miami to play them in the BCS NC, they will get killed, but otherwise back to reality, I think it is USC VS Oklahoma in the BCS NC, I know its early but this looks like it just might happen, USC is way too good, yeah i know they beat an overrated Ohio State team tonight but I truly believe they are unstoppable until they meet Oklahoma in January and it's gonna be a dogfight, one hell of a NC.

Yeah freakin invinsible!! lol who have they played??? A crippled ohio state!!! THis BS of playing cupcake teams and winning out to play for NC is really getting old. Yeah they have talent but PLAY somebody for cryin out loud!!!

As mentioned earlier, USC had a silly amount of injuries.
And even more depth. Their second string could probably split the Pac-10 title this year.

For anybody who's been around the board for a while, you KNOW I don't say stuff like this, but the Pac-10 really is USC and the nine dwarfs this year.

Where is the Georgia-ASU game?
Tempe, I believe.

VN Store

Back