Update with AJ Johnson trial

Why Ghostbusters of course

You can tell the law student has been blinded by the light so to speak and the officer is of course defending his profession
They both are correct.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks, must have overlooked. :hi:

Still do not know why search did not pull that up. You would think when type in "AJ Johnson" it would pull up his threads.

When I type "AJ Johnson" in quotes it pulls up for me. :dunno:

Not to piss in the pool 10 days before college football starts, but is there any update on the trial. I think it was originally set for Aug 24th.

Thx!

yea it was moved to next June

Very common tactic for both sides, especially whenever there is little hardcore evidence. If A.J. keeps his nose clean you'll most likely see a dismissal or plea deal for something small like a misdemeanor that can be expunged or probation for a while. If he screws up/gets accused of something similar again it probably gets pushed as far as it can.

So does that mean his NFL career is officially shot? I really hate that for him!
I was watching a highlight of him the other day talking about how hard he works to make to the next level to be able to support his mom and family.

Very common tactic for both sides, especially whenever there is little hardcore evidence. If A.J. keeps his nose clean you'll most likely see a dismissal or plea deal for something small like a misdemeanor that can be expunged or probation for a while. If he screws up/gets accused of something similar again it probably gets pushed as far as it can.

It's also a common tactic when there's a good chance you'll be found guilty, so you push the trial off as long as possible so those that would testify are less likely to do so as time goes on.

Reactions: 2 people

I seriously doubt there will be a dismissal at this point--after a grand jury has found there is sufficient evidence to try it. A plea deal is always a possibility, but I doubt a prosecutor folds for nothing.

Date was extended because the prosecution did not provide the court with text messages between the accuser and the defendant? Did the Grand Jury not see these? Of course the defense is not allowed at this point to see what was presented to the grand jury?

VN Store

Back